Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Gerrard isn't doing himself any favours if he continues to pick Coutinho over Buendia. It reflects badly on his management and send the wrong message to the players that, no matter how hard you work in training or how well you do when called upon, you will not get a start. 

Sanson is clearly not happy with the approach. He also promised Hause game time when he signed his new contract but hadn't be anywhere near the first team since. You could argue Chambers should also feel aggrieved. It's becoming a theme of the Gerrard era.

• Thanks 1

Apparently he's got the best " away win rate " of any in the PL.

Anyway, if we improve our home form this will go a massive distance in elevating our points haul.

Heres a personal nugget though... I think Buendia tends to start for us more away, and Coutinho more at home 🙏🏽

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Doesn't seem to like being asked about Buendia. Very odd.

It more seems like a bizarre defense of Leon Bailey to be fair.

Yesterday I did make a post where I noted that they seemed to be giving Leon alot of air time this week.

I wonder if he's going to start over EMI and that's why he's so defensive?

If anything and Bailey is to be involved, in should be in place of Coutinho, not EMI IMO 

He did then go on to talk about EMI having a little injury at start of season though.

I think we underestimate the power of social media, I'm sure word about everyone moaning for EMI gets to him as well 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

In all honesty journalists are all nob-heads and deserve to be belittled, berated and despised at every opportunity. People that couldn't find a proper job that benefits society and decided to make it worse instead. Either out of anger, spite or sheer ignorance. So power to Gerrard for telling those **** off as often as possible. 🥰

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, daft said:

In all honesty journalists are all nob-heads and deserve to be belittled, berated and despised at every opportunity. People that couldn't find a proper job that benefits society and decided to make it worse instead. Either out of anger, spite or sheer ignorance. So power to Gerrard for telling those **** off as often as possible. 🥰

Yeah I think SG knows exact what's going on when he's asked certain questions to be fair.

Thing is, people will take it how they will based on their pre existing view on certain situations.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I think SG knows exact what's going on when he's asked certain questions to be fair.

Thing is, people will take it how they will based on their pre existing view on certain situations.

Yeah, I see it as him shining a light on another player as well, Buendia isn't our only mid that's fighting for a start. And these journos know that fans like Buendia. They stirring shit as well, and SG know it. The amount of lies Gerrard and other superstars have had to endure from these absolute Representatives for Wellingborough over the years is shameful.

They are vermin IMO. They lie to sell papers and clicks and have no shame. But few among them dare to actually turn the spotlight at the shade dealings going on behind the scenes, because that will limit their access. Vultures.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, daft said:

Yeah, I see it as him shining a light on another player as well, Buendia isn't our only mid that's fighting for a start. And these journos know that fans like Buendia. They stirring shit as well, and SG know it. The amount of lies Gerrard and other superstars have had to endure from these absolute Representatives for Wellingborough over the years is shameful.

They are vermin IMO. They lie to sell papers and clicks and have no shame. But few among them dare to actually turn the spotlight at the shade dealings going on behind the scenes, because that will limit their access. Vultures.

Will u stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrard trying to keep it about everyone rather than just one player.  He knows what the media are doing. I love watching Emi play and want him to start but the main thing is the 3 points.  

Same. Also, us fans always tends to want to start the 11 best individuals, which in and of itself is very subjective, with little regard to how these players actually work as cohesive team with distinct assignments and roles based on what the manager want to achieve in terms of game plan. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This is some Gareth Southgate and Mason Mount/Grealish type level of bizarre

This is it, very similar to Southgate even down to boring football

but did you seem Coutinho pressing stats will be next

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrard trying to keep it about everyone rather than just one player.  He knows what the media are doing. I love watching Emi play and want him to start but the main thing is the 3 points.  

Agreed ( Out of likes and being drip fed )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Didn't pick up anything strange at all, seemed more about not making it about one player then went on to say he is delighted with Emi and they were protecting him from a small injury after a good pre season.

15 minutes ago, jim said:

Didn't pick up anything strange at all, seemed more about not making it about one player then went on to say he is delighted with Emi and they were protecting him from a small injury after a good pre season.

You wouldn't make much of a conspiracy theorist 🤣

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed ( Out of likes and being drip fed )

He probably gets asked a lot about individual players before bringing up others. I can understand why he would do that. I don’t think it’s the right way to go about it as people won’t look beyond that point and ignore the praise he gave Buendia. 

• Like 1

I’m glad he was asked, and I don’t even think the reporter overstepped the mark in how he asked it. Gerrard went on the the defensive though I don’t think you can argue against it. I could nearly rhyme off the questions and answers from the press conferences now I have no interest in watching them. I’ve had enough of the rhetoric now it’s time to see it on the pitch 

Edited by IrishVilla10

Â