Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Now somebody has just told me that you can'yt judge Emery at Arse on his signings because Edu made them, so how can you blame Gerrard for not signing players.

The implications were that he wanted to sign Bissouma, never going to happen unfortunately, and Sarr, who didn't sign for whatever reason. They both would have dramatically improved the team.

Carry on rating Watkins, and Ings, thats fine, thats your opinion, i don't . We are allowed to have different views

Well, if rumours are true, it was Gerrard who cancelled that deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm just baffled.

We have a squad containing Leon Bailey, Emi Buendia, Phillipe Coutinho, Ollie Watkins, Danny Ings and your post sounds defeatist that 'how could we expect to win when they sat back when we have so little quality?' against bottom of the table opposition.

As I said, the bar cannot get any lower.

The funny thing is, Gerrard faced that every week with Rangers with the exception of Celtic.  You'd think he'd know how to break down a low block.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He has 2 games to earn at least 3 points so he can pass "lack of continuous improvement" territory. If he doesn't achieve it and doesn't get sacked, Purslow has to go too imo, the lying prick.

Tbf if we're only like 1pt higher than DS at this point last year that's hardly impressive improvement either. Especially considering our fixtures so far this year.

Time for a change regardless of next two games' results imo.

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, what chance do we have with him?

I can understand where he's coming from.

Up to the point of the final third we did pretty well. Mostly because Forest had every intention of letting us do well in those areas. But where it matters in the final third we were beyond woeful. So there was a lot wrong with things at that point. 

Edited by PieFacE

Utterly depressing we wen't from a job for the boys situation with Keith Wyness & Steve Bruce and now only a couple years later we have the same crap with Purslow & Gerrard.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We had 13 goals at this stage last season with a point more and played more difficult opponents

It's like playing in the Premie League but on a Elden Ring-like level of difficulty. Only for proper chads. Win the league on 20 goals for as the ultimate challenge. Gerrard is next level.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I'm always amazed at how you miss the point.

What alternatives were there last night?

Ings, no movement, no pace, or Archer, unconfirmed potential?

In place of?

Midfdield..   Dendonker/Sansom....in place of?

We are bereft of quality up front, and without Kamara , in midfield also. Tinkering around will not hide the fact that since Jack we win half as many games.The void has not been filled with Ings, Bailey or Emi, thats not Gerrards fault.

I'm quite staggered by this. 

You genuinely think there's nothing he could do to beat a Leeds team with 10 men and the worst team in the league?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â