Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

That was a concerning performance from the manager. Game was so open and nothing was done to address it.

The late AEG sub for Buendia made no good sense at all. We were on top, we needed to shore up midfield to prevent their attacking threat and give us more control in the final third. 

Possibly bringing on Sanson for Ings, perhaps, and pushing McGinn slightly forward.

Didn't think he did anything to try to control the game.

Gerrard's a big name and has some pull with potential signing. He's said all the right things thus far but that performance has me worried that the step up from the SPL to the Prem might be bigger than he expected. He and his coaching team might be found wanting.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

We certainly dominate games more under him, I just wish we were more clinical as it seems we need 10000 chances to get a goal in these days which is frustrating. Even more frustrating when chasing a game.

I don't think we do. 

We push on after conceeding daft goals and are chasing games.

Best game under Stevie G was Leicester. The only time we looked like scoring more goals after going ahead.

Four defeats from the last five, truth be told will probably be five from six after the weekend, signing a bunch of old timers on massive wages, hardly giving the youngsters a chance. I feel like having an outer body experience : (

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

How about winning a game sometime in the future Steven?

That's  a possibility?

Sick and tired of losing most weeks. 

He hasn't got the players !!! - these aren't prem players they are rubbish.😆

Looking forward to seeing us play in the second half of the season with new recruits. So many positive sights, getting Coutinho, Digne and a defensive midfielder and we’ll finish top eight. No doubt in my mind

1 minute ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Well the work definitely starts here after the new manager bounce we had its been a very concerning few weeks. He's probably realising just how much work is to be done.

I’m really struggling to see how anyone could find the last few weeks ‘very concerning’. We had a bad result against Brentford, the only really bad result in terms of pre match expectations since Gerrard took over. Losing to Chelsea and United in the manner we did shouldn’t be cause for concern

1 minute ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Well the work definitely starts here after the new manager bounce we had its been a very concerning few weeks. He's probably realising just how much work is to be done.

Can’t agree with this. We’ve been monumentally unlucky tonight and we were by miles and miles the better team against Brentford for 75 mins. 

on another day we’d be winning the last two games and on a high. 

results will come, signings for fine tuning will help. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely don't care that much about this season. 

I'm already very excited for next year 

You will care if we keep losing football games. 

I'm by no means feeling safe from relegation just yet. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

More than one unfortunately.

Yep. Another plum added to the ignore list this evening. 

Posted in transfer thread, but for those that question why he is buying Coutinho and Digne, the simple answer is because he/we need winners.

We should have won that game, winners do, mentally we cannot, but I think Gerrard will find and create winners.

1 minute ago, mole86 said:

I’m really struggling to see how anyone could find the last few weeks ‘very concerning’. We had a bad result against Brentford, the only really bad result in terms of pre match expectations since Gerrard took over. Losing to Chelsea and United in the manner we did shouldn’t be cause for concern

Yep. If we'd rolled over tonight then I'd be pretty concerned too, but we didn't. We massively improved on the Brentford game (in which we were poor) and had a fair goal ruled out.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely don't care that much about this season. 

I'm already very excited for next year 

This is where I’m at.

I can’t wait to see what Gerrard and his team can do with a pre season under their belt. 

We have some very good players at the club and if we can add 2/3 quality players before then, we’ll be finishing inside the top 8.

I think the future is bright. 

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who do you want in charge / what are you expecting mate?

Well not a rookie with 3 seasons in the Scottish League.

It seems ridiculous we have cash to burn - but it's in the hands of a relative novice.

I have no belief that, as of this moment, Gerrard knows or believes we can get results against the big teams. For all of Smith's problems I always thought there was a chance we could win any game (except against Man City obviously) He needs to find a way to make our play more expansive.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â