Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Didn't happen that way for Smith...  We fooked about for two weeks doing interviews with gems like Fat Frank and Roberto Martinez for the entirety of an international break before mumblemouth Steve was announced.  

That was all definitely fake though. 

Today's signings do feel like 'club' signings. Bednarek is a long term target of Lange and is a prime 'statto' signing. His numbers look good even if performances don't excite the imagination.

Dendoncker just doesn't strike me as a Gerrard style buy - he's too run of the mill, does a simple, specific job to a certain extent. I would not be surprised if again he's a player the club has identified as meeting a key need.

Which suggests maybe, if this is the case, that the club is acting in the knowledge the manager is done.

Which he basically is. The minute the story became 4 games to save himself he was done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Who is Bill Broun? Is he random or actually knows anything?

He's a completely clueless American who loves Villa.

(It's just a guess. I don't think it pretends to be ITK -- wasn't my intention. Truly just a guess, mate -- and a hope. I think every minute he stays the bitterness grows.)

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I dont think he is going yet 😅

there i said it.

Most likely he will be gone the day after a match, or the first weekday after a match. It doesn’t make sense to sack two days after a match. It also leaves just one day for the temporary manager to prepare for the ManC games. There is a risk that Gerrard’s coaches will walk out with him, that would mean the club have no obvious choice that can be in charge on Saturday.

In conclusion I’m pretty sure (and disappointed) that Gerrard will be in charge on Saturday.

I'm genuinely curious if anyone stills wants him here? Before Arsenal there were still some people staying positive, not seeing that much now..

This isn't a dig btw for those that like to read into things...

How bad will the defeat have to be on Saturday for him to go? 5? 6? 7? 

You can tell how bad it is when Bournemouth have only scored in one game and that was against us and, we were the first team West Ham scored against. I'm dreading the scoreline on Saturday. 

It's amazing how much of an easy ride he's gotten from the media. Ole was getting slaughtered for a bad run and he got United 2nd, 3rd, a European semifinal and a European final. This guy has done absolutely nothing and he's getting leeway like he's Pep Guardiiola or something. I hope this is the last football nepotism appointment we ever make. 

• Like 2

Â