Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Gerrard is now starting to feel like a girl I've moved into my gaff before realising I don't really like her that much. Now I just want her gone because everything is becoming an irritation. Talks shite, keeps leaving a mess around the place and always having annoying friends round. The fat bird with a big arse who drinks iron brew non stop. Her other little friend from Brasil who just sits there doing nothing with her legs dangling over the sofa. Worst of all she's stared inviting her other friends around. Doner kebab and Bedcack or something along them lines. I'm not happy.

Hope it works out for you pal.

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Gerrard is now starting to feel like a girl I've moved into my gaff before realising I don't really like her that much. Now I just want her gone because everything is becoming an irritation. Talks shite, keeps leaving a mess around the place and always having annoying friends round. The fat bird with a big arse who drinks iron brew non stop. Her other little friend from Brasil who just sits there doing nothing with her legs dangling over the sofa. Worst of all she's stared inviting her other friends around. Doner kebab and Bedcack or something along them lines. I'm not happy.

Can you tell my mum we miss her

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So 18 points from the next 11 games, or 6 wins in the next 11 games.  Assuming we lose to Man City, which most teams will it’s 6 wins in 10 games.  That’s a big ask especially with our form this calendar year and would be turning relegation form of 3 points in 5 games suddenly to Champions League form of 18 points from 11 games.

Shouldn't be that big an ask. If we are aiming for Europe ultimately that's the results we need to be getting. 1.5ppg is same as win one, lose one, so 6 from 11 isn't crazy expectation at this point to recover the season. Especially when we play Leicester, Saints, Leeds, Forest, Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle and Brighton in those 11 games.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Has he been seen yet. Post match interviews or any comments on the transfers?

He did a presser earlier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Shouldn't be that big an ask. If we are aiming for Europe ultimately that's the results we need to be getting. 1.5ppg is same as win one, lose one, so 6 from 11 isn't crazy expectation at this point to recover the season. Especially when we play Leicester, Saints, Leeds, Forest, Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle and Brighton in those 11 games.

I don’t think we were ever going to be challenging for Europe before the season started but we look even further from that now.  Your maths all makes sense on paper and we should be ultimately but we look and have looked so far from anything like that for all this year, for it to turn around that dramatically would be a miracle under the play, tactics and cohesion we are displaying at the moment.  Most of those teams you mention look far more at it, better equipped and determined than us at the moment.  It really worries me how little I expect from those games you mention.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

For the record, it wouldn’t be enough for me. But my guess is Purslow would accept that for now.

I don't think Purslow would personally. 5 points from 8 games. Smith went with 10 from 11 on a 5 game losing run. We'd be 6 without a win and needing 2 wins from next three to better Smith at sacking point.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

At the moment we are probably aiming to not get relegated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think we were ever going to be challenging for Europe before the season started but we look even further from that now.  Your maths all makes sense on paper and we should be ultimately but we look and have looked so far from anything like that for all this year, for it to turn around that dramatically would be a miracle under the play, tactics and cohesion we are displaying at the moment.  Most of those teams you mention look far more at it, better equipped and determined than us at the moment.  It really worries me how little I expect from those games you mention.

I think it was the club's aim to be pushing for around 7th, with 50 points at lower end of what would be acceptable. Will need to start getting back on course for that fairly quickly if Gerrard is to remain in post, which will require the kind of targets I'm judging him on and would hope the club are as well. Not saying at all we look right now like we'll achieve it, but equally don't think a big turnaround with a decent run of games is impossible.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

At the moment we are probably aiming to not get relegated.

Preseason that would almost certainly have been the aim. The club was pretty much saying as much. If we don't do it this season and Gerrard is to stay he'd need to show the kind of form from now to end of season that might get us there without such a bad start.

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

I think it was the club's aim to be pushing for around 7th, with 50 points at lower end of what would be acceptable. Will need to start getting back on course for that fairly quickly if Gerrard is to remain in post, which will require the kind of targets I'm judging him on and would hope the club are as well. Not saying at all we look right now like we'll achieve it, but equally don't think a big turnaround with a decent run of games is impossible.

Fair enough! I think Gerrard is already half way out the door and there is no way back.  I think a turn around can happen but under a new manager, starting with a new manager bounce and then hopefully the new manager can then get a tune out of these players longer term.  

I’m not sure Gerrard knows how to change, wants to change or can change so I don’t see how the issues on the pitch or the results change enough to head up the table sufficiently to be satisfactory for any of us.

I’m just now waiting on the next manager and hope we get somebody that’s going to help us, has a bit of luck and we can develop under them.  I think behind the scenes the change is being made and will happen over the coming week or two.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's 80% good stuff this.

And 20% shielding Gerrard silliness.

Behind a paywall so I’ll take your word on it.

Edit: just been able to read it, I agree with you.  Thought it was going to be a complete defence of his mate but wasn’t.  Obviously some silliness in there and I don’t think Carra realises how unhappy the fan base are but wasn’t to bad from Gerrard’s bestie.  

Edited by nick76

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â