Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the shots conceded thing is actually super super huge imo, conceding 6 shots versus a very good Brighton side is a real positive, consider the following PL games and shots conceded:

versus W.Ham - 21, Arsenal - 22, Wolves - 14, Spurs - 17, Manure - 28, Everton - 11, Chelsea - 12, Brentford - 9, Newcastle - 9, Watford - 13.

We conceded 6 shots today versus Brighton, the least we have conceded in any PL game this season by a fair margin, tbh, i think thats huge.

Whether thats down to the coaches, the players, or both, regardless, its a really impressive stat for our first game under Gerrard.

Been banging on the shot against stat for a long time but people have not been wanting to hear it. 

Good first signs seeing it improving. 

They had a 0.3 expected goals. That the lowest we have conceded all season I think. Quite a turn around in such a short space of time. Until we can sort out the midfield it’s always going to be better to keep it tight and try to nick wins. Great start. Well done Stevie G. Impact!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm happy we won, but let's be honest...  There isn't much you can do as a coach in 6 days other than give them a boost to morale. Calling Gerrard a genius or making his tactics/substitutions out to be masterstrokes is a bit farfetched.  We looked like a team playing under a new manager today and it will take Gerrard several months to put his stamp on the squad.  It's going to be interesting to see he changes the system around over the rest of the season.  

We started strong in the first 15 mins, but then looked a lot like we've played lately, deflated and low on confidence.  Fair play to Gerrard for making the right subs in the 2nd half and the players looked like the weight of the world was lifted off of them after our first goal.  Played some of the best footy of the year after that.  I'm happy we won and I hope we continue to bring that confidence into the Palace match next weekend.  

I don't think anybody is seriously calling him a genius based on one win. But he clearly is a breath of fresh air and his tactics today were spot on.

• Like 1

We looked a lot better in defence. We had good shape and structure. 
Made substitutions that had a positive affect on the result. 
Was it perfect, no, but it was an improvement from where we have been. 
Gerrard deserves praise for that and can’t wait to see how much more he can get from the team in the future. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jim said:

Yep, great honest interview.

Thoroughly enjoyed that interview I did thanks for posting it.

Gerrard a very nice bloke to listen to but what I do like how he praises the players.

He just seems to tell it cool.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â