Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So his "assistant" is probably getting the wolves job after leaving us. Gerrard stays to no doubt take us down.

You couldn't make it up.....I guess my rangers season ticket holder mate was right when he said if Beale didn't come to Villa, that Gerrrard would fail.

I weren’t that impressed last season when Beale was here. In my view there were justification to sack Gerrard in the summer, for lack of progress. But it seems like this season the performances have dropped to a new low.

I guess Beale weren’t in charge and had to do the best out of formations and team selections Gerrard gave him.

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That's all well and good Stevie but you need more than trust and confidence to win football matches.

How about coaching, strategy and tactics?

Just need a moment of magic, none of that other stuff

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

From BBC:

Gerrard on Philippe Coutinho: "We signed Phil, you could see from afar he wasn't happy at Barcelona. The age he's at and the talent he's got, I have full confidence in him. The stats suggest he's not at his best, but we will give him every bit of support he needs.

"He's pushing and trying. Like the team, he might just need some luck. But you don't lose talent and class. He blew the roof off Villa Park [when he arrived]. It is still there, my opinion on him won't change ever."

So basically admitting that he's fixed on some ideas and some players are guaranteed support. Doesn't look like his mate will need to 'look him in the eye' does it?!

Just leave already.

This is how Gerrard fans behave as well. These are actions of the closed-minded. Sad.

Decent book called The Idiot Brain they should all look into reading.

29 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

From BBC:

Gerrard on Philippe Coutinho: "We signed Phil, you could see from afar he wasn't happy at Barcelona. The age he's at and the talent he's got, I have full confidence in him. The stats suggest he's not at his best, but we will give him every bit of support he needs.

"He's pushing and trying. Like the team, he might just need some luck. But you don't lose talent and class. He blew the roof off Villa Park [when he arrived]. It is still there, my opinion on him won't change ever."

So basically admitting that he's fixed on some ideas and some players are guaranteed support. Doesn't look like his mate will need to 'look him in the eye' does it?!

Just leave already.

He didn't even need to say all of that, his actions already indicated this. This is that moments of magic mentality rearing its head again. Out of 90 minutes, there's a chance that Coutinho has 1 moment of magic in 1 of those minutes so he has to be in the team. I mean, how else are we going to score? It's kind of funny to see this mentality from a guy who made a career out of winning his team games they didn't deserve to win by lashing it in from 30 yards.

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

A day away from, "A tough away point but fully deserved. With a bit more luck, we could have taken all three."

I think you’ll find that we will win and Gerrard will get a new 5-year deal on £10m per season as a result.

After all, the expectations are so low now that beating Fulham will be the equivalent of winning the Champions League.

59 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He didn't even need to say all of that, his actions already indicated this. This is that moments of magic mentality rearing its head again. Out of 90 minutes, there's a chance that Coutinho has 1 moment of magic in 1 of those minutes so he has to be in the team. I mean, how else are we going to score? It's kind of funny to see this mentality from a guy who made a career out of winning his team games they didn't deserve to win by lashing it in from 30 yards.

Wait until January when he kicks out Buendia and Sanson and replaces them with David Blaine and David Copperfield

Archer is probably injured as he has been trying Houdini magic tricks trying to impress

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

From BBC:

Just leave already.

I want Gerrard gone but I also don't want him throwing players under the bus during prematch press conference.

Big them up in front of the press and the world and have a direct word to the player in private if necessary. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

I want Gerrard gone but I also don't want him throwing players under the bus during prematch press conference.

Big them up in front of the press and the world and have a direct word to the player in private if necessary. 

If only he was consistent in his bigging up and view on believing in every player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's like those last days of Ole at ManUnited, except we win much LESS and apparently there's much MORE of nothing to say about nothing. 

He is our Ole except he gave United great memories as a player

• Like 1

Ole at least understood playing the best players at their best positions. He didn't quite understand much else and his in-game management was horrible (see Europa league final) - but at the very least could identify that X player plays best in Y position.

Gerrard still can't figure that part out.

I just watched his 15 min presser.  

I haven’t watched one for months because I don’t feel like I gain anything from it, he’s good at them and I could write the answers he’s going to give before he even says because it’s professional sound bites.  

I thought there maybe slightly tougher questions although I wasn’t expecting any and surprise surprise they were non-offensive questions.  

If you weren’t a Villa fan and seen the results and performances over time you’d feel sorry for him because he gives off that impression.  

Obviously I know different and it’s just rubbish most of what he’s saying but I didn’t expect him to say anything different.  

Waste of 15 mins of my life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I just watched his 15 min presser.  

I haven’t watched one for months because I don’t feel like I gain anything from it, he’s good at them and I could write the answers he’s going to give before he even says because it’s professional sound bites.  

I thought there maybe slightly tougher questions although I wasn’t expecting any and surprise surprise they were non-offensive questions.  

If you weren’t a Villa fan and seen the results and performances over time you’d feel sorry for him because he gives off that impression.  

Obviously I know different and it’s just rubbish most of what he’s saying but I didn’t expect him to say anything different.  

Waste of 15 mins of my life.

I don't know what it is with the press/media these days. They just seem scared to ask 'real, put you on the spot' questions.

Maybe they are scared of getting a ban from the club, or not being backed by there management, but it's all very wishy washy stuff.

Like you i just don't bother with them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I don't know what it is with the press/media these days. They just seem scared to ask 'real, put you on the spot' questions.

Maybe they are scared of getting a ban from the club, or not being backed by there management, but it's all very wishy washy stuff.

Like you i just don't bother with them.

I agree I don’t understand the point of them now.  We get the fitness updates now on a tweet so now that presser offers nothing more than butt kissing by the reporters and “I”, “myself” comments from the manager.  Of course they are never going to ask aggressive questions but the lack of true journalism is staggering these days.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â