Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Brilliant. Makes something up to get a reaction. Gets the reaction. Then this. 

Never change  

I'm very excited for the new era. I'm looking forward to some positivity towards the club and manager. 

I'm excited too and he has my full backing. If our performances drop off a cliff and we fall into the relegation places, he will get the all due negativity like Smith did when he was struggling to get a performance out the team.

It's how it works unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

After a truely unique period in our history, everything just feels like a massive hangover after the night before right now.

I can't really warn too Gerrard as a person, so let's hope he gets performances on the pitch to make up for it. 

Dean was almost too lovely so I’m pleased we seem to have a bit of a ba****d now. I think he’ll be tough with the players but have their backs and he won’t pull punches talking about poor decisions that have gone against us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

After a truely unique period in our history, everything just feels like a massive hangover after the night before right now.

I can't really warn too Gerrard as a person, so let's hope he gets performances on the pitch to make up for it. 

He’s not going to move in with you. I don’t see why suddenly being a lovely bloke is such a huge thing. Top managers are rarely warm and cuddly. The best manager we’ve had in my lifetime was Ron Saunders, he was about as cuddly as a Rottweiler with a migraine. And that was on a good day!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I knew Saunders was which was the initial point of my post. Didn’t know big Ron was from that way on. Anyway let’s hope Gerrard can continue the previous trend of Merseyside’s bringing silverware and exciting football to villa park. 

According to his wiki, Big Ron was born in Liverpool but moved to Shard End shortly after.

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

sorry, for being rude, not intentionally, but was you around, when Ron Saunders was manager?

He wasn't particularly a "warming to" kind a manager.....but in those days we won games a bit more regular than we do right now....so his personality took a back seat.

Oh SG will get performances alright.....you just need to get yourself primed for it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, momo said:

Overpaying for an inexperienced manager in the hope that he will do good, is a very rich, but still small club mentality. A big club would have hired the right manager. I believe Smith is hundred times the manager this guy is. I don't like what's happened, and that's my opinion. I don't give a shit about what any of you think about my opinion.

Were you prepared to give Smith a chance when he replaced Bruce?  Bruce had numerous promotions to his name and a couple of 10th place finishes in the Premier League with Sunderland and Blues. Versus Dean Smith who'd never got anybody promoted and whose best league season was 9th in the Championship.

• Like 4

Will reserve judgement but feel underwhelmed. We always seem to go cheap on managers.

One thing I think he will do is let certain players who have had too much influence and not produced, a quiet word to let them know that he will be in charge.

Just had a feeling a couple players were getting too big for their football boots.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s not going to move in with you. I don’t see why suddenly being a lovely bloke is such a huge thing. Top managers are rarely warm and cuddly. The best manager we’ve had in my lifetime was Ron Saunders, he was about as cuddly as a Rottweiler with a migraine. And that was on a good day!

This is beginning to make me laugh so much.....its like a soldier saying sir,sir, can I go with that squad, the sargeant is such a lovely man.....er try one that keeps you alive son, is my advice.

no wonder we are where we are.....its all coming out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, momo said:

Overpaying for an inexperienced manager in the hope that he will do good, is a very rich, but still small club mentality. A big club would have hired the right manager. I believe Smith is hundred times the manager this guy is. I don't like what's happened, and that's my opinion. I don't give a shit about what any of you think about my opinion.

Well I don’t give a shit that you don’t give a shit that I don’t give a shit about your opinion………I guess that means……your full of shit.

I did check my email and social media repeatedly in the last week, and I'm a little shocked I wasn't consulted on this appointment ... but .... but ... but ... well, OOOOOOOOOOOKay.

Gerrard wouldn't have been my first choice, but at the risk of piling on the cliches, my heart says "he has my full backing" and UTV and all that.

Meanwhile, my head feels anxious.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â