Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't doubt this to be the case.

i just call BS to the whole 'list of 20 candidates' rubbish

I think it is more PR than actually incorrect. I think Purslow is shrewd enough to have the correct paper trail to cover himself for all eventualities. I would be very surprised if there wan't a list with 20 names on it and I suspect Lange has the paper trail to show this was reduced to 4 and I also expect that we contacted the agents of the 4 candidates and spoke to each of them. The interviews may have just been a 30 min Zoom call and yes, they were probably never really in with a chance of getting the job.

53 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yes there is you lazy non googling posting dickhead...

Clearly a Purslow signing this, he looks chuffed. Just look at the difference on Lange compared to when we made previous signings .

This guy is something else -Johan Lange, how he managed to keep things  tight lipped is amazing. We are on the up! UTV : r/avfc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly, i think Ings, Buendia & Watkins will be Gerrard type players if they put the effort in (ie: super high work rate and talented to boot), will be interesting to see how he see's Bailey, who seems a bit more of a low workrate/high talent player.

I think Sanson would also be right up Gerrard's street, if he can ever get fit.

Will also be interesting to see how he uses McGinn, it will also be interesting to see how he plans to use Ramsey and the other youth players.

I think its gutting that he wont have Luiz tomorrow, we really need a DM.

• Like 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

So with Nakamba, Luiz and Sanson out Gerrard will have to start Chuk or Tim or shudder play Young in midfield....

He will start Chuk I reckon and play Young at left back 

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I thought “that’s a bit harsh mate”, then saw you were replying to yourself 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah I was convinced he was talking to me. My legal representative said I can’t sue because it was all factually correct. 

To add my bit about training timings etc 

In my view, it's not even so much about the actual " time ".

It's about discipline and structure, prioritisation, doing your " job " above all else.

Either fall in line with the structure, or seek a profession as a professional gamer etc, instead of professional footballer.

I get the arguments about " games being later anyway " but that's not the whole point IMO.

If they start earlier, they can play videogames all afternoon to their hearts content.

Let's be honest too, our bodies are designed to get optimal rest, as per the circadian rhythm. I would imagine that for athletes, this is doubly important for peak repair, rehab and performance.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To add my bit about training timings etc 

In my view, it's not even souch about the actual " time ".

It's about discipline and structure, prioritisation, doing your " job " above all else.

I get the arguments about " games being later anyway " but that's not the whole point IMO.

If they start earlier, they can play videogames all afternoon to their hearts content.

Let's be honest too, our bodies are designed to get optimal rest, as per the circadian rhythm. I would imagine that for athletes, this is doubly important for peak repair, rehab and performance.

So if training time and match times were consistent with each other that’s better.  Aren’t you arguing then for later training times surely?  If training is early and match times are late then you are screwing with the body clock rhythm.

Edited by nick76

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â