Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Didn't hear a word he said. I found myself staring at his hair instead, looking for the slightest fault. 10min on and I'm still looking..... Like something out of Westworld. 

Imagine in about a 1000 years when someone finds his coffin, lifts the lid and find some skull with a perfect hairdo. That'll be weird.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

How good is that hair, best hairline in the game!  

Being a bald guy myself I can respect a great mop of hair like that.👏🏻

To be fair, Dean Smith has a fantastic hairline, it just doesn’t attract as many Brazilians.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Martinez signed a new 5 year deal a few months ago. I don’t think a new keeper will be on the agenda. For me, Martinez is fine with his feet

Yeah but he doesn’t have the footballing ability of the likes of Ederson or Allison so some fans think we should look at replacing him. If only those keepers I’ve mentioned could make the kind of saves that Emi does, surely that is the most important attribute for a goalkeeper, especially for where we are in the league currently?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

It seems to be most important to folks at VillaTV that interviewees are "sat down."  They make a point of mentioning it every single time!

Funny thing is there is no evidence in that video that he was “sat down”. Looks to me more like he’s standing.

40 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Yeah but he doesn’t have the footballing ability of the likes of Ederson or Allison so some fans think we should look at replacing him. If only those keepers I’ve mentioned could make the kind of saves that Emi does, surely that is the most important attribute for a goalkeeper, especially for where we are in the league currently?

Mate we are nowhere near to the position of even considering trying to sign a keeper better than Emi IMO.

Those are the final piece in the jigsaw type signings you make when everything else in your side is near perfect.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate we are nowhere near to the position of even considering trying to sign a keeper better than Emi IMO.

Those are the final piece in the jigsaw type signings you make when everything else in your side is near perfect.

This every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

Just now, messi11 said:

Been Critical of Gerrard Ball last season. Will give him a fresh chance this season to impress me, no excuses this time

This time? You weren't accepting any excuses last time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

We finished 14th last season, I wouldn’t be surprised if Martinez wanted out. You are comparing him to 2 of the best keepers in the world there. He was still great last season but even he made a few mistakes, the season before, he was impeccable. Some fans want to replace him? With who? We aren’t in a position to recruit a keeper anywhere near as good as Martinez sadly. Aaron Ramsdale is great with his feet too, for me, he has been outstanding since Arsenal signed him 

Having seen his interview I was again impressed with the manner in which he talks about the club and our joint ambitions.

Also noted how pleased he appeared with some players who had come back to preseason in better shape than expected. Gerrard was always a competitor on the pitch and he clearly likes and wants that in his players. 

Im guessing he meant the likes of Watkins, Buendia and possibly Bailey who have all been open about their extra training during their holidays. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah its encouraging.  Clearly gerarrd is expecting far better than last season.  We have to be aiming top 10 this year mimimum i think

We are all expecting far better this season 

• Like 1

Listening to That Peter Crouch Podcast and he mentions a few times that when new players joined Gerrard would be driving balls at them trying to challenge him. I find it quite encouraging. He didn’t suffer fools as a player and I can’t imagine he’s any different as a manager. 

• Like 1

With all these excellent players mentioning how they want to play under Gerrard I looked up one of his many show reels.
I kinda blanked him when he was playing because he didnt play for Villa.

If you can stomach watching another teams legend I recommend this one. It just shows the range of player he was. Its impressive af. 

The scousers have just done a fan vote on the most important 120 goals in Liverpools history, it might be a bit weighted to more recent goals as that's how it goes but Gerrard had 2 in the top 3 - vs West ham in the FA Cup* and vs Milan in the CL (origi vs barca won) 

Even if the excuse is that its weighted to more recent memories it shows what them lot think of him still 

*I'd forgotten just how good that goal was, was further out than I remembered too

• Like 2

Â