Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The fact that the account uses an unrelated court appearance from years ago to bash Gerrard is really embarrassing. It has nothing to do with the situation now. Just blind hatred for the man. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Chucked away the guy that brought the fan base and the club back together after years and years of toxicity. And for things to just get worse.

Not surprised fans will start to feel like that. 

It's not because Smith was (rightly) sacked, it's because Gerrard is making a complete hash of things.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's not because Smith was (rightly) sacked, it's because Gerrard is making a complete hash of things.

Agree it was time for Smith to go.

If you told me the replacement was Gerrard I'd have said we'll have to ride this out with Smith. Can't do something as silly as that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s because you no that ain’t happening. 🤣 

Not my fault. Having 13 points from 8 games is acceptable. Why should my standards be lower when the manager is Mr High Standards

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dan Rolinson from Claret and Blue.

"I don't know if it's just me, but I feel very disengaged with the club at the moment"

I have been like this for months. Had Zero excitement for this season, didnt even bother doing a fantasy football team the enthusiasm has been crushed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have been like this for months. Had Zero excitement for this season, didnt even bother doing a fantasy football team the enthusiasm has been crushed

I just recently came back on here after feeling like that for YEARS. This kinda' sucks. 😅

But I've been here since 2004. I've seen us VT:ers shit the bed so many times now. 🤣

13 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I really like Pete and his channel and he makes many good points in this video, but he's being quite selective here.

He doesn't mention the complete lack of progress, the previous season of poor performances, and if you are going to ask for patience and to give him time then you need to balance that with reasons to do so, but the lack of any discernible positives to how we are playing right now makes that pretty much impossible.

I don't buy the financial argument either, yes it costs money to pay him off and get the next guy in, but it's not going to be anywhere near the £25m we seemed happy to chuck at Watford for a player in a position we hardly need. 

Keeping a bad manager just because it costs some money to change would be the worst decision financially.

Qualifying for Europe would bring huge money, every place in the league table is worth 2m, a relegation would cost 100s of millions. Not to mention the damage to the brand by constant underperforming, losing potential sponsor deals et cetera.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You know fully well unless your trolling its complete different context to the reigns

Why not mention the VAR was turned off and Covid saved us from going down

And you know full well that these accounts are doing the exact same thing - falsely trying to claim he’s got a worse record than Garde 

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Smith lost 56% of his 87 PL matches for us and was rightly sacked. But I don’t see these so-called objective stats pages treating him as they do with Gerrard. 

Surely not serious.

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Combination of both. If Gerrard replaced a Bruce or Mcleish I doubt the feeling of connection with the club would change. But he replaced a popular manager who brought the club back and rebuilt that positivity. 

And it feels now like that was all for nothing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Different perspective from Pete " Can we...just...calm the f*ck down ? We're 3 weeks into a new season, and it's gone from zero to utter hysteria in 3 match days " etc . Very good and balanced watch to be fair, also goes a little into Dean Smith, the ramifications of sacking a Manager. Media and Fan noise in the UK , Purslow, the board etc.  Also has a little go at people questioning the owners.

I really like this channel and he makes some good points. 

But, I don't agree with just sticking with something because you're supposed to give it time. 

But he does raise an interesting point. We're so financially invested in this project it makes it hard to walk away. Makes me think of poker when you're so committed with betting that you have to just see it through instead of doing the sensible thing of folding. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’m talking about this

it’s full of false stats and using an unrelated photo from a time Gerrard appeared in court. That’s not healthy. 

Oh I agree. 

I thought you were saying there should have been these things for Smiths record. 

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The fact that the account uses an unrelated court appearance from years ago to bash Gerrard is really embarrassing. It has nothing to do with the situation now. Just blind hatred for the man. 

Indeed, I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous. I can fully understand wanting him to go, but this current mood is just toxic, and quite frankly sick. Worst part of social media and the Internet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Oh I agree. 

I thought you were saying there should have been these things for Smiths record. 

Apologies if my initial post wasn’t clear. I’m just very tired of this toxicity. None of us are happy and the performances just far below what we expect. People with agendas aren’t helping stuff by putting false information out there. 

• Like 1

I know many won't agree but I genuinely think the toxicity has come quick because of who he replaced. Smith was a very popular manager. There was always a small group on here that didn't like him but that was not replicated at Villa Park and around the fan base. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â