Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Remember, for some who are still unsure if he should go or not. The fact is, when we was going good with Gerrard, we only ever beat the crap and still lost against the half decent teams. In reality, it's never been good with him in charge.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Wishful thinking on your part. I think he’s got at least a couple of games more. Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets Leicester and Southampton games also. 

I see some merit in letting him or a caretaker take the Arsenal and Man City whoopings, but giving him the Leicester and Southampton games would be unforgivable IMO, by that point we'll be 19th/20th, with morale at rock bottom, and making it much harder to turn things around.

He should be clearing out his desk today with a caretaker for the next week while we get the right man in, IMO.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why is he still here? I really thought an announcement last night or this morning.

Cos I put a silly bet on arsenal to win the league, so I asked Purslow to leave him charge for this game 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not wishful thinking at all, it’s what should happen.  No idea what a few more games will change anything.

I still expect to see a marquee signing just to quell the fans current discontent 

Im not saying you’re wrong that he should go just that I don’t think the club are as close to that decision as fans are. 

I wouldn’t be so incensed if he was admitting fault and was saying he was looking at what he and his staff are doing to rectify the problem and making changes instead of insinuating player effort is the problem. I’d think he could come back from that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

You’re assuming he will ever admit that what he’s doing is the problem and change it. If he’s not seen it yet, he’s never going to

He’s not the kind of person to ever accept, admit or state that he has ever been wrong or made a mistake.

He will blame everyone else before he ever does that.

What an unpleasant personality he is…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I see some merit in letting him or a caretaker take the Arsenal and Man City whoopings, but giving him the Leicester and Southampton games would be unforgivable IMO, by that point we'll be 19th/20th, with morale at rock bottom, and making it much harder to turn things around.

He should be clearing out his desk today with a caretaker for the next week while we get the right man in, IMO.

We have a caretaker in place. Critchley actually has experience of coaching and management, plus we paid a fee for his services so we may as well get some small use out of him. He can’t do any worse than SG.

The last thing we need is to hang on to and continually pay an incompetent face or figurehead for a failing regime… he can take his boys with him too, thank you very much. Useless.

And can we please, for the love of all that is good, finally get rid of Danks and McPhee?! Please! 🙏

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd like to just see this useless clown sacked and all the decent midfielders we have in a system that suits them and that encourages competition.

He will be given until the world cup unless we lose the next 4 games and performances are poor. 

So our hope is really for him to accept his system doesn't work and change it. To do that he needs wide forwards and thus we need to sign one in next few days

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Im not saying you’re wrong that he should go just that I don’t think the club are as close to that decision as fans are. 

Oh I think they are! I’m assuming they are working on his replacement first before pulling the trigger like they did with Smith so we aren’t without a manager for long.

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I wouldn’t be so incensed if he was admitting fault and was saying he was looking at what he and his staff are doing to rectify the problem and making changes instead of insinuating player effort is the problem. I’d think he could come back from that.

Never, he will never do that.

My message to him:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

He will be given until the world cup unless we lose the next 4 games and performances are poor. 

So our hope is really for him to accept his system doesn't work and change it. To do that he needs wide forwards and thus we need to sign one in next few days

Really because I am pretty sure he's a dead man walking and we are approaching agents as we speak.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Oh I think they are! I’m assuming they are working on his replacement first before pulling the trigger like they did with Smith so we aren’t without a manager for long.

How much more of this crap can this man tolerate?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Really because I am pretty sure he's a dead man walking and we are approaching agents as we speak.

Yep if he hasn’t done it all year what are people expecting to change in the next period of games.  The owners will have seen this and will be acting behind the scenes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He literally blamed the players in the last interview, he obviously feels he’s doing nothing wrong.  He said him and his staff are all…are the players.  He thinks he’s doing his part, he’s not changing anything.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure I've ever known the fanbase to be so unanimous in wanting a manager out. Even by the end of Bruce's tenure he had more support than Gerrard has. I'm sure even McLeish had some backers by the end.

I don't know a single Villa fan who wants Gerrard to stay

That’s quite a big call  tbh with you I feel  - I don’t recall much if any support for McLeish, he was well and truly done going into the Norwich game, probably the Bolton game was the one that really signalled the end for him there wasn’t any turning things around - I see lots of similarities in how the Bruce, tenure ended and I see these in Gerrard now to be truthful with you. 

Just now, nick76 said:

He literally blamed the players in the last interview, he obviously feels he’s doing nothing wrong.  He said him and his staff are all…are the players.  He thinks he’s doing his part, he’s not changing anything.

His words, or close enough:

“Me and my staff are all in, I hope the players are too…”

F off Stevie…

• Like 2

Â