Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t understand why you continue to use Potter to make points about Gerrard. 

So are you telling me, after the same amount games presided over and a similar amounts of wins in their first season, one turns it around and goes on to gain huge recognition and the other, is looking down the barrel of a gun?

did I really have to spell that out?....no disrespect.

Do you want me to use, Patrick Viera instead...or Mikel Arteta.

No situation is identical, but chuffing hell, some are very similar.

Mate, you need to look around.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think on the point that "there is no evidence he won't turn it around"... we do have some. 

He has repeated the same mistakes so many times now. Every time it looks like he's stumbled on a winning formula, he's given up on it. All those times Buendia has outperformed Coutinho and then found himself benched the next game. Those times we've looked terrible and then Luiz has come on and given us shape and composure, only to be dropped again the next game.

He may realise some of these mistakes, but after the third or fourth time of making them, I've no confidence a 5th iteration will make him see it any more clearly. And sadly it looks like a 5th iteration will never happen now anyway because it really feels the players have given up on him.

Even if Kamara came back and was fit to start on thursday, I wouldn't expect him to play both him and Luiz, and even if he did, the rest of the team is so low on confidence it wouldn't matter. 

I get where you're coming from, he may be able to turn it around, but for me it's too late and it's broken beyond repair for Gerrard.

I  find that hard to believe....I find stuff like that unfathomable.....I saw a committed team on Sunday, creating a load of chances....I also seen a few brainfarts, to settle a game.

I have seen instances where, I would question him taking off Luiz.....but hey, I have seen that with every manager at Villa park.....they all make some strange decisions at times, it doesn't define, everything we do.

Losing games raises many, many scenario's and confidence is one of them...when you lose the signs on the ground look crooked, the burgers are shit and the beer has no head.

Nobody, like losing and breeds, bad temper and bad temper breeds, ill thought reasoning.

Nothing is too late.....winning matches changes everything, don't kid yourself.......No one gives up, winning matches, it breeds belief, it blows away negativity, positivity thrives, nothing looks like a problem, performances return with swagger, everything is taken in its stride, tolerance, returns......and joy is reborn.

Winning is Key.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Could this be related to compensation or money for new managerial coaching team...

Maybe they've reserved a pie and a few pints for next home game, as they couldn't make the last one

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I can remember something similar happening just before we sacked one of our previous managers, might have been Bruce. I could also be wrong about this, but when they do these 'allotted shares' things I think it's usually for bigger amounts than fifteen million.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I can remember something similar happening just before we sacked one of our previous managers, might have been Bruce. I could also be wrong about this, but when they do these 'allotted shares' things I think it's usually for bigger amounts than fifteen million.

I do think the Bruce situation was different tbh mate. For his last game the whole stadium was singing ‘we want Bruce out’

They had to sack him like it or not, the fans made that decision.

Against Chelsea there was a few chants, but not enough imo to make the boards decision  

6 minutes ago, useless said:

This rings a bell, I dont know why they can't just do contactless. Don't they know the limit has increased since Covid

37 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I got to be honest Paul I find this quite insulting. Why should I have to say what a Premier League manager who has been in charge of a team for a year should do? Shouldn't the person who is charge of the team know?  It doesn't matter what I think he should do does it. If I say play 4-3-3 with one 8, one 6 and one number 10, two wide players and one through the middle. Does that suddenly make my opinion more valid and not nebulous?

You should know as you should have a manager in charge of the team who has shown you. You don't need to know though. That isn't your job to. Just as the other 40k who rock up to VP every other week don't need to or the millions of other Villa fans. All we need to know as fans is that the manager after a year pretty much knows his best 11 and 100% should know how he wants them to play. I'd expect him to have been working towards a system/style of play from the second he started the job and after a year, 39 games, two transfer windows a turnover of 20+ players, big increase in wage bill, full pre season that he would he would have implemented one. The fact he isn't even close and is flitting from formation to formation and making 2,3,4 changes every game shows he hasn't got a clue

I disagree Mark,

but apologies if you find my comments insulting, that wasn't meant to be and not intended....I was merely trying to crystalise the criticism fairly.

my point was, if we are going to criticise, for things he is not doing, we must be sure of what he should be doing, surely.....criticism, needs to have substance and balance to it and be substantiated.

To say, he is the manager, and he should know, is a point, I accept.....but to then criticise, without a solution is shallow imo.

I think it makes your criticism more plausable and focused......and challengable.

I think its disingenuous to suggest on Sunday, we didn't have a clue...perhaps some other games would be a better example, but you said "every"

I thought against Man City, was commendable....the next 2 less so, granted.

Other managers seem to change things with impunity, and an air of tactical praise around......is it just because we are losing, all looks lost and so miserable.....or could it be, the players in the squad are so similar, the changes seem cosmetic/ ineffective?....just asking.

I buy in to the frustration.....and I am sincerely, not trying to be quarelsome.....I just don't think its a simple as some are suggesting....and I don't think, its ALL on him.

I could be miles off here....and I will be the first to say, should I be......but we will see, when he's gone.

Edited by TRO

No I mean when we sacked one of our previous managers, there were some shares moved around for a sum of money that looked like what it might cost to pay a manager's severance, and not long after that the manager was indeed sacked. And now £15m worth of shares have been allocated in the midst of all the talk of Gerrard leaving, could have nothing to do with Gerrard, but seems interesting timing.

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

So are you telling me, after the same amount games presided over and a similar amounts of wins in their first season, one turns it around and goes on the gain huge recognition and the other, is looking down the barrel of a gun?

did I really have to spell that out?....no disrespect.

Do you want me to use, Patrick Viera instead...or Mikel Arteta.

No situation is identical, but chuffing hell, some are very similar.

Mate, you need to look around.

Simple answer, yes. I’ve already given you articles and tactical analysis of potters work at Brighton, wether you read them or not is up to you of course. Potters now managing Chelsea, given a 5 year contract off the back of his work the past few seasons. They’re are not the same. 

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Simple answer, yes. I’ve already given you articles and tactical analysis of potters work at Brighton, wether you read them or not is up to you of course. Potters now managing Chelsea, given a 5 year contract off the back of his work the past few seasons. They’re are not the same. 

I disagree, but hey ho.

Change managers on Sunday, and we would have still lost.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

To say, he is the manager, and he should know, is a point, I accept.....but to then criticise, without a solution is shallow imo.

I genuinely don't really know what to add to what I have already said. I don't need to offer a solution. That is the managers job. I could easily offer up a formation and a team but what good does that do and it certainly doesn't make my criticism of the managers dire record any more valid.

You seem to be judging me as a fan not offering up a solution as a means to excuse the manager for not having one. I mean really. Surely you bring in a manager and the bare minimum you want after a year as a fan is to be able to say that is give or take one or two players our best 11, that is the formation the manager likes to play. The fact me, or you, or any other fan doesn't have a clue what our managers best 11 is or what formation he plays to get the best out of them is not on us as fans. That is 100% on the manager. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I genuinely don't really know what to add to what I have already said. I don't need to offer a solution. That is the managers job. I could easily offer up a formation and a team but what good does that do and it certainly doesn't make my criticism of the managers dire record any more valid.

You seem to be judging me as a fan not offering up a solution as a means to excuse the manager for not having one. I mean really. Surely you bring in a manager and the bare minimum you want after a year as a fan is to be able to say that is give or take one or two players our best 11, that is the formation the manager likes to play. The fact me, or you, or any other fan doesn't have a clue what our managers best 11 is or what formation he plays to get the best out of them is not on us as fans. That is 100% on the manager. 

Thats not my intention.....but if you feel all the criticism is just, then there must be grounds for it, I was just politely asking for an explanation for those grounds.....and sure, you can resist that call, its your prerogative.

I could make the whole thing simple and say......

He has a poor win percentage, he has won 8 games this year, unacceptable.....we can't beat a low block team.....A large section of the fans don't like him.....and he plays unconvincing football in the main.

Lets get rid.

There...didn't even have to justify it.

UTV

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seems like he getting Fulham. I’m going to miss the game. Cant say I’m that bothered. 

I'm kind of there fwiw.

be glad when we can get back to supporting everyone at the club....that alone will be a nice change.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â