Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Zatman said:

That is true but it helps Brighton are shit in attack 

Back 6 were good, after that wasnt great

Yeah I think Gerrard mentioned that he likes a strong and organised team and from that he can build, so being hard to beat is something that has been seriously lacking under Smith, teams would just waltz through us

Great start! We were a mess when he walked through the door and he’s managed a good win and a clean sheet to boot.

Still work to be done but you can see what he is trying to do and we looked better than we have for a good while.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Great start! We were a mess when he walked through the door and he’s managed a good win and a clean sheet to boot.

Still work to be done but you can see what he is trying to do and we looked better than we have for a good while.

No we weren’t.

Its a good start and long may it continue.

• Like 3

we looked more organised and motivated, but still fairly toothless and poor in possession until the subs and the goal then with a bit of confidence we looked a different team.

for all the w*nking over Brighton's possession by the commentary all the did was try and bore us to death.

That is very impressive I must say for Gerrard and his team to come in and grab a win on there first game.

Not only the win that was impressive but you could see what hes had our lads working on, especially the pack hunting in two's and three's from the front 3. I am impressed by how beautiful defensively we looked like a team that is very tough to break down again. The passing was much better and so to was the holding of the ball but work still needs doing.

Bless him as well he was overwhelmed to the moon and beyond with the win. Gerrard was like that young youth who'd be loving scoring for his Liverpool team, you could see all the glory and just Plain and utter love in him that the work he and his team have implemented had paid off.

All in all Stevie G I think you and your team did a grand job today and to the players, they all did a wonderful job because with you all, Gerrards plan could take shape and be implemented.

I mean we were mostly poor for a large portion of that game but still a great win and strong base to build on. The defence looked strong today and Martinez back to normal with a couple big first half saves. McGinn excellent in the midfield also. 

Going forward still a bit dodgy, how he fixes Buendia god knows because right now he looks a mess but hopefully that comes with time and implementing his system properly. 

He's a huge pashun merchant Stevie which should go down a treat with a lot of Villa fans. 

• Like 1

Great finish to the game that I'm sure will bring confidence going forward. The subs worked a treat.

The game as a whole was more of the same we've been seeing this season but with a bit more intensity early on which was always going to happen since he's only had 1 training with them and could not possibly had time to change anything. 

Onwards and upwards, could not really have asked for more than this. Great start.

• Like 1

Wouldn't really have cared if we'd lost, it's his first game, any judgements at this point would be silly (unless he benched Martinez or something.) Actually winning is a bonus and will hopefully do great things for our confidence and spur on the transformative process.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â