Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Obviously the situation we find ourselves in isn't ideal, it is great however watching people like Jamie Carragher say absolutely nothing about how terrible his mate Gerrard is doing with us, to my knowledge he hasn't said a thing about how bad we are.  He wasn't so tight lipped when Ole was struggling at United.   

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You think that was the first meeting?

Entirely possible the photoshoot took place during their first meeting. Neither player mentioned Gerrard in their interviews, pretty surr neither suggested they'd spoke to him.

Posted 7:40am so either took place late last night after they were both confirmed, or really early this morning. Not exactly much time outside of that to have had a meet up. 

Alternatively, we've been tracking these players for weeks and trying to get them over the line, but couldn't so Gerrard went to see them yesterday at their houses and persuaded them to join due to the project. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Obviously the situation we find ourselves in isn't ideal, it is great however watching people like Jamie Carragher say absolutely nothing about how terrible his mate Gerrard is doing with us, to my knowledge he hasn't said a thing about how bad we are.  He wasn't so tight lipped when Ole was struggling at United.   

Oh contraire:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would you come out and publicly blast your friend over his job if in a similar situation?

I don't get why people find friends protecting their mates odd?

They aren't Villa fans either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's clearly not being sacked regardless of the result against city. 

So are we just hoping we can get points to survive now? 

You have to fear that “look at Arteta” might be enough for Purslow and co.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would you come out and publicly blast your friend if in a similar situation?

I don't get why people find friends protecting their mates odd?

They aren't Villa fans either.

Who said anything about blasting him? 

5 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

You have to fear that “look at Arteta” might be enough for Purslow and co.

Yes. I'm starting to get a bad feeling that they're going to stick with him - until it really is too late. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not a bad article and some fair points. No need for the Everton comparison, completely different situations as he pointed out. 

He glosses over just how bad its been though. 

And the best argument he can come up with is we knew what we were getting.  When that's the best point you can make about your "hero and best friend", then I think that says it all.

He was set expectations,  he agreed to those expectations, they haven't been met, by some distance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes. I'm starting to get a bad feeling that they're going to stick with him - until it really is too late. 

I'm convinced they will. I genuinely think he might get till March next year unless we seriously get cut away from survival. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not a bad article and some fair points. No need for the Everton comparison, completely different situations as he pointed out. 

Does point out Gerrard made a mistake with Mings. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, it wasn’t a bad article, he didn’t give him a total free pass and stated the whole Mings captaincy issue was a mistake, certainly in the manner he did it. But skims over just how dire we’ve been and compares the fans negatively to Everton’s support of Lampard which is different and also the match going fans have largely been behind him. They were singing his name in the first half against West Ham, they only turned after yet another toothless display. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm convinced they will. I genuinely think he might get till March next year unless we seriously get cut away from survival. 

Oh they absolutely will unless we lose the next 3 games. If we see the team efforts drop etc..

Gerrard needs to learn from his mistake, the approach that worked at Rangers doesn't work at Villa in the Prem. The league is too intense, too fast and physical. 

He needs to change the system and he needs some luck to pick up a win in the next 3 games. Then has the international break to regroup and get the new system embedded more

• Like 1

So Gerrard's media mates are saying that he is learning at Villa and we should expect ups and downs.

That's great, sadly the downs for us under Gerrard will be down to the Championship.

The reason Gerrard isn't learning from his mistakes is because he won't acknowledge that he has actually made any and consistently shifts the blame on to the players or unfortunate slices of luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â