Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we don't win 5-0 on the first game of the season then everyone needs to be sacked. Throw all the players into an industrial wood chipper and turn the ground into a Netto and a mosque. 

We'll always have our memories. 

If we lose first day could be a problem though 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If we lose first day could be a problem though 

Maybe

Arsenal lost to Brentford on the first game last season and did OK in the end. 

You've probably got to be looking at 15-20 games for me before a definitive judgement is made. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Maybe

Arsenal lost to Brentford on the first game last season and did OK in the end. 

You've probably got to be looking at 15-20 games for me before a definitive judgement is made. 

Doesn't that depend on results ? - he isn't going to get a grace period of 15-20 games if the results are poor.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Doesn't that depend on results ? - he isn't going to get a grace period of 15-20 games if the results are poor.

Yeah true, if we lose our first 6 games then nothing will save him! Probably the same for most managers in the league. 

I was talking more broadly if results were steady and unspectacular. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah true, if we lose our first 6 games then nothing will save him! Probably the same for most managers in the league. 

I was talking more broadly if results were steady and unspectacular. 

I think the Christmas break is huge this season as if teams are struggling will be a lot of managerial changes especially with the biggest managerial fish available in Southgate{in his head}

Actually if its down to Gerrard or Southgate its Gerrard all day long and that says a lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

If we don't win 5-0 on the first game of the season then everyone needs to be sacked. Throw all the players into an industrial wood chipper and turn the ground into a Netto and a mosque. 

We'll always have our memories. 

I thought better of you, mate, this post is absolutely ludicrous - Netto shut down years ago.

14 hours ago, Mic09 said:

He just finished working at the most elite club you can imagine.

He is as elite as they come. 

He's a good manager and probably out of our league, but elite as they come? Really?

image.png.c6d66694a6955ed7d94adf55f78676b8.png

That doesn't compare to Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Zidane, Mourinho and many more current managers.

As for PSG, they have to win a champions league or two before they can be spoken about in the same breath as any of the top European clubs.

Regardless, I hope Gerrard does a great job this season so we wont even be having these discussions about other managers! I'm certainly excited (and a bit apprehensive) to see what our team looks like come the start of the season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

See that’s something I would massively disagree with. I think he would have to get top 6 and a trophy, possibly even top 4 to even be in the conversation with the Liverpool hierarchy.

Assuming that Liverpool carry on at their current level for the remainder of Klopp’s tenure, they will have the pick of top coaches/managers so I don’t think they would just make the romantic choice for the sake of it. Of course that is just my opinion.

I’m on the other side of this. It’s fine lines between managers at this level and I’d be pretty sure that if Liverpool think he’s done a good job (not a great job) at Villa they’d think “maybe he can do a great job with the resources here.” However I think with Klopp’s extension this is irrelevant as I imagine Gerrard will have at least one other job, maybe two, before Klopp leaves Liverpool (certainly average managerial tenures suggest that).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I thought better of you, mate, this post is absolutely ludicrous - Netto shut down years ago.

Perfect time to bring it back :) 

On 01/07/2022 at 15:05, Woody1000 said:

I think he would have to get top 6 and a trophy, possibly even top 4 to even be in the conversation with the Liverpool hierarchy.

Disagree.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s so likeable and straightforward. Only missing the consistent results and performances which is obviously the important thing, but we’ve good reason to be hopeful for the season ahead

How good is that hair, best hairline in the game!  

Being a bald guy myself I can respect a great mop of hair like that.👏🏻

• Haha 1

Â