Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Im comparing,managers and how much time each one has had in the job and how much each one has spent.Put all that together and ask yourself which mamager has had the best return for the time and $$$ spent.

The real point is,though that the only way to get into the european places is by having a manager that has done that and been there,someone like Poch.No way are we going to qualify for europe with the standard of manager we have been hiring.SB,DS,SG,McStupid,etc etc etc.FFS,get an A list manager and get on with it.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Just joking here but… you could say, doing better than United, Liverpool, West Ham, Leicester, Wolves and Everton.

And only a point off Chelsea and only 4 points off City. 

I can see  United, Liverpool, West Ham, Leicester, Wolves and Everton.all getting better and climbing up the table.Sadly I cant see that with SG.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I agree, nothing against Critchley but that scares me.

Yes, it is. Good thing it's just your vivid imagination then. 😅

Stop panicking lads! It won't help one bit. You guys are just triggering each other by painting various nightmare scenarios you think up. It's certainly ok to be critical, but it's not good for mental health. Mine included. 😉

Just now, daft said:

Yes, it is. Good thing it's just your vivid imagination then. 😅

Stop panicking lads! It won't help one bit. You guys are just triggering each other by painting various nightmare scenarios you think up. It's certainly ok to be critical, but it's not good for mental health. Mine included. 😉

Well keeping Gerrard is the worst case scenario and that seems to be happening!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Well keeping Gerrard is the worst case scenario and that seems to be happening!

Worst case scenario is getting relegated, and we're not there yet. Yeah, I'd hate to be even in the scrap, but we aren't there yet. 

5 minutes ago, daft said:

Worst case scenario is getting relegated, and we're not there yet. Yeah, I'd hate to be even in the scrap, but we aren't there yet. 

Aren’t we? His ppg average in 2022 gets worse.  We don’t look good on the pitch, our next run of games is a real problem.  Do you actually want to wait until we are in the relegation scrap which seems inevitable than do something now? Look at the only teams we’ve beaten at the end of last season and to now, just poor relegation level teams.  We are basically there and it’s catching up with us.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, daft said:

We are looking like a side that will be though. 

We only beat very poor teams and performances are woeful. That's a team destined to be down there. 

• Like 4

Expectations are more than just avoiding being in a relegation battle this season, if we're not looking like we're going to be comfortably in the top half of the table after a certain amount of games then he will be in high danger of losing his job.

If we lose to West Ham that could be the beginning of the end, some talk about that game as if it's a write off for us, but it really shouldn't be, they're one of the worst form teams of 2022, they've taken less points than us and in fact most other teams in the division this year, if we can't beat them then that really is a bad sign.

That West Ham game vital for Gerrard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Expectations are more than just avoiding being in a relegation battle this season, if we're not looking like we're going to be comfortably in the top half of the table after a certain amount of games then he will be in high danger of losing his job.

If we lose to West Ham that could be the beginning of the end, some talk about that game as if it's a write off for us, but it really shouldn't be, they're one of the worst form teams of 2022, they've taken less points than us and in fact most other teams in the division this year, if we can't beat them then that really is a bad sign.

It sounds crazy this early but its a must win IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Aren’t we? His ppg average in 2022 gets worse.  We don’t look good on the pitch, our next run of games is a real problem.  Do you actually want to wait until we are in the relegation scrap which seems inevitable than do something now? Look at the only teams we’ve beaten at the end of last season and to now, just poor relegation level teams.  We are basically there and it’s catching up with us.

It's a possibility, but still far away. I am just saying keep some positivity and trust that if it comes to that, he'll surely be gone if we struggle that bad.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

A big physical team ? Then no doubt konsa mgginn Ramsey big phil are sure starters. Stuff putting Tim in or even doug to win and keep possession, we will go toe to toe with them physically, and lose 3 nil.

Most teams that are not man City or Liverpool will tweek the formation or players depending on who they are playing or in the game make those changes when it's clear how the games going to go if changes aren't made. Not our slippery scouser chum. 

We just need to work harder and be more committed, doesn't really do much when their 6 ft 3 players are being marked by 5ft 9 players ( or passive konsa)

I think most while not being happy about it, would take another thumping if it guaranteed a decent manager being brought in to train coach and manage the team with a team plan that didn't involve pass it around aimlessly at the back slowly till the opponents casually walk up to them causing them to panic and pass it to them or hope on the mings hoof for the 70/30% we get on the end of it.

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We are looking like a side that will be though. 

We only beat very poor teams and performances are woeful. That's a team destined to be down there. 

Well, then bet your house on it and make bank. 😅

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Full pre season

his coaching staff 

his players 

pressure free season last year to find his feet

and we’ve gone backwards

what rewards will giving him MORE time will we reap?

Exactly. The longer he stays, the worse we get.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But with the "head coach" we are well on the way to it. We have shown nothing since March

At this stage its only blind faith or stubbornness in backing him

I doubt the club goes on blind faith if they keep him. All I am saying is that it serves no purpose to just give in to absolute negativity. Keep some shreds of hope and criticize as much as we want. If they are running on blind faith it we won't be saved by sacking him tbf. 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Nah, I've stuck up for Stevie since his appointment, cos that's what you do with a manager. If it turns out he's rubbish, I'll support the new manager, because that's what you do (clue is in the word supporter). I'm not taking any 'I told you so' shit from people who wrote him off before a ball was kicked, no chance. Legitimate concerns leading to a withdrawal of support based on results, sure, but I'm not abiding any guff from those who had a premeditated agenda. They can do one.  

I don’t really get this - surely your first allegiance is to the club not the manager? Club should sit above any individual including the owners.

Also why do people always say this about managers but less so about players and owners? 

At the end of the day, we can hope things change and I think we’d all be delighted if they did - but ultimately we all want what’s best for the club and if that means no SG than we need to be able to be honest about that otherwise what’s the point. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â