Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Unfortunately it will take being in the relegation zone for changes to be made because we are seemingly run by morons who don’t actually know anything about football. 
If that’s what they are waiting for then so be it. It won’t take long. 

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

One big moment. How about you start again, realise that what you’ve been trying to do for 11 months isn’t working and show an ounce of tactical capability. We’re now going into a run of 5 very tough fixtures and one big moment isn’t going to make the difference. Jesus wept 

The “one big moment” should be the sacking of Stevie, everything else will fall into place after that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

One big moment. How about you start again, realise that what you’ve been trying to do for 11 months isn’t working and show an ounce of tactical capability. We’re now going into a run of 5 very tough fixtures and one big moment isn’t going to make the difference. Jesus wept 

Gerrard is getting more like David Brent with each passing day 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

"We have to keep creating chances". Keep?

We aren't creating anything, that's the no 1 problem currently.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I agree with the first part of your post but I'd argue that aside from Chelsea we actually have a run of very favourable fixtures but hey ho. 

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

"We have to keep creating chances". Keep?

We aren't creating anything, that's the no 1 problem currently.

Gerrard: "We need to create a chance, that would be the biggest change of the last 8 weeks, a chance would have been created"...

It's the same shit every week. He keeps saying how he's confident that it will click and that we're heading in the right direction - but every single game has been the same as the last one. No change, no evidence that we're getting close to clicking, just the same dull, shit tactics week in week out.

So just because we had a couple chances against a 10 men Leeds this is the new normal and the other 8 games this season where we didn't create anything are disregarded? :D 

That's a cute spin, not sure he's fooling anyone anymore.

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, sne said:

So just because he had a couple chances against a 10 men Leeds this is the new normal and the other 8 games this season where we didn't create anything are disregarded? :D 

That's a cute spin, not sure he's fooling anyone anymore.

and it's not even the last 8 games where this has been a problem, its the last 20 games!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I agree with the first part of your post but I'd argue that aside from Chelsea we actually have a run of very favourable fixtures but hey ho. 

Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle, United. We’ve just drawn with Forrest, drew 0-0 with Leeds. Scraped a win at Southampton. We don’t have any favourable fixtures at the minute imo 

• Like 1

He'll go with a a similar setup to the Man city game.

It might be effective at stopping their play, but there's no chance we're scoring from open play. And I can't see Luiz scoring another corner.

He can do the dull kill the game tactic quite well. But it still leaves us exposed to our error prone individual mistakes that happen all to regularly and will give us an xG of about 0.2 if we're lucky.

That conference just repeats what he said before. We're fked

I can't decide whether he actually believes the crap he's coming out with or if he's resigned to getting the sack and just going through the motions.

None of what he's saying makes any sense.

Edited by AshVilla

50 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle, United. We’ve just drawn with Forrest, drew 0-0 with Leeds. Scraped a win at Southampton. We don’t have any favourable fixtures at the minute imo 

It's as favorable as it can be in this league. 

As opposed to, say, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs. 

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I can't decide whether he actually believes the crap he's coming out with or if he's resigned to getting the sack and just going through the motions.

None of what he's saying makes any sense.

He’s been badly exposed in my opinion. If this continues to go south which I think is inevitable it'll be hard to recover from. I wonder if critchley sticks with him having already had success on his own. 

7 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Woken up early this morning. Ended up randomly on a QPR podcast with Mick Beale talking on it.  I didnt truly believe that Mick Beale was the brains behind Gerrard.  Now i do. Now i believe he was the brains and the personality. 

No soundbites , just a very interesting and charismatic man who understands football totally. Makes Dean Smith seem unknowledgeable to be fair.

one of the other guests asked why he brought a player off at half time. His answer " because i was bored. And the fans were bored"  

So i decided to change things and give the opposition something else to think about. " 

I also have a no dickheads policy with recruitment" 

This last hour has reaffirmed my belief that Gerrard is ultimately unqualified for this gig. He is no more than a figurehead when you strip the layers off  .

I was  duped by his professional persona when he came in. Said all the right things. The reality is that man has not come through on any of his promises. Hasnt imoroved the players hasnt improved the league position created issues with the Mings captaincy. No excuses culture is now going to be an excuses culture. 

I was duped too. The guy is Tim Sherwood without the charisma.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â