Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

37 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Bottom line is, it's a results business, not a performance business.

We're on a run of two draws (one of which against Man City) and one win. You don't get fired for that, no matter how you play.

Oh agreed, if we were 7th and tracking for 55 points or more, then the dire performances would be acceptable (ie: Mourinho).

Unfortunately we are tracking for 38 points and relegation and are also dire to watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

UTV Podcast lads ( Neil and Paddy ) are fuming at him.

Said they're done with him.

Just listening to this, there's proper anger on that podcast....

• Like 1

I dont have work tomorrow so I've decided to get a Wed bit drunk, I recommend that you all join me. 

In fact, could you imagine just how amazing this thread would be of VT decided to get collectively pissed and then meet in the Gerrard thread at 10pm?

It would be a thing of beauty. 

And just to stay on topic, I was open to the Gerrard appointment, I wanted Smith gone and was willing to take a chance knowing that it was a risk for both club and manager, I'm the first one to admit that I was wrong, he's been terrible and there is no defending him now. 

Wolves pulled the trigger today as well, wonder who they'll get in. 

• Haha 1

UTV Podcast lads ( Neil and Paddy ) are fuming at him.

Said they're done with him.

That not Paul McGrath podcast? If it is I am sure Paddy is an actual coach with some training behind him so is probably aware of how out of his depth this clown is

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Enough now, he is not going to turn this round. We may give him until the World Cup, but he will be sacked before Christmas. Why wait?

I believe some underestimate the committment the board and Purslow in particular has made with Gerrard. When SG was appointed it was with the vision of him taking the team forward come hell or high water, and even if it takes a very long time.

My guess is SG stays at least until the end if the season. If the club is in a real relegation fight later on the owners might get nervous, but as long as we’re not bottom 3 by March he’ll most likely stay.

• Sad 1

Just now, Zatman said:

That not Paul McGrath podcast? If it is I am sure Paddy is an actual coach with some training behind him so is probably aware of how out of his depth this clown is

Yeah just edited.. mistaken lol.

UTV lads actually seem quite pleased. lol

EDIT: I meant For the Love of Paul McGrath podcast. Made a mistake.

The UTV lads actually seem quite happy. lol

And I didn't even spot that you named the wrong podcast!! I just had two Irish voices blaring through my speakers! :P 

• Haha 1

As poor as I think Gerrard is, let’s not forget we’re now playing with a very similar side to the one that almost got relegated.

We’re a below average side with or without Gerrard. Our main aim needs to be to avoid relegation. Arguing that we’ve spent lots of money and therefore shouldn’t be near the relegation zone is fanciful. 

Onto SG - His pre-match interview incensed me actually..... Said something along the lines of:-

"Yeah, they'll be much more difficult to play against now that the new manager has had a pre-season and had time to get his ideas into the club....."

What the hell have you been doing then? You've been at Villa slightly longer (I think) and we look worse!!!! No excuse culture? Get stuffed!! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Gotta be honest, I don’t mind that. I’d hate it being in the public eye, I don’t think anyone should be expected to always be cordial and nice to everyone all the time.

his football though, **** shit

on the fence with this one. i'd understand if they'd interrupted a dinner with his mrs but just out and about i think he could've been a bit more approachable. he must know that he's not too well liked at the moment

if i were these guys i'd have struggled to bite my tongue and not say something like "well you wont be at villa much longer anyway"

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

As poor as I think Gerrard is, let’s not forget we’re now playing with a very similar side to the one that almost got relegated.

We’re a below average side with or without Gerrard. Our main aim needs to be to avoid relegation. Arguing that we’ve spent lots of money and therefore shouldn’t be near the relegation zone is fanciful. 

Not really true, only 5 from our squad today played that season. A fully fit squad has just Mings and McGinn starting from that squad and even then McGinn should not be

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolute cobblers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolute rubbish.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â