Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lets get rid.

There...didn't even have to justify it.

You were close to justifying it. He was brought in as his predecessor was deemed to no longer be providing continuous improvement. One year on, 39 games on, two transfer windows on, turnover of 20+ players on, a full pre season on, we go into the 11th game of this season one point worse off than we were at the same stage last season. After that 11th game last season the manager was sacked for not providing continuous improvement. 

You can ask fans to provide what the manager clearly can't and give you formations and best 11's to get the best out of what was deemed an under achieving squad, a squad that has been added to, but the bottom line is they don't need to provide you with the solutions the manager should be providing. The fact he can't and has not moved the club forward one iota, (for me he has taken it backwards) is more than enough to justify his sacking. 
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You were close to justifying it. He was brought in as his predecessor was deemed to no longer be providing continuous improvement. One year on, 39 games on, two transfer windows on, turnover of 20+ players on, a full pre season on, we go into the 11th game of this season one point worse off than we were at the same stage last season. After that 11th game last season the manager was sacked for not providing continuous improvement. 

You can ask fans to provide what the manager clearly can't and give you formations and best 11's to get the best out of what was deemed an under achieving squad, a squad that has been added to, but the bottom line is they don't need to provide you with the solutions the manager should be providing. The fact he can't and has not moved the club forward one iota, (for me he has taken it backwards) is more than enough to justify his sacking. 

fine.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I disagree, but hey ho.

Change managers on Sunday, and we would have still lost.

Haha so what's the point? Why even bother. Nothing good could happen villa so let's stick with Gerrard. 

Mind blowing stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Mark, I am not being patronising, but on the whole, I love your posts, and I am convinced, you know what your talking about.

However, that rendition, does not fill me with a person, who knows how to criticise, Knows how to show disdain, for the offerings we have on the field....but offers nothing to say, what he should do.... its just nebulous.

In the games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man city, they have given us more space to play, they fancy their chances, so are not afraid of us......the other teams with a low block, have forced us to play different and to all who study us, we have been pee poor.

I think there are pockets of sunshine in the games against the better sides, sure the points are still missing, but we have shown evidence, we can play, when allowed the much needed space.....close us down, press us and we disappear, in this clueless, bunch of sould looking for inspiration....boys Jacks gone!!!

I am not attempting to defend, 8 wins all year.....albeit some seem to think I am......I am also, not giving SG a get out of jail card......and I am not saying you are wrong either......but I will be damned, If I blame some of the things, I see on the pitch, directly on the manager.

aside from brain farts, and composure, add a bit of good premier league decision making and we would have won that on Sunday. ..suddenly 12 points paints a different picture, we are in mid table.

I know, we can't cling to ifs, buts and maybe's.....but if we fail to fight our way through choppy waters, no resillience will ever be gained..... we will be this, run for hills team, at every sign of adversity...and owners who are expected to bail us out, at the sign of trouble.

I saw a style of play of Sunday, we just didn't make it pay, but it was there.......I saw a style of play against Man City and we nearly made it pay.......I hear calls that certain managers, change what they do all the time..and are teasingly called chameleons, we would say disparagingly/cynically, he doesn't know his best team.....these managers are deemed tactical wizards, because they get a win....changing a team, from a bench filled with stars of varying skill sets, that can effect a difference.

SG Changes "he is wrong", he sticks with a team, "he runs with favoured players", He introduces player and they are no better than what he has just taken off.

I am not telling folk, what is right and what is wrong, I am just saying, its not as clear cut as we all seem to think or claim.

I have been watching this team for some time , probably too long.....I have no idea, what his best team is.

I was in the ground on Sunday, and a well known fan said "He does't know what his best team is", during an exchange of views.....I said "do you"...he stalled, I reassured him I was not being facetious....I asked others, "do you know what the best team is".....and they all went quiet.

my point is, such is the level of inconsistency, and the similarity in attributes, its no wonder, we are all unsure.....I think, most fans, would have a different, team selection and that is not a slight on them.....This squad lacks balance, and Kamara's loss has hit us hard, as has Carlos too.....we have no centre forward, just 2 inside forwards trying to carry the fight.....We have no CDM, now Kamara is out.....and I have no idea if Dendoncker is anything but cover.

I don't much care, if he goes anymore.....I just hope the next guy, gets more support, than this.

UTV

You can't be serious. 

He's had loads of support. He's also had a lot of support from the owners. 

You've created an alternate universe in your mind for the struggles Gerrard is having to endure. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha so what's the point? Why even bother. Nothing good could happen villa so let's stick with Gerrard. 

Mind blowing stuff. 

I'm not trying to be flippant or anything, but it seems to be less  about the football and more about the "feels" a certain manager gives. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

who has simply not instilled a style of play and is winging it hoping to stumble on something that works that he can then use in the next game. 

This is main reason I personally would've got rid of him by now. Nothing else, results to a point but more importantly it's obvious to supporters that he still hasn't got a clue what to do and he's winging it. It's like watching Southgate at Villa. Depressing as f***. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can't be serious. 

You've created an alternate universe in your mind for the struggles Gerrard is having to endure. 

I do find your leading line, engaging and cordial.🥱

Time will tell, won't it.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Time will tell, won't it.

I find it mental we went through the whole Bruce out thing. got Smith, WE **** EXPLODE AND GET PROMOTED AND PLAY AMAZING FOOTBALL OHMYDAYSVILLAHOWFUGGENAWESOMEAMAZEBALLS then we see a very similar brand of zero coaching but instead of sock pulling we get 'magic moments' and you don't think a new manager would stand a chance of getting this group of players to play.

Smith managed it, Howe managed it, and that's just two examples in the same country in the past 4 years.

• Like 1

The bottom line is we are now worse off than under Dean Smith last year who was fired as a result of performances. With a significantly weaker squad to boot.

No other justification is necessary to explain why Gerrard should be out the door. None at all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can't be serious. 

Its one of the great managerial struggles ever, I cant wait for a Netflix documentary on his flawed genius

McLeish especially and Lambert were managers that had genuine struggles here

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

With all this talk of Poch, if he was in the running, (i know we keep saying it) but would we accept a loss to Fulham ??

I'd accept a mauling and the coach breaking down on the way home at this point.

Immaterial as I think the Pochettino stuff is a pipe dream but still.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

With all this talk of Poch, if he was in the running, (i know we keep saying it) but would we accept a loss to Fulham ??

With Gerrard in control it will most likely be a loss against Fulham either Pochettino is coming or not, don’t worry about that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â