Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

All he knew at Rangers was to constantly replace players in the squad in the hope that something would click. That’s fine when you are more or less guaranteed top 2 in the league, but you can’t do that in the PL.

The higher ups seem content to let him try though, which worries me more than how shit this clown is at his job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

The higher ups seem content to let him try though, which worries me more than how shit this clown is at his job.

The complete shift in transfer policy (Ings aside) when Gerrard came in backs this up. 

They’ve gambled and it looks to be back firing at the moment. Let’s just hope it doesn’t get quite as bad as Everton’s situation. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Conspiracy theory alert...

I wonder if SG hates us so much that he is determined to destroy us and get us relegated whilst picking up a large compensation when he gets sacked?

Nah, I’m sure’s he absolutely desperate to turn this mess around. I think the truly stressful thing at the moment for him will be that the Liverpool job is so far from reach,  it’s disappeared over the horizon. I reckon that must be really eating him up inside. So whilst I doubt he cares that much for Villa, I know he really cares about that Liverpool job. 

I actually think we might even see some drastic action today in turns of team selection and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him finally drop McGinn.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I wonder if SG hates us so much that he is determined to destroy us and get us relegated whilst picking up a large compensation when he gets sacked?

I think he's just massively out of his dept. I think he's stressed that his managerial shortcomings are exposed and that his name is being tarnished. But at the same time I think his ego is getting in the way him making changes that I'm sure he must see needs to be made. He's not a moron, he's stubborn and probably not used to things not going his way. Doesn't feel like a humble guy who would admit he was wrong about stuff.

25 years of media training doesn't help you on the pitch. Saying the right things and then not acting on them would get a foreign manager with a less famous named called out in the media.

Still feels like it's a all about that Liverpool job for him. Best case scenario he walks before his chances are completely gone.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I had a dream last night that Gerrard was sacked after the Man City game tonight and that Claudio Ranieri was appointed… not sure how I feel about that, but it must’ve been all the cheese I ate before bed

🤷🏽‍♂️ Still an improvement 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I had a dream last night that Gerrard was sacked after the Man City game tonight and that Claudio Ranieri was appointed… not sure how I feel about that, but it must’ve been all the cheese I ate before bed

Must be playing on all our minds as I dreamt about Villa last night. 

In my dream, we got relegated by Christmas and he was still in charge. More of a nightmare than a dream. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andym said:

Pretty much every goal you concede can be put down to an individual mistake somewhere, but actually having a well coached, organised team that has a setup that suits, limits the opportunities for mistakes to occur.

And funny that i cant remember him bemoaning the indivudual error of a player failing to track a run that lead to the west ham winner, but then that was his captain who apparently is infallible.

The whole idea of improving by stamping out individual errors is wrong to me. That’s managing a football team like an assembly line. Of course we want to make fewer mistakes but we also want creativity and people taking initiatives. A focus on individual mistakes will create nervous players and a culture of blaming others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

No he's just shit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The whole idea of improving by stamping out individual errors is wrong to me. That’s managing a football team like an assembly line. Of course we want to make fewer mistakes but we also want creativity and people taking initiatives. A focus on individual mistakes will create nervous players and a culture of blaming others.

Also, maybe it's his bollocks tactics that are more often exposing players to situations in which they are prone to making mistakes

39 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

"This team has shown it is capable."

... what a **** prick. 

This team has shown the exact opposite. 

It is incapable of beating any team that shows any semblance of form. Because as soon as the opposition gets its tactics right we do not win, and we barely ever draw. 

We do not battle back from losing positions unless the team we are playing is pretty awful

We barely score once the opposition scores. Again showing lack of a plan .

He is on the verge of being the worst manager in our history.  And this isnt a team with Chris Herd Barry Bannan Eric Lichaj  weimann, etc etc. 

This is a team that has had 300 mill spent on it. 

Everything that comes out of this mans mouth is total crap.  Talks a good game. But when it is actual game time. He spouts bollox. 

To be honest what would you expect him to say here? He cant crucify the players or everyone will say he has thrown them over the bus.

That part i cant criticise him for. He should be saying i need to find a formula that gets more out of the team. So far we havebt been very successful but i am determined to change that

33 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Nah, I’m sure’s he absolutely desperate to turn this mess around. I think the truly stressful thing at the moment for him will be that the Liverpool job is so far from reach,  it’s disappeared over the horizon. I reckon that must be really eating him up inside. So whilst I doubt he cares that much for Villa, I know he really cares about that Liverpool job. 

I actually think we might even see some drastic action today in turns of team selection and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him finally drop McGinn.

He might well drop McGinn as a last throw of the dice. I'm sure it won't make any difference as it looks like he has lost the support of the players now. still bye, bye stevie for me.

1 hour ago, andym said:

Pretty much every goal you concede can be put down to an individual mistake somewhere, but actually having a well coached, organised team that has a setup that suits, limits the opportunities for mistakes to occur.

And funny that i cant remember him bemoaning the indivudual error of a player failing to track a run that lead to the west ham winner, but then that was his captain who apparently is infallible.

Get more and more an insight into his playing career. He was told to go out and do what he does, get stuck in and smash volleys into the top corner, while the adults in midfield behind him took care of the football. No wonder he and Lampard “didn’t work together”.

Edited by a m ole

42 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I still can’t get over how every single player in the squad has got progressively worse since Gerrard came in. Even Martinez isn’t the player he was at the start of last season.

It’s almost as if Gerrard has this strict teacher approach to management and if you **** up he will let you and everyone else know about it. This may have worked 20 years ago when he was at the top of his game as a player, but not now.

I genuinely thought he’d have us playing dynamic football in a budget Klopp kind of way, but he doesn’t actually know how to coach. All he knew at Rangers was to constantly replace players in the squad in the hope that something would click. That’s fine when you are more or less guaranteed top 2 in the league, but you can’t do that in the PL.

Hopefully he is asked to stay behind after the match tonight and told to piss off and go cosy up next to Carragher and Souness as he seems to be great at telling players how crap they are.

When you think about Liverpool these days it feels like a club managed with modern ideas. But when Gerrard was playing, they were managed by people like Benitez, Hodgson and Dalglish. Since Gerrard never changed clubs that’s where his ideas about football come from, Klopp is a very different era.

It goes against every grain of being a Villa Fan, but those there tonight need to find a way to support the team whilst ensuring there is no doubt about what the fans feel about Gerrard.

This is like the last days of Bruce, the same taint, the same beleaguered players, the same lack of expectations.  It took the fans to ensure the final push happened, it needs to happen again for the sake of these players, the team and the club.

Edited by macandally
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â