Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

No it's not fact I made it up. So lets see what happens, but I don't think he will be sacked just yet, we get this with a lot of managers, they get to the stage where most fans think they're on the brink of the sack, but it they usually get a run of games before it actually happens. Can be frustrating, but I think that's the period we're in now.

1 minute ago, useless said:

No it's not fact I made it up. So lets see what happens, but I don't think he will be sacked just yet, we get this with a lot of managers, they get to the stage where most fans think they're on the brink of the sack, but it they usually get a run of games before it actually happens. Can be frustrating, but I think that's the period we're in now.

I think that period was the first handful of games.  The season ended poorly, we haven’t really invested in the summer even when Gerrard is banging on about a No.8 and we still have no incoming CB to cover Carlos with only 4 days left.  The performances so far this season has done nothing to enhance that and it’s too coincidental that the owners are here today of all days.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Whats the point of keeping him. I understand your angle of being the opposite but this is crap

Why should he stay? Name one positive

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think this is a very balanced and good post, and I agree that changing manager too quickly may hamper getting new managers. The main problem for me is that I have seen no progress. We gained some points initially, but that was mainly because we parked the bus, kept tight and nicked some wins, we had some luck and a new manager bounce, but didn't fully deserve those points. Then when trying to build our own identity it went downwards. After the winter break we played worse and now after the summer break there is no improvement at all despite the investments made over the last year.

It was telling last season, early 2022, when there was a league break and Gerrard was happy to finally get time to work with the players on the training pitch. And when they returned, they were clearly worse.

The more time SG has had with the squad, the worse it has become. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Whats the point of keeping him. I understand your angle of being the opposite but this is crap

Why should he stay? Name one positive

Literally can't think of one positive...not one

• Like 1

The last 15 games under Gerrard, Villa have won three games, and two of them were against teams no longer in the Premier League. And the other was Everton. And Everton don't really count. So of the non Everton sides that are still in the premier league, Villa have won none of the last 12. None. Zero wins. It's very hard to defend that

• Sad 1

I'm also worried about the way he is handling the players, freezing out Sanson and shipping away Traore for example. Sanson may be difficult to deal with , kicking bottles when substituted etc, but Dean Smith handled him. Gerrard seems to take the easy way out and just freeze him out, that's not leadership, and it's wasting millions of investment in the club. We are crying out for creativity, but we haven't managed to get the best out of Traore. The handling of Mings doesn't smell well. Chuckwuemecka I don't know the story with, but he obviously wanted to leave. Now we have Archer who only gets a few minutes despite us loosing and hm being a bright spark and very promising player. Buendia I dont understand how much loyality he has with being second choice to Coutinho despite overperforming him. Luiz I understand if he hesitates to sign a new contract when Ramsey and McGinn is getting picked over him.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

People massively ignore those issues that summer to claim Dean was rightly sacked. 

On that basis you could argue Gerrard also lost his assistant during the summer. 

(btw I’m not in that stance but you can’t have one without the other. For me we went as far as we could with Smith, and likewise with Gerrard.)

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Sadly I think he’s going to be given a fair bit of time, he’s cleaver at blaming the previous regime and lack of mentality in the players 

Ah yeah the last manager got 55 points and eh you know made it difficult for me getting similar even though have nearly doubled the wage bill

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Liverpool should have to pay us compensation, we've saved them from ever hiring this muppet...

He's probably upset we beat them 7-2 and this is a revenge mission to make sure it never happens again. Relegate us with a massive wage bill.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

He's probably upset we beat them 7-2 and this is a revenge mission to make sure it never happens again. Relegate us with a massive wage bill.

No we ruined his birthday that was even worse for Stevie Me

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â