Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

The Chelsea game is a free hit for Gerrard.

No one expects us to win.

If we'd played well or even average this season that would be true, but you can't go losing games to teams like Bournemouth and Crystal Palace and failing to beat the likes of Leeds and Forest then also write off games against top teams because we're quickly running out of games that we can actually get points from that way. 

The terrible start to the season means we need to actually beat some better teams now 

Tbf I think the pragmatic approach will work better against Chelsea and we'll scrape a draw or a close 1 goal defeat, can't see an embarrassment like some are expecting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

He is going to deflect blame over to the club once he is sacked. 100 %

He will get away with it too as nobody in the media will be brave enough to criticise him. He wasn't backed will be hilarious when its spouted

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All one of them?

There has been other stuff written but this elevates it.... I don't think anyone backing Gerrard can provide any sound reason to keep him, but that's just my opinion 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will get away with it too as nobody in the media will be brave enough to criticise him. He wasn't backed will be hilarious when its spouted

Can you imagine the love ins with Carragher 🙄

Here's an analogy, it's a true story told to me even if it's not true who cares, to describe why I want us to lose until he's gone...

Man hiking way up in the mountains somewhere in the world, starts having a nose bleed one night at camp. At first nothing thought of it, but after a while it won't stop, they are so high up that his blood won't clot. He is going to slowly bleed to death.

So high up in the mountains, no where near help one of the guides came up with the only solution. They had to heat up a metal rod in the fire and carefully shove it up nose and cauterize the veins (or arteries).... Excruciatingly painful but it worked.

Do you want to bleed slowly to death

Or do you take immense pain in one hit and live to finish the journey.

The games after Chelsea are winnable under a different regime, I'll take my nose getting cauterized on Sunday...

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Here's an analogy, it's a true story told to me even if it's not true who cares, to describe why I want us to lose until he's gone...

Man hiking way up in the mountains somewhere in the world, starts having a nose bleed one night at camp. At first nothing thought of it, but after a while it won't stop, they are so high up that his blood won't clot. He is going to slowly bleed to death.

So high up in the mountains, no where near help one of the guides came up with the only solution. They had to heat up a metal rod in the fire and carefully shove it up nose and cauterize the veins (or arteries).... Excruciatingly painful but it worked.

Do you want to bleed slowly to death

Or do you take immense pain in one to hit and live to finish the journey.

I think I don’t want to hike up mountains now 😉

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Woken up early this morning. Ended up randomly on a QPR podcast with Mick Beale talking on it.  I didnt truly believe that Mick Beale was the brains behind Gerrard.  Now i do. Now i believe he was the brains and the personality. 

No soundbites , just a very interesting and charismatic man who understands football totally. Makes Dean Smith seem unknowledgeable to be fair.

one of the other guests asked why he brought a player off at half time. His answer " because i was bored. And the fans were bored"  

So i decided to change things and give the opposition something else to think about. " 

I also have a no dickheads policy with recruitment" 

This last hour has reaffirmed my belief that Gerrard is ultimately unqualified for this gig. He is no more than a figurehead when you strip the layers off  .

I was  duped by his professional persona when he came in. Said all the right things. The reality is that man has not come through on any of his promises. Hasnt imoroved the players hasnt improved the league position created issues with the Mings captaincy. No excuses culture is now going to be an excuses culture. 

I remember at the time thinking that Beale could one day manage us. 

If and when Gerrard fulfilled his promise and jumped ship to his dream job with Liverpool.

Beale would then take the reins with us, a seamless transition from one manager to another.

• Haha 1

So, let’s say we manage not to lose against Chelsea.

He’ll be here for at least the next game 

eat, sleep despair repeat ☹️

unless, as is rumoured the owners are there,  and regardless of the result the fans at the game turn on him big time

they will be the real barometer and they have to send the message to the owners and Purslow that we’ve had enough 

2 hours ago, weedman said:

If we'd played well or even average this season that would be true, but you can't go losing games to teams like Bournemouth and Crystal Palace and failing to beat the likes of Leeds and Forest then also write off games against top teams because we're quickly running out of games that we can actually get points from that way. 

The terrible start to the season means we need to actually beat some better teams now 

Tbf I think the pragmatic approach will work better against Chelsea and we'll scrape a draw or a close 1 goal defeat, can't see an embarrassment like some are expecting 

I agree with all of that. I am just saying that, in my opinion, win, lose or draw against Chelsea will have no bearing on Gerrard's tenure here.

• Sad 1

Purslow won't admit he made a massive mistake and sack his puppet.

Our only hope is if NSWE step in and pull the trigger themselves which may be possible as they are coming to watch us play against Chelsea and get to experience first hand the dire football the fans have had to put up with this season.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Purslow won't admit he made a massive mistake and sack his puppet.

Our only hope is if NSWE step in and pull the trigger themselves which may be possible as they are coming to watch us play against Chelsea and will be subjected to the dire football the fans have had to put up with this season.

He doesn’t have to admit to anything when sacking Gerrard. 

He will put a spin on it. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Woken up early this morning. Ended up randomly on a QPR podcast with Mick Beale talking on it.  I didnt truly believe that Mick Beale was the brains behind Gerrard.  Now i do. Now i believe he was the brains and the personality. 

No soundbites , just a very interesting and charismatic man who understands football totally. Makes Dean Smith seem unknowledgeable to be fair.

one of the other guests asked why he brought a player off at half time. His answer " because i was bored. And the fans were bored"  

So i decided to change things and give the opposition something else to think about. " 

I also have a no dickheads policy with recruitment" 

This last hour has reaffirmed my belief that Gerrard is ultimately unqualified for this gig. He is no more than a figurehead when you strip the layers off  .

I was  duped by his professional persona when he came in. Said all the right things. The reality is that man has not come through on any of his promises. Hasnt imoroved the players hasnt improved the league position created issues with the Mings captaincy. No excuses culture is now going to be an excuses culture. 

And yet we were poor most of the time Beale was with us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â