Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

42 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Polish media is so far detached from English football they though Martinez would be a dream manager for Poland.

They know very little. 

Bruce for Poland?

He can swap kebab for pierogi

• Haha 1

My thoughts go out to the Polish members of VT. Imagine the elation of seeing this plonker get sacked, only for him to then rock up as your national team manager in his very next gig. 

Thinking of you at this difficult time folks 🥲

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Surely he would want to go into Club Management again and try and prove himself there again after faling with us. Loose loose situation for his career prospects 

Not necessarily - buys him time to actually learn how to coach (not rely on team around him etc) in a lower pressure environment. 

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Surely he would want to go into Club Management again and try and prove himself there again after faling with us. Loose loose situation for his career prospects 

I suspect his reasoning is do well with Poland and he takes Southgate's job in a couple of years.

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I suspect his reasoning is do well with Poland and he takes Southgate's job in a couple of years.

I don't see it. Have England ever hired a manager based on doing well with another country's national team? 

If he's after the England job, doing some work at St George's and then becoming U23 manager when there's a vacancy would be his best route IMO. 

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That has to be the plan.

What he doesn't realise is that:

1. He is a crap manager

2. Polish FA is a shambles

3. He is a crap manager

So I can only guess that once England get beaten by Norway or Italy in the Euros Gerrard will be given the role. 

If Gerrard becomes Poland manager, I would not be surprised to see a lot more English players with dual nationality switch to Poland. I don't know if there are many dual nationals  at the moment, maybe in the lower age groups, Marschall of us is one, but maybe that's part of the Polish FA's thinking, appoint Gerrard and attract some of the up and coming young English players that have dual nationality with Poland. 😇

• Haha 1

I'm very surprised Poland are interested in taking Gerrard as there international manager. It's obvious to almost everyone in the UK he is not ready for senior management without Beale. The Poland scout must have only watched him managing Rangers, if they had seen his Villa stint after Beale left, they would walk the other way surely.

It might go like this.

Poland "can you bring your assistant Mike Beale"

Gerrard, "No".

Poland, "sorry you haven't been successful on this occasion". 😂

• Like 1

I just remembered something else funny about him.

One of the many times he talked about signing new players he said something like the only area of the team he was happy with was full back.

The first thing Emery has done is drop Cash for a 72 year old who defies time and signed a new left back.

Ha.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â