Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

9 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Please don’t ask me to explain myself, because I don’t have any complicated rationale. But I find myself today back in the tiny, rotten tomato 🍅-smeared Keep Gerard Camp. No that anybody should care what I think, but it’s definitely on my mind.

I just have a feeling he’s going to figure it out if given a few more games. I think if we lose the next three matches, it will be irrevocable.

Emotionally, I do feel angry at his failures, and angry at the players, but I just have a gut sense, in the full knowledge that my gut senses have often brought me disaster in my personal life, that’s sticking with Stevie G is the way to go.

So there you go. Count me a fool. I don’t think Arsenal and ManCity losses will throw me off this, but a Leicester loss would really tell me we’re doomed with him. The question is, will he be given a chance to play that Leicester match? 

I think it's really good to read different opinions, even though I want him out as soon as possible, I do understand ppl who are more patient. Looking at how we have played, it hasn't been a catastrophe, not like for example the spring when we went down. And we actually don't know what's going on behind teh scenes, though I want to blame Gerrard for it. I think part of why I don't like Gerrard is that I wanted Smith to be given more time and that it was unjust to sack him, it makes me demand more of Gerrard. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just a hypothetical for you: would four points from the next two games help change anyone's mind about Gerrard? 

I think we’ll probably get at least one point from those, partly because we sometimes perform a bit better when we play on the counter and because football is a strange old game.

I’m sure that point will make some people rethink and SG could end up getting some more time. Until we lose 4-0 to Southampton.

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just a hypothetical for you: would four points from the next two games help change anyone's mind about Gerrard? 

It would be an incredible turnaround and he would keep his job for sure.  It would involve a complete change in his tactics that I can't really see happening, either that or some sort of plague striking both Arsenal and City.  

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yes. If he manage to get four points from the next two games, I would look into what changed from the first four games and try to understand if those changes could be used in upcoming games or the progress was just a once of. But all that is hypothetical, Gerrard would not change, and he will start with, Kamara, McGinn and Ramsey in midfield and Luiz on the bench.

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I guess it would partly depend on the manner of the results, did we fluke the win, did we throw away a 2 goal lead for the draw…

On the face of it, 4 points would be very, very good, it might give me pause for thought but it would be academic if we then followed it up with poor results against Leicester and Southampton.

So in short, it would pause things for me, rather than drastically change my mind. My hand would still be on the trap door trigger for the time being.

I don't know if it's because of inexperience, a slip of the tounge or him being daft, but I disagree with him saying that he hopes 2 or 3 players will leave as he feels they are frustrated by not having enough playing time.

A question Stevie - if they don't leave, how smart do you think it is to say publicly that you want them to leave? Do you think they will be motivated to get back into the team then? It's kind of the school book of creating a divide and creating a toxic environment. 

It's your job to get the best out of the players at your disposal.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An 3 wins from 16 games, may aswell say 17, cause we ain't beating Man City.

If things goes as we fear over the next two games, there is no need to include numbers from last season.

After Saturday the number for this season only will be:

3 points of 18 available

0.5 points per game

Estimated points total after 38 games: 19

The number is just to bad for this to continue.

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

If things goes as we fear over the next two games, there is no need to include numbers from last season.

After Saturday the number for this season only will be:

3 points of 18 available

0.5 points per game

Estimated points total after 38 games: 19

The number is just to bad for this to continue.

Purslow might wanna give him time  but he board won't put up with it. It's putting their finances and reputation in tatters.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He picked up 1 point from from 24 against the top 6 last season, and that was against the 6th placed team. I've never bet on anything in my life, but if they were offering odds on this I'd probably lump it all on him not being able to pick up 4 points in the next 2.

And we were hopeful we’d get a good cup run 

Happy for Gerrard to stay if he can turn this around. I won’t be sad if he goes other than it’s meant more losses …

He needs to learn and quick and sadly we are paying the price for amongst other things his inexperience and naivety. The the stats are indefensible so he cannot be given much more time to try and turn things around before they’ll hopefully act to save the season. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â