Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed. Poch is quite likely to end up at Juve.

The reality is, we'll probably be shopping for the kind of managers that Wolves and (soon) Leicester will be after.

Imagine how we'd react if Wolves fans were talking about Poch.

I can see that but you have to factor in our owners and the money and ambition they have. Certain clubs are going to be successful because of who owns them, Man city , Newcastle , Chelsea and I believe we are now part of that group. We just need to get a manager who elevates us rather than one who's lucky to get the job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Even if it's true, you don't say it. Right out of the Scott Parker book of management.

As I say, it's more to heap pressure on Chelsea.

I don't generally understand the sensitivity to manager interviews r.e: the opposition.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I can see that but you have to factor in our owners and the money and ambition they have. Certain clubs are going to be successful because of who owns them, Man city , Newcastle , Chelsea and I believe we are now part of that group. We just need to get a manager who elevates us rather than one who's lucky to get the job. 

Think you need to take the claret and blue tinted glasses off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

When you are the manager Gerrard, Its true, with your crappy no idea tactics they should be wiping the floor with us. Just you shouldn't say it.

Smacks of desperately trying to engineer a free hit for himself to buy more time.

Seems to be a bit of theme of expectation lowering, our form and performances since even before this season began are dire for a side aiming to be top half let alone “best of the rest” as our owners are targeting and invested for. But be shit long enough and talk us down, even better if your mates in the media help, then suddenly scraping a draw against one of the “big boys” and just surviving relegation are successes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

As I say, it's more to heap pressure on Chelsea.

I don't generally understand the sensitivity to manager interviews r.e: the opposition.

When things are going well on the pitch, I couldn't give a toss what he says, to be honest, but when things are a bit shit, I look to his words for some reassurance the manager knows how to get us out of this mess. I'm not feeling reassured.

I agree you're probably right about his intent. I think Parker probably had the same intent, to put pressure on their opponents and make his team feel like the plucky underdogs. Look how well they've done since he **** off and the players didn't have a boss telling everyone that they're shit.

5 hours ago, sne said:

So Gerrard will the next Potter as long as he's afforded time, that's the angle they are pushing? It's a fan piece written by a friend about a friend.

Also this:

Aston Villa's attacking stats in the Premier League this seasonAston Villa have been outrun by all of their opponents except for Manchester City so far this season

These are pointless stats. wtf has running got to do with performances? I expect Man City are bottom of all running charts. Teams who play fast front to back football do lots more running than teams who are slow with build up play. CBs and CMs don't move anywhere they stay in place, that's half the outfield players. We then have Narrow 10s who don't run the channels they stay centrally. So three players actual move around the pitch, Watkins and the Full Backs.

We run less than opponents because we play this way. We're doing shit because we play this way. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

These are pointless stats. wtf has running got to do with performances? I expect Man City are bottom of all running charts. Teams who play fast front to back football do lots more running than teams who are slow with build up play. CBs and CMs don't move anywhere they stay in place, that's half the outfield players. We then have Narrow 10s who don't run the channels they stay centrally. So three players actual move around the pitch, Watkins and the Full Backs.

We run less than opponents because we play this way. We're doing shit because we play this way. 

I think you’re focusing on the wrong stats there.

12 minutes ago, penguin said:

Smacks of desperately trying to engineer a free hit for himself to buy more time.

Seems to be a bit of theme of expectation lowering, our form and performances since even before this season began are dire for a side aiming to be top half let alone “best of the rest” as our owners are targeting and invested for. But be shit long enough and talk us down, even better if your mates in the media help, then suddenly scraping a draw against one of the “big boys” and just surviving relegation are successes.

Indeed. 

Shades of O'Leary, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You can interpret the running stats for sure but the top stats are very important 

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think I'd sack him for this alone. I'm sick to death of this word removed talking us down

Agreed. Underlines in one sentence he has no idea what he’s supposed to be building here. Pathetic. 

Of course what he’s actually doing is protecting himself so that if Chelsea tonk us 6-0 he’s said “well look that’s expected…”

Chelsea should really be wiping the floor with us, we’ve had no investment for years and have a squad of players nobody has ever heard of, with a manager that’s only had one preseason and one year to make them better. What else can we expect? Give it another three years and £300m and I’m sure Stevie will get the lads at least hoping to draw with Chelsea. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, messi11 said:

When you are the manager Gerrard, Its true, with your crappy no idea tactics they should be wiping the floor with us. Just you shouldn't say it.

Give the fans a little bit of hope eh Steve.

Just get him out what a word removed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â