Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

so it's been over 36 hours since his sacking. which players so far have tweeted/insta'd well wishes? i've seen digne, young, kamara and martinez so far, and that's it. anyone else?

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so it's been over 36 hours since his sacking. which players so far have tweeted/insta'd well wishes? i've seen digne, young, kamara and martinez so far, and that's it. anyone else?

Probably Carragher, Souness, Dalglish, Torres and Jan Molby.

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

So far no - but Ty did like Young’s post. I imagine many are feeling a sense of relief tbh. 

Everton look like they have a plan, solid look about them defensively.

Gordon, Calvit Lewin and Gray cause problems upfront. Onana looks a unit in midfield. I can see what he is trying to do. It's why the Everton fans and obviously the board gave him time, they showed improvement.

What on earth was Gerrard trying to do here in the meantime I haven't a clue and neither did he it seems.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Everton look like they have a plan, solid look about them defensively.

Gordon, Calvit Lewin and Gray cause problems upfront. Onana looks a unit in midfield. I can see what he is trying to do. It's why the Everton fans and obviously the board gave him time, they showed improvement.

What on earth was Gerrard trying to do here in the meantime I haven't a clue and neither did he it seems.

To be fair to Frank, he at least took charge of Derby and wasn’t too big in his boots to go to Everton once the Chelsea spell ended. Mount developed well under him and Iwobi has been a different player under him too. At Everton, he looks to have finally understood defensive solidity is better than non threatening ball possession. 

So he’s learned a few things along the way which is what Gerrard needs to do if he wants to continue as a manager. But personally, think he will go into punditry. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Sad reality is probably more that it took his social media team 2 days to get clearance to use a professional photo that they don't own

I am aware its a PR team but its embarrassing still. Smith got sacked and was about 20 posts the next day even from Grealish

I know its PR crap but shows how hated he was. I think we will smash Brentford tomorrow if Danks doesn't do an Eric Black

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lamps currently showing up his old nemesis.

Thing is, Everton started showing signs of capability early in the season.

Always chose SG in the " Gerrard / Lampard " player debates.

To be fair to Lampard, he seems to have built a connection with the club and especially the supporters. Like Sherwood did with Villa I suppose. I would argue Gerrard didn't here,  he didn't make any attempts to connect positively with the fan base and I believe that had a part to play in his eventual sacking. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

To be fair to Lampard, he seems to have built a connection with the club and especially the supporters. Like Sherwood did with Villa I suppose. I would argue Gerrard didn't here,  he didn't make any attempts to connect positively with the fan base and I believe that had a part to play in his eventual sacking. 

Thats all well and good but he also seems he studied coaching over the summer which is more important

Last year Gerrard was slightly a better a manager than Lampard but now Lampard has surpassed him its embarrassing not that Lampard is some elite manager

Â