Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Apparently we have the 4th highest possession in the league and that is with us feeling like we rush possession.

We lack so much width in our current formation. I genuinely think we'd be better playing 442 but feel like we are shoe horning Coutinho/Buendia 

That’s actually quite encouraging. If we can improve our play without the ball we could start to control games better. 

• Like 1

To digress a little…

I’d like to ask:

What are people’s views or experience with Gerrard at the ground?

How much of a positive connection and relationship do you feel there is between the manager and fans?

Or is there a disconnect and “emotional detachment”?

Do you feel he has endeared himself to the fans or is there a distance? I’d there a link or bond there?

How’s the atmosphere? Even looking back to the tail end of last season…

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

How much of a positive connection and relationship do you feel there is between the manager and fans?

Do you feel he has endeared himself to the fans or is there a distance? I’d there a link or bond there?

Well my family and a couple of friends almost didn’t renew our season tickets because mostly of him and the football.  I knew others at the ground who are also long term season ticket holders that questioned renewing, if that answers your question.  

Other reasons as I’ve mentioned before included ticket price rises and transportation issues but those could be forgotten somewhat if the football on the pitch was right.  We renewed because our love for the club though but it was a close call.

edit:  the atmosphere, it’s hard to say, it’s been nervous down there before Gerrard…basically 18 months of nervousness watching games, which impacts the atmosphere.

Edited by nick76
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

To digress a little…

I’d like to ask:

What are people’s views or experience with Gerrard at the ground?

I haven’t been this season yet but last season I felt the atmosphere was reactive to what was going on on the pitch and don’t think it would have mattered who the manager was. We win and everyone loves Gerrard. We lose and it’s the opposite.  Tbf it’s fairly quiet where I sit.

Its probably just me but I can’t really remember a  bond with Smith either.  Again it was just reactions to how we played. 

Now this season I’m expecting things to be different and a lot more hostility to the manager when things aren’t going well.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seriously struggling to see where people are getting any positivity, belief or encouragement from…

Just look at the evidence.

But each to their own…

I’m struggling to see where there is any positivity, belief or encouragement from fans.  Fans just defended the attacks against Gerrard after the Bolton game. Beyond that from what I can see everyone thinks things are pretty poor. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seriously struggling to see where people are getting any positivity, belief or encouragement from…

But each to their own…

Because everything at the club aside from on the pitch is brilliant, that’s my ray of hope.

Ditch this poor manager, get in a great coach and let’s see what happens.  We are set up everywhere else to progress…

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Because everything at the club aside from on the pitch is brilliant, that’s my ray of hope.

Ditch this poor manager, get in a great coach and let’s see what happens.  We are set up everywhere else to progress…

I have the same view. Sort it out on the pitch and we will thrive - the only problem is the manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m struggling to see where there is any positivity, belief or encouragement from fans.  Fans just defended the attacks against Gerrard after the Bolton game. Beyond that from what I can see everyone things things are pretty poor. 

Ok then…

I’m struggling to see how people can continue to defend this manager…

“How do you like them apples?” 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

But each to their own…

Thoughts on the data I've posted comparing our PL era managers? (Should say this a question for those posting more negatively about Gerrard rather than us specifically, as most that have engaged with it seem to already be more positive or at least on the fence about Gerrard)

Edited by tomsky_11

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

But each to their own…

It’s not so much belief or encouragement, it’s just that people deal with their emotions differently. You seem to thrive on venting your frustrations (this is not an insult, just an observation). You like to do it over and over, I guess it’s like therapy for you. Others prefer to look on the bright side and see the positives, even if they are small and insignificant. Just different coping mechanisms as we’re all pretty invested in this thing that we have no control over. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s not so much belief or encouragement, it’s just that people deal with their emotions differently. You seem to thrive on venting your frustrations (this is not an insult, just an observation). You like to do it over and over, I guess it’s like therapy for you. Others prefer to look on the bright side and see the positives, even if they are small and insignificant. Just different coping mechanisms as we’re all pretty invested in this thing that we have no control over. 

This. 

Thanks for putting it politely 👍🤣

That’s me! I just can’t be upset and negative about things. Especially when going to the game.   It is just blind hope but I need it!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Thoughts on the data I've posted comparing our PL era managers? (Should say this a question for those posting more negatively about Gerrard rather than us specifically, as most that have engaged with it seem to already be more positive or at least on the fence about Gerrard)

I’ll give it a proper look mate but I’m more concerned by what I’ve been watching and the way we have been going…

Different times, different context and what not…

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â