Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

59 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I missed this, what did he say?

“It’s on me and it’s down to me to fix it.”

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Of course and we are aware we need better players but he should shut up and get on with it until summer 

No he shouldn't, he's trying to get a response out of them.

Yeah we need better players, we all agree. Hooray!

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So you’d stick with the squad we have then? 

If its the players or Gerrard I would stick with the players 

If a competent manager came in and decided we need a rebuild I would listen 

• Like 4

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No he shouldn't, he's trying to get a response out of them.

Yeah we need better players, we all agree. Hooray!

Thats what the dressing room is for. Doing it in public is a face saving exercise as the fans will believe they arent listening to the manager 

First rule of management in England 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's hope this additional week, uninterrupted ( No Internationals etc ) and the squad actually being together .

Will be beneficial for us in terms of sorting ourselves out and getting lads back to full fitness etc 

I don't expect to see much change until next season.....

I don't think breaks and fitness returns will make much difference, for this season.....maybe some form improvements may aid us, but I am not holding my breath.

I think we just need to try and hang on in there, the best we can.

• Like 3

I’m not his biggest fan at all and I am really not impressed so far but short of losing every game left this season he should be in charge next season, get a few of his own players in and be given a chance. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats what the dressing room is for. Doing it in public is a face saving exercise as the fans will believe they arent listening to the manager 

First rule of management in England 

It's pretty obvious the players are not good enough and aren't listening to the manager.

He said it or alluded to it in his first few interviews, players need to learn and listen. Some haven't listened behind closed-doors and now he's picking them up on it, hence we know a few will be out in the summer.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some of the reactions on here are laughable. With fans this fickle, we're pretty much un-manageable.

Some are fickle but this whole site is built on opinions, of players and managers. 

I don't know what qualities the "happy clappers" have seen in Gerrard but I have struggled to see any tbh. Not one player has improved and most have regressed. Yes I'm a "naysayer" but from my angle it's built on reality while the happy clappers cling to nothing but hope. 

The areas been highlighted as weaknesses are no weaker than last season but our overall results are shitter with a stronger squad, it don't take Sherlock Homes to work out what's wrong. 

I hope my opinions are wrong and Gerrard shoves em right up my arse but unfortunately, for all of us,  I don't think it's going to work out for him or us.

Poor appointment. Lose against Leicester and Norwich and he should go. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No.

It's about 2m for every PL placing you finish higher up too and Gerrard and spunked a load of dough let a LB go for nothing and now Newcastle will finish above us.

He's borderline arrogant borderline completely and utterly clueless. I'm not sure which.

Spent 400 million only to be behind Brighton, Wolves, Palace, Newcastle and Brentford in the table. Yet Villa Talk blame the players....... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

Some are fickle but this whole site is built on opinions, of players and managers. 

I don't know what qualities the "happy clappers" have seen in Gerrard but I have struggled to see any tbh. Not one player has improved and most have regressed. Yes I'm a "naysayer" but from my angle it's built on reality while the happy clappers cling to nothing but hope. 

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”   

- Andy Dufresne, 'Shawshank Redemption'.

Seriously though, i'm no 'happy clapper', i'm just prepared to give the manager a summer window and pre-season. The very least any manager deserves. Without that we turn into a word removed club like Watford. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”   

- Andy Dufresne, 'Shawshank Redemption'.

Seriously though, i'm no 'happy clapper', i'm just prepared to give the manager a summer window and pre-season. The very least any manager deserves. Without that we turn into a word removed club like Watford. 

While that is admirable we should not be keeping a manager on just so we dont look like bad guys

If we stick with this manager we could easily be in a relegation battle next season while building a squad for a system that will need to be ripped up by a replacement 

• Thanks 1

Seems perfectly reasonable to have questions about him, we are 15th and on a bad run.

I have complete faith he will turn it around based on what I have seen from him so far but the questions about him seem fair to me.

The questions about our players are also fair, Watford doing the double over us over four combined managers is troubling to say the least.

• Like 3

Genuinely wonder how many he could lose and keep his job.

You can't lose 6/7/8 games in a row and expect to be allowed to stay and spend hundreds of millions.

We've got some easier games coming up so I would think some points would come from somewhere...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

What do you mean?.....you can't just brush it away, like yes, yes we know all that......but.

Its had a knock on affect to most of the team....left unchecked for so long, it will.

I have seen it before in the past, where clear holes have not been adequately filled and it has a knock on effect, to the point the whole team looks, poor and results follow.

ok accepted cdm is a big hole, but you say holes rather than a hole.  is there anywhere other than cdm that we are short in your opinion and I accept current form would point to a few holes, but I think that is largely due to the way we're trying to play.

Edited by tezzaleed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Gerrard got Nakamba playing like a baller who then got injured and I think that’s forgotten…. Is it Gerrard’s fault Ings/Watkins can’t play together? Injuries to Traore, Bailey, Trezequet, and then El Ghazi lack of form and people complain of lack of width… He’s played Carney, JPB, Iroegbunam and kept faith in Ramsey and had O’Reily in the match day squad - yet apparent Gerrard doesn’t like playing youth 🤔

Is it Gerrard's fault that Ings and Watkins can't play together? Well no, but he's the one who keeps playing them together?

We've had wingers fit for weeks now and he doesn't use them, and when he's played Bailey he's not used him as a winger. So not really sure what your arguments are there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He does but I never quite believe he means it.

Very true. IMO he's quite insecure about his managerial ability deep down, it's glaringly obvious in interviews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â