Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Thanks for your opinion!!! 

DS beat Man U at old Trafford without Grealish what has Slippy G done??

Please stop your delusional support of SG😉

I don't understand how you can want your team to be battered by Chelsea? The only reason being of course, unless you aren't a supporter of the club. it is unfathomable to me. I take offense because I support Villa. 

What delusional support? Attempting to be reasonable isn't delusional. I have said what I think of Gerrard - a young manager deserves a chance to sort his mess out. It doesn't mean I like how we are playing or the decisions that have been made by Gerrard. Gerrard being sacked isn't healthy for the club, it does damage.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I don't understand how you can want your team to be battered by Chelsea? The only reason being of course, unless you aren't a supporter of the club. it is unfathomable to me. I take offense because I support Villa. 

What delusional support? Attempting to be reasonable isn't delusional. I have said what I think of Gerrard - a young manager deserves a chance to sort his mess out. It doesn't mean I like how we are playing or the decisions that have been made by Gerrard. Gerrard being sacked isn't healthy for the club, it does damage.

Because I disagree with you, that makes me someone who doesn't support the club?? Righto, I noticed in your rant you failed to answer my question, which was what has SG achieved in 11 months here??

If my opinion on this social media platform has offended you so much, maybe you should ignore me then.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

What has he done that is disrespectful? (serious question ...) 

I know he made the Mings captain call, which I guess you could call disrespectful to Mings, but what else? 

I think the football he is producing is utter crap but I'm kind of missing why people are taking such a strong dislike to him as a person. 

See my man DJBOB pretty much covered it. Also attacking journo's, just not the personality type I would like to represent our club. The Mings thing was pretty much all the disrespect I needed to see to realise this is not the man for us, handled so poorly I'm pretty sure the players hate it, they are not players that look like they are enjoying themselves.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Iv'e no doubt he will relegate us from what I have seen lately. We have struggled against the crap, we have no chance against Chelsea, even if we do well in the first half, Potter will change it, an as we have seen time and time again, Gerrard will have no answers.

Expecting the forward players to show some magic, is a manager out of ideas. Like, I have done my bit, it's now up to the players??

Give it up chap, he's done here, should never have brought in the trainee!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

He's going to relegate us with his non-existent ability to set up a decent football team. He's shown absolutely nothing to justify your faith. This is feeling bleak—he's had money to spend. There's no excuse. Just listen to him in the interview after last night—'We need magic'—he said it about five times. What a joke.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So it's gonna take an extreme event for Purslow to do to Slippy G, what he did with complete ease to Dean Smith, the best manager we'd had in over a decade.

Fine. I hope Chelsea absolutely batter us.

Short term pain for long term gain.

I’m starting to lose hope in the club, and I don’t think even if Chelsea destroy us, it will result in the sacking of Gerrard. Maybe if we lose the next 6 before the WC break, it will force the club.

We know the rubbish performance on the field have not been enough. The points total haven’t made them make a move either. The decline in performance of every player, that would affect the re-sell value have not made an impact either. Either the club doesn’t care, or Purslow is protecting Gerrard.

I’m sure our dark times with Gerrard will continue for way too long.

I urge people to go and watch the women team on Saturday, if they can, will be a lot better then the dross Gerrard will provide on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Regularly throws the squad under the bus during post-match but gleefully runs over to his mates during the rare wins to bask in the interview.

All of it just stinks. And while some of it may be exaggerated because of the desultory performance on the pitch, every little bit is magnified at this point.

Not to mention the countless times he doesn't even bother acknowledging the away fans for traveling to watch another dire performance.

Will undoubtedly move on to bigger and better things like the England job once Villa get rid where he can play his media part and hide behind "pragmatic" football for internationals.

I'm not sure about this. In terms of throwing the squad under the bus, I don't think I've ever heard him call out individuals. He often states the obvious, example being after yesterday's game saying he needs our attackers to start turning up. It would be more annoying / disrespectful to me if he didn't mention that and tried to deflect from reality by blaming bad luck, referee decisions etc. 

In terms of not acknowledging the away fans, is that a fact? I haven't been to an away game whilst he has been in charge so I really have no idea about that. It's not something I've heard from any other Villa fans.  

And as for moving on to bigger things after Villa. That is just conjecture / speculation. And really quite unlikely in my opinion. If / when he gets the boot from here he will be nowhere near the running for the England job, and will struggle to get a PL club for his next job  (in my opinion). 

As I said in my earlier post I agree with most fans that he has been largely useless since joining. But I've never quite understand why people seem to dislike his personality so much. He seems a decent enough bloke trying his best to turn a situation around whilst being way out of his depth (don't shoot me!) 

Â