Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s gotta be back to MON days surely. Smith managed 4 in a row.  Gerrard managed 4 in 6 with the two defeats being City and Liverpool.

We just need a solid unbeaten run, 2 wins and two draws in next 5 games. That's sort of run that at least pushes you back into mid table mediocrity and due to early stages of season table is tight and won't be that far off european places (especially if Potter goes as you'd imagine Brighton's form would start to dip significantly).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Arteta has as we’ve seen. Gerrard hasn’t as we’ve seen. 

His remit is quite widely known now to be 6 points out of the 4 games from when he had the meeting with the owners. He’s got one point with two games left. 

Like I said, if fortunes changed that’s great but it starts with Leicester. I reiterate, if he loses to Leicester then he should be sacked. Your weird support at times of our shittest managers is truly something astounding. 

I support 'em all mate, while they are in the job.

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

40 from 34. Still not good enough. Over a season that's just under 45 points which would have put us 15th last season (right below where we actually finished). Clear downward trend too so it's unlikely it ever will be good enough. Doesn't matter how you slice it really, it's just not good.

its certainly isn't good enough.....but I think the debate is about, whether we are flogging a dead horse or not.

I say not.

but those who are set in him going, Tuchel is on the market now.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

its certainly isn't good enough.....but I think the debate is about, whether we are flogging a dead horse or not.

I say not.

but those who are set in him going, Tuchel is on the market now.

Gerrard hasn’t shown anything to warrant continuing with him during his time here, his best games were the first handful of games of his tenure.  

As for Tuchel, I think he’s a wonderful manager but I’m not sure right for us because we are trying to build long term and I think he’d be a short term manager for us, that impact type manager but probably will leave when a big job comes up.  I’d be delighted if he did become our manager but I wouldn’t expect him to be here long which might not be good for us like Ancelotti was at Everton.  I would hope we’d be more like a Conte at Spurs but I’d worry we wouldn’t, and we are a few levels below Spurs which would probably not work for Tuchel.  Not sure he’d ever consider us anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This is the issue how long does it go on

Exactly! He should of gone last week.
Or sacked him on a high after the draw against Man City

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

My biggest worry is that he could go on a great run with us and go shooting up the league table, possibly qualifying for Europe and then we won’t be able to sack him! 😢

Not going to happen

10 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

My biggest worry is that he could go on a great run with us and go shooting up the league table, possibly qualifying for Europe and then we won’t be able to sack him! 😢

Imagine how bad it would be if we won a cup too! That’s the last thing we need. Nightmare scenario would be CL and both cups, we’d never get rid of him then!!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Imagine how bad it would be if we won a cup too! That’s the last thing we need. Nightmare scenario would be CL and both cups, we’d never get rid of him then!!

Well possibly if we don’t get out of our CL group then it may give us the opportunity to sack him if we’re lucky? 🤞🏻

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I wouldn't worry about this.

There's probably more chance of you winning the euromillions.

• Haha 1

This illustrates the stupidity of deciding a manager’s future on a game by game basis. Look at what he’s done during his time at the club. Has he had enough time to make an impression? Is it good enough or clearly going in the right direction? If not, change. You don’t need a certain shocking result to do it, in fact you don’t need an excuse at all.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

This causes us the least fuss so it's the ideal scenario.

Hope no one comes in for Critchley if we do end up having a good season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â