Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Gerrard isn't going anywhere any time soon!

Some really need to get used to this fact, too much has gone into the appointment for it to be changed.

How much will it cost us when we get relegated.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Hardly going to say we want to finish mid table or bottom half are they. The are wrong to lift expectations though.

I know. But my point is its not the fans over rating the players. We've spent money and signed proven talent in order to get into that top half. 

• Like 1

So, we should just suffer and slide down the table for the sake of Purslow’s pet project?

Na, not on board with that, not on board with that at all..

Going to be left in the dust by other teams at this rate…

Not happy for the club to be used as a trial period or learning experience for such a poor manager…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

I was unsure of Gerrard at the start. I supported him and will continue to do so.

I understood that maybe we didn't have the right team for him at the start, he needed a window or two. Maybe he needed a pre-season. Maybe he needed to choose his own captain or get more time with his own coaching team with the players.

So far he's had everything I can think the club could give him. I don't see a style of play or a game plan.

Yes, as somebody who was sceptical at the start, naturally my fuse is maybe shorter than it would have been with Dean.

But, it's not from an irrational dislike of Gerrard, it's important that's understood. Having played this game before with Lerner & O'Neil, I'm just concerned that Gerrard is wasting our chance, perhaps one of our last chances, at breaking the Top 6, Top 4, making something meaningful. 

The plan, desire, investment is all there, better then under Lerner infact. This feels more realistic than it did under Lerner. The stakes, money and competition are all bigger and harder than in 2007 but it feels so professionally run that we can make this work....

The coaching and the management is not at the same level currently. Hopefully it comes, but my short temper is because I see us making mistakes we've made before - not because I'm irrationally and determinedly Gerrard Out since November.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Some really need to get used to this fact, too much has gone into the appointment for it to be changed.

Not sure where you get your comment from, cause it's certainly not fact. If he don't start winning games, he'll be gone. Purslow might put up with him, but the owners certainly won't!

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

We won't get relegated....worst that happens is that we don't progress for a few seasons, but that's the likely time frame you are looking at before a change is made.

I'm not saying its the right thing, just that some need to get used to it.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

We won't get relegated....worst that happens is that we don't progress for a few seasons, but that's the likely time frame you are looking at before a change is made.

I'm not saying its the right thing, just that some need to get used to it.

And by then the whole squad will be over the hill. We go again.

20 minutes ago, Dale said:

Their squad isn't especially strong though. Last week they introduced a Longstaff, Krafth, Wood and Jacob Murphy from the bench. Started Joelinton, Burn, Willock, Almiron... They're outperforming and the £200M is a result of years of underinvestment.

Eddie would get more from this squad. Of that I've no doubt. 

Sherwood would get more out of this squad than Gerrard is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Whilst I agree with this, I would not be surprised at all if a loss tomorrow leaves VP becoming Toxic at the end. Especially if we lose 3 more in a row 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

At least 200 million. Its why we dumped Deano who was taking us down. Happily Purslow & Gerrard got us out of that mess. If Gerrard gets us in relegation trouble he will also be gone. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure where you get your comment from, cause it's certainly not fact. If he don't start winning games, he'll be gone. Purslow might put up with him, but the owners certainly won't!

He sure will but it won't be any time soon. 

25 minutes ago, sne said:

And by then the whole squad will be over the hill. We go again.

Welcome to the best league in the world! 

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Arsenal is a depressing comparison. As recently as 2020 and 2021 we beat them in the league three times in a row, not even conceding a goal. They had serious problems and the general feeling was we were closing in on them.

Now a comparison is laughable.

Arsenal gave their manager time. 

One thing I’ve hardly seen mentioned: however happy or miserable VT members are, there are uncontrollable catalysts that can change everything — and often do: If SG loses the dressing room and big players go public. If the stands go toxic. Etc. Or the reverse of these. Such factors can and do alter the speed of things. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

One thing I’ve hardly seen mentioned: however happy or miserable VT members are, there are uncontrollable catalysts that can change everything — and often do: If SG loses the dressing room and big players go public. If the stands go toxic. Etc. Or the reverse of these. Such factors can and do alter the speed of things. 

To be fair you know, I was just thinking,  think the lack of more aggressive " marquee " transfer activity ( So far, and to the public ) so far, hasn't helped. Especially in areas we blatantly need improvement.

OBS doesn't mean nothing is happening, but I don't think it helps to ease worries from some people either.

Also as a part of human nature, people are looking at all the signings and mooted signings by close competitors and see us being " left in the dust ".

If they already have no faith in SG with what we already have it makes it even worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

And a large transfer budget, & he showed them somewhat of a style of play

They had no style when we beat them 3 times. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He sure will but it won't be any time soon. 

Ahh, this old comment.

Goes along with "He ain't going anywhere", "It'll take alot more than 5 loses", "The board will give him the time, "There is no one else we could get".

We have been here before with Smith, a Villa man, most were wrong. If he loses tomorrow against the Spam, he'll be on his last legs, cause we ain't beating Arsenal or Man City with Gerrard at the helm.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â