Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a good chance for a win, but saying its a must win is crazy when we've just changed manager, whilst most of the starting 11 are away on international duty. 

Sadly, it's the norm these days

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just saw the, errrm, video.

Says all the right, errrm, things but there's errrm, just something about him I find, errrrm irritating.

Can't put my, errm, finger on it though.

Wowsa, so there are still one or two souls around who think it is hilarious to mock the Liverpool accent by writing “errrrm” a lot of times. Can’t say how clever that is as a comedy device (not). 

What he actually said was quite impressive, particularly about trying to tighten up our leaky defending.

But the comedians amongst us will have missed that I guess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wowsa, so there are still one or two souls around who think it is hilarious to mock the Liverpool accent by writing “errrrm” a lot of times. Can’t say how clever that is as a comedy device (not). 

What he actually said was quite impressive, particularly about trying to tighten up our leaky defending.

Well we all know Scousers have  a great sense of humour.

24 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

*heavy sigh in brummie* 

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a good chance for a win, but saying its a must win is crazy when we've just changed manager, whilst most of the starting 11 are away on international duty. 

It is a must win for me... I think we're in real trouble if we don't due to the run of games that follows and our form going in to it. I won't hold Gerrard responsible if we don't win it though,  and accept it will be a challenge to do so.

If we don't win, then when do you expect our first must win game will be? Palace (form team) away? Presumably not,  so that leaves it until we play Norwich. By that time, that being a must win game, will mean we'd probably still be in the relegation zone even if we did win it.

Gerrard has a real challenge on his hands, but I'm hopeful he can deliver even in a short space of time. Start off with a win and our next 4 games take on a completely different look. 

Edited by MrBlack

49 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

After this we have:

Palace Away

Man City Home

Leicester Home

Liverpool Away.

Norwich Away

If we don't win this we will almost certainly be in the relegation zone by the time we play Norwich. For me this is an absolute must win game.

That’s exactly the kind of mentality that SG won’t have and hopefully he can rapidly install a much more positive attitude throughout the club. I’d like to think that this negativity is more prevalent in here than the wider fan base and doesn’t exist at all at BMH and Villa Park. But I think his level of positivity and  “winning attitude” will be on another level. 

That’s not a dig at you at all and I recognise, as most people do, that the next run of games isn’t at all easy. I just  think SG won’t be phased by it and will be working on solutions to the many problems that those fixtures will pose. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â