Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

Are we really factoring in Gerrard winning the league for us ?

On what planet is that happening !!!?

No, but........

The same Planet Ron Saunders was from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

They might give him a season while they are rebuilding like Chelsea did with Lampard.

Yep OGS got the Man U job despitr not doing much at Cardiff.

IMO Gerrard can be pretty average at villa and still get the Liverpool Job.

The big clubs with massive spending power and a solid infrastructure and solid revenue streams - can have a poor season - but quickly recover from it 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

The big clubs with massive spending power and a solid infrastructure and solid revenue streams - can have a poor season - but quickly recover from it 

I don't see that happening.

also worth remembering, Liverpool didn't treat SG that well, before he left and went to Galaxy, in fact Rio did a piece on it , on you tube...and it was covered in his book. That might not affect him as much as his family.

I also think Alex his wife, was a big influence on him coming to Villa.

We have to factor in, many footballing personnel,over the years,  coming to Villa, actually fell in love with the place after spending time with us.....not saying he will, but he could develop a strong affection for us.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've just realised that all 6 signings we've made under Gerrard all have Champions League experience. 

its like the old adage.....dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

Pool are run MUCH better than Man U have to be fair mate. I personally can't see it at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't see that happening.

also worth remembering, Liverpool didn't treat SG that well, before he left and went to Galaxy, in fact Rio did a piece on it , on you tube...and it was covered in his book. That might not affect him as much as his family.

I also think Alex his wife, was a big influence on him coming to Villa.

We have to factor in, many footballing personnel,over the years,  coming to Villa, actually fell in love with the place after spending time with us.....not saying he will, but he could develop a strong affection for us.

The liverpool homecoming and associated media coverage  for Stevie G will be something they can't resist. - You know what they are like. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The liverpool homecoming and associated media coverage  for Stevie G will be something they can't resist. - You know what they are like. 

I do know what they are like, but thats not all his fault......Adulation is created by the circus, not the act.

I still think, plenty of stars have to be aligned, for that to happen.

SG is just a fan, of Liverpool now, just like Jack is a fan of Aston Villa, like Marc Albrighton.

don't read too much in to it, Pete.

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do know what they are like, but thats not all his fault......Adulation is created by the circus, not the act.

I still think, plenty of stars have to be aligned, for that to happen.

SG is just a fan, of Liverpool now, just like Jack is a fan of Aston Villa, like Marc Albrighton.

don't read too much in to it, Pete.

Not saying it's his fault.

Disagree on Jack comparison.

Few above half way finishes with villa will put him in the frame for the Liverpool job.

Although I suspect he will return in a minor role and be promoted from within.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Few above half way finishes with villa will put him in the frame for the Liverpool job.

See that’s something I would massively disagree with. I think he would have to get top 6 and a trophy, possibly even top 4 to even be in the conversation with the Liverpool hierarchy.

Assuming that Liverpool carry on at their current level for the remainder of Klopp’s tenure, they will have the pick of top coaches/managers so I don’t think they would just make the romantic choice for the sake of it. Of course that is just my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Not saying it's his fault.

Disagree on Jack comparison.

Although I suspect he will return in a minor role and be promoted from within.

Only if he ****s up with us.

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Why have you liked this @hippo? Do you hope that he messes up with us?

Well we don't have long to wait - hes got a couple of decent players in - and has 4  weeks to make this team his own.  

9 hours ago, spiezels said:

You think we could get Poch, have a day off mate. 😂😂😂🫡

Why not? We have Coutinho, Digne, Bailey, Ings etc. 

Poch is unemployed and isnt an elite manager that we couldnt attract him

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Why not? We have Coutinho, Digne, Bailey, Ings etc. 

Poch is unemployed and isnt an elite manager that we couldnt attract him

He just finished working at the most elite club you can imagine.

He is as elite as they come. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hippo said:

Well we don't have long to wait - hes got a couple of decent players in - and has 4  weeks to make this team his own.  

August 6th: Judgement Day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, jim said:

August 6th: Judgement Day!

If we don't win 5-0 on the first game of the season then everyone needs to be sacked. Throw all the players into an industrial wood chipper and turn the ground into a Netto and a mosque. 

We'll always have our memories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â