Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's pretty obvious the players are not good enough and aren't listening to the manager.

He said it or alluded to it in his first few interviews, players need to learn and listen. Some haven't listened behind closed-doors and now he's picking them up on it, hence we know a few will be out in the summer.

Wonder if he's told McGinn to stop wasting good situations with his aimless floating balls, and if he has, he hasn't listened, yet he continues to play. And if he hasn't told him...well...

I'm being very specific but you know what I'm getting at. I'm not sure what he's telling them are genius solutions.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Genuinely wonder how many he could lose and keep his job.

You can't lose 6/7/8 games in a row and expect to be allowed to stay and spend hundreds of millions.

We've got some easier games coming up so I would think some points would come from somewhere...

This is true.

Gerrard and the club know the season is over. Everybody within the club and even the fans now, just want this season to be over. 

But. It isn’t. And it’s getting more embarrassing by the week. I’m sure Purslow is sweating more than most because he knows he has a horrible decision to make if we don’t start at least drawing games. 

As you rightly say, no manager can be allowed to lose 5/6/7 games in a row without serious scrutiny. Especially one with a such an expensively assembled squad.

I want Gerrard to succeed but the club is going to be in a massively awkward position if we don’t start improving.

• Like 1

Looking at the league table again I question why we jumped at the chance to get Gerrard.

Compared to Smith, he's had a match fit Buendia, the opportunity to play Ings more and was able to sign two top class players in January. 

And there's basically no improvement. 

I seriously hope he does something amazing in the window this summer and shoots us into that top half. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If everything Smith had done didn't earn the right to try and turn things around after 5 losses, I'm not sure what Gerrards history of achievements is that means he doesn't get questioned about it.

I agree. The only difference is Gerrard being fairly new to the job still. That might be his get out of jail card.

I wonder how much the Coutinho situation affects Gerrards position..

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is true.

Gerrard and the club know the season is over. Everybody within the club and even the fans now, just want this season to be over. 

But. It isn’t. And it’s getting more embarrassing by the week. I’m sure Purslow is sweating more than most because he knows he has a horrible decision to make if we don’t start at least drawing games. 

As you rightly say, no manager can be allowed to lose 5/6/7 games in a row without serious scrutiny. Especially one with a such an expensively assembled squad.

I want Gerrard to succeed but the club is going to be in a massively awkward position if we don’t start improving.

That’s part of the problem, isn’t it. Mentally the players downed tools in feb, which was way too early. But Gerrard did too to a degree. I think they all thought theyd coast along mid table until the end of the season and Gerrard could go spending. The failure to value this last third of the season (collectively not just SG) means we have become a bit of a laughing stock and we might have to reassess all our summer plans (which might not be the worst thing if we are forced into spending smarter not just big and we maybe lower our expectations and next season is a slow burn).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But the one he did win was impressive one 

Which Neil Lennon and Ronny Deila have won recently. No matter the circumstances of the past, one trophy for a team like Rangers isnt great form over 3 years.

St Johnstone won more silverware on Scotland than Rangers in his time there. Would be uproar if that manager came in 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

But the one he did win was impressive one 

Rangers fans and Celtic fans think it was a massive achievement, but we do not...

We should probs pass on the message of how poor his achievements were in reality, to them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Rangers fans and Celtic fans think it was a massive achievement, but we do not...

We should probs pass on the message of how poor his achievements were in reality, to them.

Its an ok achievement in a  2 horse league, one is happy they won and the other calls it massive as if to indicate the league they won under Neil Lennon was important.

Its hardly Claudio Ranieri winning the Premier League in terms of achievement. If he had of won the league in his first season or a treble which in Scotland isnt the greatest achievement then it would be called a good run

• Like 1

Â