Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I always take issue with the notion that a manager has until x game to turn it around. What then? Our form is so poor, but a win against Southampton and the counter resets at 0?

The club will take a holistic view, and I'd be very surprised if replacements aren't already being sounded out. Especially with the apparent unrest in the dressing room on top of results and fan pressure. A result against Leicester or Southampton won't be enough to save him. I mean, it would be the first time a manager gets the boot after a win. He's already gone - the club are just deciding when. 

Started season aiming for Europe , so I don't think getting a result against one of the few teams below us is going to be enough. I don't think we will beat City or Arsenal but worse I suspect one or both is going to batter us inflicting more of a confidence hit on a team that looks all over the place as it is .

We have been here so many times as Villa fans there is no coming back for SG at this point

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I always take issue with the notion that a manager has until x game to turn it around. What then? Our form is so poor, but a win against Southampton and the counter resets at 0?

The club will take a holistic view, and I'd be very surprised if replacements aren't already being sounded out. Especially with the apparent unrest in the dressing room on top of results and fan pressure. A result against Leicester or Southampton won't be enough to save him. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a manager gets the boot after a win. He's already gone - the club are just deciding when. 

I think we’re at the stage that he has until we’ve got a replacement pretty much ready to walk into BMH. I can’t see any obvious caretaker for a game or two so I think we’ll have his replacement more or less on board, unless we lose 14-0 to City or Arsenal then they’ll sack him on the spot. 

Not sure thisbis the right place for this, and it's probably irrelevant, but the official twitter has never been so quiet.

One post today, and its a shout out to a previous player who's retiring today due to injury (Nathan Baker). 

It could be because it's a bank holiday.  It could be because it's a rest day post game day. But football doesnt even work around bank Holidays, and usually the day after a game it's a fair bit busier. 

I'm convinced something is happening behind the scenes pending a big announcement.

I haven’t seen a Villa Manager get so much press on a potential sacking like this.

Percy, Talksport ect..

The damning thing is that they are not just questioning the results but his ability to coach,  team selection and disharmony in the dressing room.

The writing is very much on the wall.. 

He could be gone next week Monday..

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Really looking forward to him walking Would help up out!

What we actually need is a new midfielder, but we need to spend £20m sacking Gerrard and his team.

Oh dear.

you never cease to amaze me.

11 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I haven’t seen a Villa Manager get so much press on a potential sacking like this.

Percy, Talksport ect..

The damning thing is that they are not just questioning the results but his ability to coach,  team selection and disharmony in the dressing room.

The writing is very much on the wall.. 

He could be gone next week Monday..

I think there are some legitimate claims......but I also think some of them smack of Bandwagon and are just speculative, fervour.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think there are some legitimate claims......but I also think some of them smack of Bandwagon and are just speculative, fervour.

You still aren’t on the SG train are you? Surely not

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You still aren’t on the SG train are you? Surely not

there's parallels with Bruce's level of coaching ;)

what I find hard to believe is Gerrard played for some top managers and coaches, in really well coached teams. How the **** does he look at what we do daily at bodymoor and think it's ok if the results are like they are? You'd think he'd know what top level conditioning looks like, he would have seen Klopp work too. The mind boggles.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Bandwagon? Come on. How have you come to that conclusion? In Percy’s case he’s clearly got inside scoop from the club. Then we have the facts on the pitch and the results under him as well.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

People said He was only here as a stepping stone for the Liverpool job.

Well I don't think we need to worry about them calling for him any time soon 

I always thought that was a red herring anyway.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â