Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

I watched his interviews last night and it is scary how devoid of tactical knowledge he appears to be, his response to the awful performance "we need players to step up with moments of magic." With tactical insights of that depth it's no wonder we aren't scoring, aren't creating and otherwise just look all-round clueless when in possession. Ultimately he's been found out now, he is out of his depth and doesn't have the required skills tactically or man-management either from the looks of it. The club needs to cut their losses immediately because best case scenario we scrape a result in the next game and so on and we just limp on and on until eventually enough is enough, if he is this devoid of tactical understand 

Exactly he’s doing just enough to keep his job, which is shocking how the owners are allowing this shit show to continue 

• Like 1

Just looked back to last season when he took over. He got off to a very good start. Gave the big teams a good game too. Form dipped a bit near the end. Overall though I was pleased with how we were. Results have been frustrating this season, very frustrating . I think the biggest problem I have is performance levels as we seem to be getting worse. Our performance levels from those first few Gerrard games we’d be much higher up the table . I’m trying to find the positives in him being our manager still. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I watched his interviews last night and it is scary how devoid of tactical knowledge he appears to be, his response to the awful performance "we need players to step up with moments of magic." With tactical insights of that depth it's no wonder we aren't scoring, aren't creating and otherwise just look all-round clueless when in possession. Ultimately he's been found out now, he is out of his depth and doesn't have the required skills tactically or man-management either from the looks of it. The club needs to cut their losses immediately because best case scenario we scrape a result in the next game and so on and we just limp on and on until eventually enough is enough, if he is this devoid of tactical understanding after this amount of time he simply won't learn it now

The moments of magic line is ridiculous. 

I could be the manager, pick Coutinho and watch him score a wonder goal every so often. 

The fact he seems to think this is the thing letting him down is both worrying and Laughable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just looked back to last season when he took over. He got off to a very good start. Gave the big teams a good game too. Form dipped a bit near the end. Overall though I was pleased with how we were. Results have been frustrating this season, very frustrating . I think the biggest problem I have is performance levels as we seem to be getting worse. Our performance levels from those first few Gerrard games we’d be much higher up the table . I’m trying to find the positives in him being our manager still

There are none. 

10 minutes ago, TomC said:

The problem with SG is not the results in themselves. I wouldn't sack him just for the results. I would give him more time if we were making progress. The problem is that he seems to have no idea how to structure our attack and doesn't see that the problem begins with the midfield.

No reactions left but this exactly! He has no idea how to set a midfield and attack up.

13 minutes ago, TomC said:

The problem with SG is not the results in themselves. I wouldn't sack him just for the results.

I would! 9 points from 9 games in the 3rd easiest fixture list in the league, he’s got 18 points in the last 20 games.  The results/points alone gives him the boot, add the

15 minutes ago, TomC said:

The problem is that he seems to have no idea how to structure our attack and doesn't see that the problem begins with the midfield.

with 7 goals in 9 games, last night an xG of less than 1.0, never mind all the other problems like out of form players….it should be a no brainer that he should get fired.  For me, the results alone gets him fired.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

That’s fine. And we are within our right to question that. The longer Gerrard stays in charge the harder it will be to undo the damage he’s causing to the Villa brand and possibly out place in the league.

Believe it or not the Gerrard brand did a lot for the club in terms of our brand . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

To be fair to you, I actually thought the players were particularly poor last night. Regardless of the managers set up we should have done more against them. Not a lot of credit to dish out last night.

equally, I am tired of defending, what is appearing to be the indefensible.

I have mustered arguments, to defend our manager.....but the repetition of turgid football is taking its toll....whether, its the manager or the players or both.....something has to change, and change quickly.

The same noises are repeating themselves after every game.....that is not a good sign, I have heard it all before.

As you may know, I don't like changing managers, I believe in continuity and still do......but the offerings are embarrassing.

something has to give.

• Like 4

Just now, MrSmirch said:

Such as?

A renowned world class player coming from a successful stint at a huge club like rangers.  Villa became more fashionable when he became our manager. More people became interested in Aston Villa whether it be papers,  tv, social media, other fans in uk and abroad. 

8 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

The football have been the same for a long time, it isn’t like yesterday was a one off. Maybe it have become more obvious how rubbish we are, but this season we have not played one match where the performance could be called average, it have all been bad. Even matches we have won, the performance have been poor.

Not sure how you are going to hound him out after he have left, but do your best.

I find it shocking that the club haven’t sacked him yet, because now it seems to be clear to everybody that there is no future with Gerrard.

I think the performance and result against Man City was above average.......but on the whole the football has been depressing.

I don't like changing managers per se......but we can't run with this.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

He was a crap manager but at least he had a degree of likability about him

He also always tried to play on the front foot and win games. Gerrard saying he'd have taken a draw against the mighty Leeds before the game would have made Steve Bruce blush.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I saw a table made today which covered Gerrards time as manager. It had us as 9th. Difficult to believe but I guess it’s that which is keeping him hanging on right now. 

The issue with that is it lacks the context of the games and teams he has played have been generally the weaker ones.

We still have the best teams in the league to play. It won't end well.

• Like 1

Â