Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I must be old fashioned but I just can’t get my head around taking 6 week old babies to pubs.  Anyway he still looks blasted on that photo. Maybe he’s just tired 

If Gerrard has a six week old baby I think I know why he might look blasted lmao.

Also might explain our tactics.

• Haha 1

I do find it mildly amusing the pub criticises those sharing a picture of him “for a minute of fame” by commenting on it and by doing that, they’re confirming that yes this is our establishment, as frequented by THE Steven Gerrard.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I do find it mildly amusing the pub criticises those sharing a picture of him “for a minute of fame” by commenting on it and by doing that, they’re confirming that yes this is our establishment, as frequented by THE Steven Gerrard.

Free marketing!

I would have though the euphoria late last night when we all thought he'd been sacked should send a strong message to the club with regards to the feeling about his continued presence at our beautiful football club.

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I'm really struggling to understand why he's still here.

It's just madness from the club to let him continue.

I wonder if it will affect the players on Thursday night.  They are bound to have seen the fans delight in the news Gerrard was gone, they might think what's the point.

Still no announcement, it's not like the club (at least the NSWE version) to have stories circulating in the press before anything happens. Normally the press don't get a sniff till it's announced. Not sure it's a good sign there's so much speculation, even BBC sport are running with the telegraph villa interested in Pochettino story at the top of the gossip.

Just now, duke313 said:

I wonder if it will affect the players on Thursday night.  They are bound to have seen the fans delight in the news Gerrard was gone, they might think what's the point.

Possibly, but it could also have the opposite effect if they like playing under him. Closing ranks and pulling together to help the gaffer get out of the whole. 

Team games are funny things. My hockey team had an abysmal season years ago, peomotion wasn't even a thought in our minds, but somehow they managed to turn things around from seemingly out of nothing, just getting into the play-offs 

Unfortunately our best player (by ten miles) got injured just before it started, but the lads played like men possessed, winning promotion comfortably. 

Shit like that happens sometimes. Nit saying it will, just that form can be extremely unpredictable and sometimes the weirdest things ignite that spark. 

With or without Gerrard, I hope that happens. There's a lot of season left.

Just now, romavillan said:

Still no announcement, it's not like the club (at least the NSWE version) to have stories circulating in the press before anything happens. Normally the press don't get a sniff till it's announced. Not sure it's a good sign there's so much speculation, even BBC sport are running with the telegraph villa interested in Pochettino story at the top of the gossip.

Which makes me think there might be something in the claim that media is sniffing the old poo. From when we first approached Poch a few weeks back. They're just behind. But what do I know?

10 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I would have though the euphoria late last night when we all thought he'd been sacked should send a strong message to the club with regards to the feeling about his continued presence at our beautiful football club.

You'd hope so, especially with the comms director getting messages calling him a spoilsport etc. 

I do wonder if Poch's agent/agency is looking at how much the fans want him here too. Might not have much of an effect but it's always nice to feel wanted. 

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I must be old fashioned but I just can’t get my head around taking 6 week old babies to pubs.  Anyway he still looks blasted on that photo. Maybe he’s just tired 

Can't get a round in and can't drive you home, complete waste

But seriously as a proper momsnet post I've tried explaining this to the wife and she doesn't get it, thr pub does still serve as a meeting point for men even if its not to get smashed, if I'm gonna meet a mate for an hour I ain't shouting up Costa Coffee, that cultural thing still exists

The photo itself if you told me it was a doppelganger rather than the man himself I'd believe you, his haircut doesn't look as exspenive but to be fair to him the easy stick to beat him with is looking desheveled in a pub automatically means drunk which isn't necessarily the case and again something with which my wife struggles to believe in...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daft said:

Which makes me think there might be something in the claim that media is sniffing the old poo. From when we first approached Poch a few weeks back. They're just behind. But what do I know?

Unlikely, I can’t see the Telegraph being that far behind.  More likely they are right than a Twitter account

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can't get a round in and can't drive you home, complete waste

But seriously as a proper momsnet post I've tried explaining this to the wife and she doesn't get it, thr pub does still serve as a meeting point for men even if its not to get smashed, if I'm gonna meet a mate for an hour I ain't shouting up Costa Coffee, that cultural thing still exists

The photo itself if you told me it was a doppelganger rather than the man himself I'd believe you, his haircut doesn't look as exspenive but to be fair to him the easy stick to beat him with is looking desheveled in a pub automatically means drunk which isn't necessarily the case and again something with which my wife struggles to believe in...

To be honest despite me wanting him gone, I couldn’t care less if he was drunk or not in that pub with his friends and family.  it’s his personal time, not really in a public promoting setting aside from social media means no celebrity is not constantly in public eyeline.  I don’t drink anymore, i don’t frequent pubs or social clubs anymore but it’s a place people go and relax so I have no issue with it.  Only if it affects his work the next day would I have an issue.

I want him gone, but aside from the “he’s left the club conversation” the rest of his time there I couldn’t give a damn about.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â