Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know nothing of him associating with that guy, it was just a picture on a phone....so you must know more than me....since you often claim for evidence, for my support for him, I will wait for evidence he is in cahoots with him.

Again my point was it was dismissed because it was negative yet any positives is grabbed onto because it shows character.  Just seems cherry picking!  All of it needs evidence both good or bad.  Gerrard’s ability as a player translating to manager has shown no evidence and him in to cahoots with this alleged gangster has no evidence but you can’t pick one and dismiss the other as mud slinging.

Thats a bit rich, coming from you Nick.... you dive in for every negative you can find lately, on him......Since the Bourenmouth game your belief has drained like Diarrhoea and to some degree it is noteworthy, because it was an appalling offering.

Because it has been poor.  Just saying what I see.

I will keep supporting him, until the club, stop, and then I will support the new manager......but not before.

I support at the game but if you want to blindly to support him outside of that, you can’t criticise me for talking reality if it’s poor every week.

Oh and by the way, if he had of regressed, from where he took over......we would have gone down.

55 points previous season, Smith got sacked after an early poor run but then Gerrard came in, our players brought that summer got fit then and after the new manager bounce, then a little three game win streak we have progressively regressed.  7 points in 7 games, 16 points in the last 18 games, we look worse than when Smith got sacked or at least as bad.  I don’t think anybody believes we would’ve got relegated if Smith had stayed and I assume nobody believes we’ll get relegated under Gerrard but on the pitch we have regressed and results, despite having better players are the same therefore we have regressed under Gerrard.

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

when we have had a bad start Nick like some other surprising clubs, lets at least try and reverse it, eh.....and not keep furthering our own agenda....get behind the team and the manager.

My only agenda is Villa’s success, I don’t believe Gerrard gives us that.  You say bad start but it’s not just this season, it’s a continuation from last season.  Who cares about other clubs? I only care about the Villa and Gerrard isn’t doing it.  I get behind the team on match day but outside out that I’m not finding the positives in Gerrard and I hope he leaves asap.  

I support Aston Villa, not any individual at the club.  Supporting blindly an individual outside of game time makes no sense to me, they need to deliver or they need to go.  Gerrard isn’t delivering.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My only agenda is Villa’s success, I don’t believe Gerrard gives us that.  You say bad start but it’s not just this season, it’s a continuation from last season.  Who cares about other clubs? I only care about the Villa and Gerrard isn’t doing it.  I get behind the team on match day but outside out that I’m not finding the positives in Gerrard and I hope he leaves asap.  

I support Aston Villa, not any individual at the club.  Supporting blindly an individual outside of game time makes no sense to me, they need to deliver or they need to go.  Gerrard isn’t delivering.

Perfectly put 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But he's a "natural winner" that brings his winning mentality... Which is worth more than tactics and formations right? 

To be fair I’m not even sure this is Gerrards job, which is even more crazy. 

Edited by IrishVilla10

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Again my point was it was dismissed because it was negative yet any positives is grabbed onto because it shows character.  Just seems cherry picking!  All of it needs evidence both good or bad.  Gerrard’s ability as a player translating to manager has shown no evidence and him in to cahoots with this alleged gangster has no evidence but you can’t pick one and dismiss the other as mud slinging.

Because it has been poor.  Just saying what I see.

I support at the game but if you want to blindly to support him outside of that, you can’t criticise me for talking reality if it’s poor every week.

55 points previous season, Smith got sacked after an early poor run but then Gerrard came in, our players brought that summer got fit then and after the new manager bounce, then a little three game win streak we have progressively regressed.  7 points in 7 games, 16 points in the last 18 games, we look worse than when Smith got sacked or at least as bad.  I don’t think anybody believes we would’ve got relegated if Smith had stayed and I assume nobody believes we’ll get relegated under Gerrard but on the pitch we have regressed and results, despite having better players are the same therefore we have regressed under Gerrard.

I have supported every manager of our club that way.....until they are no longer our manager.....Even Steve Bruce and Alex McLeish.

It's not supporting blindly, its having a belief in future performances and results....like I say, its been a bad start, if it continues, the club will make changes, where they feel appropriate.

We are now in a league, where all cubs have money, so its imperative, that players we bring in, are effective.... we can't keep blaming managers, players have to be accountable, for their own performances.

I think Leeds have bought well under Jessie Marsch, and we have lost our marquee signings .....it will be tough....but we have to find a way to win.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are now in a league, where all cubs have money, so its imperative, that players we bring in, are effective.... we can't keep blaming managers, players have to be accountable, for their own performances.

I think Leeds have bought well under Jessie Marsch, and we have lost our marquee signings .....it will be tough....but we have to find a way to win.

My issue is I think we’ve downgraded managers. If we brought in someone better and things were as bad as they are fair enough I would started blaming the players. But I don’t think the majority of fans think the players are the issue. It’s the fact they’re being used incorrectly week by week. Leeds have recruited well under marsch, but they also recruited very well in bringing in marsch. He made the difference last season pre summer window. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

It's not supporting blindly, its having a belief in future performances and results..

It is blindly because you only stop supporting them when the club sack them you said.  You can’t tell me that under any manager we have now or in the future if they went on a crazy losing run, let’s say an extreme that we got 3 points out of 19 games and the club didn’t fire the manager you’d still be supporting the manager? But under what you said you’d support the manager because you do that until the club sacks him?  Surely you have minimum requirements yourself?

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

When all the players are playing worse then while the players get some of the blame, the fact all the players are struggling you then have to point to the coaching.  Almost all our players are underperforming, that can’t just be the players fault.  That’s coaching.

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

think Leeds have bought well under Jessie Marsch, and we have lost our marquee signings .....it will be tough....but we have to find a way to win.

They also look better coached under Marsch compared to Bielsa despite losing their best two players in the summer in Phillips and Raphinha as well.  I think they will outwork us and it’ll be the difference.  I’m not confident at all because we struggle to create chances and they will run more than us.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But he's a "natural winner" that brings his winning mentality... Which is worth more than tactics and formations right? 

A natural winner who won **** all with England and cost his club the title the one time he got close to it, no less!  It does my nut.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, it's his fault England never won something while he was in the team, and it's his fault Liverpool underachieved 🤦🏿‍♂️

Would you say Harry Kane or Son are shit? Or Haaland since Norway aren't world beaters? For example. Jack never won shit with us either. Technically he's " won " titles etc with City.

You could argue that SG single handedly dragged Liverpool to several big wins and positions up the table, and is highly respected by his peers and Managers as a player ( In a better position to just that venom filled randoms on an internet forum )

I say again, this sounds like shite one of the females around me would say " Argentina hasn't won so Messi can't be so good "

It's the pettiness that's actually doing my nut in.

Thankfully, on a worldwide scale, these pathetic little reaches don't register on the worldwide sporting spectrum where he is ranked as one of the all time top midfielders in the world on multiple lists.

Say he's a shit Manager if you must, yes, but all the other Bollox , from his personal life, to his notable football career is unreal.

Wake me up on match day ffs. Hopefully we will have fresh material which actually makes sense.

Did you not read the post? He didn't say he was a shit player. He was disputing the "natural born winner" claims. 

To be honest, his trophy cabinet is a little sparse for me to consider him a natural winner, but this is a team sport at the end of the day. He can only do so much. 

My gripe with the moniker is that it's meaningless and basically just brown-nosing from the media. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Did you not read the post? He didn't say he was a shit player. He was disputing the "natural born winner" claims. 

So you have to " win trophies " to have a " natural born winner " attribute? What about all the bits in between?

It's not Tennis or golf, you're not single handedly responsible for your team winning trophies.

How many trophies does Scott Carson have now? Natural Born winner?

Don't need to " read the post "... It comes from the same place and is a petty attempt at discrediting him.

I'm sure he's " won " Liverpool " many games and I'm sure most of you know it's most likely in reference to a never say die attitude and tdragging matches by the scruff of its neck, leading by example on the pitch etc for results.

As i noted above, I'm sure many of his peers, team mates and Managers would credit him the same.

Either way, this is a ridiculous argument.

Note: Steve Bruce was a " natural born winner "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you have to " win trophies " to have a " natural born winner " attribute? What about all the bits in between?

It's not Tennis or golf, you're not single handedly responsible for your team winning trophies.

How many trophies does Scott Carson have now? Natural Born winner?

Don't need to " read the post "... It comes from the same place and is a petty attempt at discrediting him.

I'm sure he's " won " Liverpool " many games and I'm sure most of you know it's most likely in reference to a never say die attitude and tdragging matches by the scruff of its neck, leading by example on the pitch etc for results.

As i noted above, I'm sure many of his peers, team mates and Managers would credit him the same.

Either way, this is a ridiculous argument.

Note: Steve Bruce was a " natural born winner "

You clearly didn't read mine either as I already answered all those questions. I agree it's unfair to judge a single player by team trophies but it seems to be the only objective metric for this meaningless term. How else are you supposed to quantify "natural born winner"? What else is there to win?

In any case, it doesn't translate to the managerial side anyway. So far with us his record suggests he seems more natural at losing than winning. All that never say die pashun stuff from his playing days doesn't seem to be reflected in his side. 

• Like 1

I don't think he is the manager to move us forward.

However the teams bad luck will be his good luck, with injuries to key players and a couple of decent results he has managed to buy himself another extended period of time, in my opinion.

I'm going support the team against Leeds and hopefully we put in a good performance.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â