Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

No improvement. Massive spend. Massive wages. Players with no resale value bought.

Manager who is tactically unaware, can't seemingly coach to improve what he has.

We have set ourselves up with a massive problem here.

Manager on a 3.5 year contract. OH DEAR

It is a problem that so many of his signings are big money with no resale value. It’s going to saddle the club Everton style. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

We've found a level of consistency and I don't think we will get relegated even if Gerrard gets the whole season.

How's that for positivity.

I'm not sure.

Squad morale can go a long way to damaging a season, and ours looks shot to shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I think Purslow is a decent CEO, but he really dropped a bollock with the Gerrard appointment. 

Why do people think this? Loves the sound of his own voice and his Liverpool chums. Guy is a cretin. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I think Purslow is a decent CEO, but he really dropped a bollock with the Gerrard appointment. 

I think gerrard conned him personally. Scottish footballs dire. But the attraction of  abig name like gerrard to get elite signings in. I can see the appeal.

Its just not worked out. He is a novice and this jobs way too big for him.

2 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

3 games in is too soon, but I just don't see this working, I don't dislike Gerrard just don't think he is a manager or a coach.

I'd like to see us cut our losses but just can't see it happening for a while.

He’s 10 months in

Yeah I've had enough now. There were some good signs of what he was trying to build in the first few months but since the tail end of last season we've just looked woeful and clueless and it's getting worse.

• Like 4

Just now, Raymond said:

This performance is it. Cannot defend set pieces. Cannot deal with direct long balls. Cannot figure out the midfield. All of that is coaching. It is clear he is not up to the job. 

This is where I'm at.

I was prepared to give him until the World Cup, but it'll be too late by then if we continue to play like this.

We are getting worse.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I'm not sure.

Squad morale can go a long way to damaging a season, and ours looks shot to shit.

Yeah I know, but I doubt Gerrard gets the whole season. He should be out tomorrow but might get until the WC break.

Â