Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

15 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I have never once cared about what a manager has to say in an interview. It's just PR crap that may or may not be their true opinions on the matter.

I guess you could expand that to......don't believe anything you hear from the TV or read from a news paper.

• Like 1

How many points have we gained from a losing position in second half? 

Leeds for example doesn't count as we were 3 1 up in the game and  2 up at halftime. I can remember United we were 2 down and got a draw. That's all I can remember in terms of 2nd half points gained from losing positions. 

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

How many points have we gained from a losing position in second half? 

Leeds for example doesn't count as we were 3 1 up in the game and  2 up at halftime. I can remember United we were 2 down and got a draw. That's all I can remember in terms of 2nd half points gained from losing positions. 

All season yes that and the Chelsea cup is the only time in the 2nd half we were down and got a result 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know for a good cause but this doesn’t sit right with me at all.  I don’t know whether I’m a bad person for thinking/feeling that or whether that’s ok.

I’ve got to be honest Nick, I feel the same and I would say I’m more pro-Gerrard than a lot of posters on here.

I’ve got no issue with him playing in the game itself, but I think he should be turning down doing videos like this. I feel like it undermines us as a club.

Would Pep do a video like that if he was playing in a charity game for Barca? I appreciate he is a little older, but I feel the point stands and the answer would be no imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know for a good cause but this doesn’t sit right with me at all.  I don’t know whether I’m a bad person for thinking/feeling that or whether that’s ok.

Houllier moment if/when things start to go bad? Bet it will resurface then.

It's a nothing thing really but having a Aston Villa employee, the manager even in kit from a "rivaling" team is a bad look.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Personally it doesn't bother me because he is so obviously Liverpool through and through, he's never going to even pretend to be anything else 

I expect him to be professional about it when we play them but other than that he can do what he wants, to be fair to him I do like it when I see stuff on his insta of his lad in the garden in a Villa kit

Terry was the same with Chelsea 

I understand what you mean and playing the game I don’t have an issue with but I think videos like these I don’t think is a good idea.  

It doesn’t really play towards me or Villa fans having positivity towards him after two recent defeats and the next week he’s popping up in a Liverpool gear, smiley about the Liverpool facilities in a promo vid.  

Obviously we know his connection to Liverpool, it’s just touching a nerve a little too closely.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I understand what you mean and playing the game I don’t have an issue with but I think videos like these I don’t think is a good idea.  

It doesn’t really play towards me or Villa fans having positivity towards him after two recent defeats and the next week he’s popping up in a Liverpool gear, smiley about the Liverpool facilities in a promo vid.  

Obviously we know his connection to Liverpool, it’s just touching a nerve a little too closely.

Wait until grealish is Liverpool manager... 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Purslows wet dream :P 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wait until grealish is Liverpool manager... 

and plays for the Man City legends because he feels he’s too good for Villa legends 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

It's gonna be absolutely adorable the next time he acts annoyed about being asked questions about Liverpool. If you want those inevitable questions to stop then don't dress up in Liverpool gear as Villa manager.

Everyone knows you love Liverpool, and that's fine. Jut be smart about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Have to say I feel the same, what puts it over for me is the Liverplop yersey, if he wasn’t wearing that would have probably given him a pass.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Have to say I feel the same, what puts it over for me is the Liverplop yersey, if he wasn’t wearing that would have probably given him a pass.

He’s there training for a charity game tomorrow why would he not be in their clobber?

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He’s there training for a charity game tomorrow why would he not be in their clobber?

Because he’s the manager of Aston Villa. He could have taken it off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Because he’s the manager of Aston Villa. He could have taken it off.

Come on... 

He's knocking round melwood as part of a charity event, he's there to play for Liverpool legends, in Liverpool gear, a TV crew pulls up and says give us a few words stevie and you want him to say hang a minute lads just let me cover up the Liverpool tracksuit I'm in so that villa fans aren't offended? 

Nonsense, means nothing 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â