Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

So, in his presser he said that he wants to be "judged in the now". And yet he is still here. 

Am I the only one starting to take a dislike to Gerrard and the element of incompetence he is giving off? I thought the situation was clouding my judgement of him but I'm actually starting to dislike listening to him. In a very similar way to Sherwood at the death. 

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Out of the relegation zone on goal difference. What a great 12 months of progress there Stevie!

How much longer will the club wait until they decide he is not up to the job?! 

Something he said often last season when defending himself in interviews was “ you have to remember when I took over this club was 16th”  what a 🤡.

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Something he said often last season when defending himself in interviews was “ you have to remember when I took over this club was 16th”  what a 🤡.

I think he actually said something similar last week :D  

Only out of the relegation zone on goal difference. 

We’ve had a relatively ‘soft’ start to the season too, having played against most of the bottom half of the division. 7 of the 10 teams we’ve faced so far are  currently 10th or lower in the table. 

Edited by The_Rev

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Only out of the relegation zone on goal difference. 

We’ve had a relatively ‘soft’ start to the season too, having played against most of the bottom half of the division. 7 of the 10 teams we’ve faced so far are  currently 10th or lower in the table. 

Grim. I honestly don’t see how he’d still be in a job Friday morning if we don’t win.

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

“My first remit was getting away from the relegation places”

People bought that too. He was covering ass. Same people were adamant we were in relegation trouble last year, but the funny thing is it took a 5 game losing run to get to the level we're at now, which means we've just consistently been that shit. 

just outside the bottom 3, if he's  not gone after anything other than two wins in the next 2, then I'm done with this season, this board and the dream we were sold , to make me feel disconnected like this from Villa is quite impressive. I just want to like us again, 

I'm sure many feel the same. 

• Like 2

Just now, Villarcana said:

just outside the bottom 3, if he's  not gone after anything other than two wins in the next 2, then I'm done with this season, this board and the dream we were sold , to make me feel disconnected like this from Villa is quite impressive. I just want to like us again, 

I'm sure many feel the same. 

ps Play Archer you knob, we can't score

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s not who he plays, it’s how he plays them.  Messi and Haaland would be terrible in Gerrards team.

obviously because they wouldnt be good enough to play Gerrardball :P 

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm now under the impression that Gerrard is going nowhere soon. The lack of real stories about approaching managers, his general attitude and him saying he feels he has their support, added to the fact Purslow has a soft spot for him and we're not in relegation zone means he stays for a few months at least.

Not until we're three or six points adrift will they consider his position I reckon. The general crowd are still a few games away from that yet (only pockets of boos) and the World Cup is coming. 

Depressing.

If we lose the next 2 he will have to go. Otherwise I will have to question the sanity of our owners.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

He's had his chances imo.

He has been given a talented, if somewhat unbalanced squad to work on with 2 transfer windows and significant financial backing. He had a whole pre season to impose his blueprint on the side which was not interrupted by either  covid or star player issues. 

And to be fair to him he has actually made us look even worse. For £6 million.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He has been given a talented, if somewhat unbalanced squad to work on with 2 transfer windows and significant financial backing. He had a whole pre season to impose his blueprint on the side which was not interrupted by either  covid or star player issues. 

And to be fair to him he has actually made us look even worse. For £6 million.

Yeah, it's really pretty impressive almost tbf.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â