Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

The fans have to admit, it wasn't Villa at 110% either, Man City looked poor and could have quite easily ripped us a new one if they were on it.

I simply don't accept that.

that like heads you lose, tails you lose.

Man City, wouldn't give you the drippings off their nose.....They want to win everything.

That mentality, is wrong.... we will never win anything, with that attitude.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

your questioning, is tedious at best.

I am not that defensive of him, just opposed to folks, claims, for wanting him gone.....I think the reasoning, is flawed, and contrived.

Then I can only assume you're ignoring a hell of a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Man City, wouldn't give you the drippings off their nose.....They want to win everything.

But Gerrard just said Chelsea should wipe the floor with us…similar mentality surely?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

could be or better players too....who do what's asked.

So we’ve just picked a group of 25 players, different ages, different beliefs, from different countries, from a background of different coaching, clubs and they ALL aren’t doing what’s asked…ALL of them.  Sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer, it’s bad coaching!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

You could make a strong argument that we could have won 2-1 too. Our performance against City at home was a positive one, it is unfair to criticise Gerrard for that performance imo - when you (those who want him sacked asap) apparently have a lot more stats, performances and results to choose from that indicate that SG has been a poor appointment. If you want Gerrard out, why would you focus on a result/performance that was regarded as positive? 😕 

Edited by Villa_Vids

“They should wipe the floor with us”.

That amazing world renowned winning mentality coming to the fore there. Used car salesman. Absolute chancer. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

You could make a strong argument that we could have won 2-1 too. Our performance against City at home was a positive one, it is unfair to criticise Gerrard for that performance imo - when you (those who want him sacked asap) apparently have a lot more stats, performances and results to choose from that indicate that SG has been a poor appointment. If you want Gerrard out, why would you focus on a result/performance that was regarded as positive? 😕 

Apparently?

I don’t agree with the comparisons to Arteta at all. “Villa should do this because a completely unrelated club with unrelated coaches in an unrelated situation have done something else”. I’ll stick to judging the reality of the situation for Aston Villa, which is we have a incompetent manager and after 10 games are 2 points off the relegation zone and one of the worst scoring records in the league 

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

That amazing world renowned winning mentality coming to the fore there. Used car salesman. Absolute chancer. 

Reminds me of McLeish with his "we can't compete" stuff.

Gerrard is just so dour and negative. I'm sick of winding up with this. Even the managers who aren't like that when we first get them end up that way (e.g. Lambert and Smith to a certain extent).

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s less bad in the context of the interview but to me just shows how awful he is at communicating, same as the ridiculous comments re Mings after Bournemouth which caused an unnecessary circus… he’s like a bull in a China shop with the lack of foresight in his comments. He must be the same behind closed doors there’s no way you can naturally turn that carelessness on or off

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Apparently?

Yes. Picking out a bad example of why we should sack SG makes that so. I am not denying there is a case for sacking SG but I genuinely don't understand why the City performance is used as a stick to beat him with, when it shifted our form and we have remained unbeaten ever since. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Man City looked " poor " 😂

As I continue to say, for all the criticism I'll give SG, there are some people trying too hard.

That was one of our creditable performances.

It's like people think that because they want Gerrard gone it means that anything positive whatsoever should be slammed or spun.

Apparently Man City and Haaland just chose to be poor against us, we had nothing to do with nullifying them or throwing them off their game 🤦🏿‍♂️

Bare in mind, we are the only team they haven't beaten in 9 games this season and the only reason they aren't top

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yes. Picking out a bad example of why we should sack SG makes that so. I am not denying there is a case for sacking SG but I genuinely don't understand why the City performance is used as a stick to beat him with, when it shifted our form and we have remained unbeaten ever since. 

I agree with the city game it was a great performance and result. But you said apparently have a lot more stats, results etc to back it up. I don’t see how it’s apparently

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Man City looked " poor " 😂

As I continue to say, for all the criticism I'll give SG, there are some people trying too hard.

That was one of our creditable performances.

It's like people think that because they want Gerrard gone it means that anything positive whatsoever should be slammed or spun.

Apparently Man City and Haaland just chose to be poor against us, we had nothing to do with nullifying them or throwing them off their game 🤦🏿‍♂️

Bare inind, we are the only team they haven't beaten in 9 games this season and the only reason they aren't top

I agree with most of this

They did draw with Newcastle as well 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yeah, the Man City game the team (and manager) did well. The two draws after, not so much. It was back to not meeting reasonable expectations in those games. It is absolutely the job of the manager and his team of coaches to improve players and the team performances. It’s obviously on individual players to work to take on board what they are asked to do, and if they don’t the manager has to change the team during the game, or for the next game. If what they are asked to do is beyond them, something they’re simply not capable of, then the “ask” has to be changed, given that the squad can’t be during the season (apart from Jan).

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I object to you calling Slippy G a chancer. My wife once called me a beer drinking, football obsessed, workaholic, Brummie chancer, which I took as a compliment. We’ve been married for 10 years now so don’t throw chancer around too much. Another 10 days with SG would be unbearable, let alone 10 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â