Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

And you would prefer that over winning 3 and drawing two. Correct? 

Correct. I’m finished with Gerrard. Any improvements we might see are going to be the work of critchley. How long can that model work for? It sounds crazy I know,  but it’s been nearly a year of terrible football. Bad team selections, a terrible system, bad treatment of key players, non existent in game management, clear favouritism, the experiment is done. 

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They can't say anything else really. 

It doesn't mean much  

Agree they have to say that.  But I fear it could quickly come to a point where a huge majority of fans want Gerrard out, and Purslow surprise people with just how much time SG will be given to hopefully turn things around. 

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

Leicester and West Ham with where they are at should be winnable, along with Saints at home. Arsenal and City obvs expect defeats, but pretty much all our games under Gerrard against top sides have been tight. Plus we are unlikely to get done on the counter like Palace. VAR probably still screw us though.

The issue is any manager with half a brain will know how to beat us

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Funny thing is the “brains” Of his operation at QPR isn’t doing well either.

QPR are almost as much as an underachieving club as us. Difficult job to take on.

I am just hoping Gerrard falls onto a successful line up by accident. 

We will probably look better on Tuesday with the reserve line up.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Agree they have to say that.  But I fear it could quickly come to a point where a huge majority of fans want Gerrard out, and Purslow surprise people with just how much time SG will be given to hopefully turn things around. 

I think it's wrong but I'll think he'll get much more rope than Smith did.

Unless we are seriously in danger of going down say February/March time I can see them giving him loads of time even if we are no where near the top half. 

Purslow has decided he's the man to take us a step up  

He's going to get until the world cup at least and most likely if we are 15th or better he'll be given until the end of the season where a decision would be made if we are still in 14th/15th region. 

He's not in the job a year yet and a change of manager so quickly just seems rash especially if the players are still with him and working hard to learn and improve to the new style.

Two wins against Bolton and West Ham and things look better again. We're an up and down team still, win one or two and lose a few. 

I don't think he's anywhere near being sacked and we need to just hope he and his team get us playing. We looked good against Everton up until they scored. 

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Correct. I’m finished with Gerrard. Any improvements we might see are going to be the work of critchley. How long can that model work for? It sounds crazy I know,  but it’s been nearly a year of terrible football. Bad team selections, a terrible system, bad treatment of key players, non existent in game management, clear favouritism, the experiment is done. 

Wow

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Gerrard hasn't even had a season yet.

Football :D 

Agree to some extent but when you look at how other clubs have improved in a similar period or even shorter, and the investment and backing he's had, it's no surprise people are getting fed up. 

For me, time has to be earned. Giving a manager time isn't something that will lead to success. There has to be something to show that more investment in time will pay off. 

There's just nothing there to suggest it will at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Are we just making stuff up now?

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think it's wrong but I'll think he'll get much more rope than Smith did.

7 points from from our next 8, which are WHU ars MNC lei SOU lee for CHE, puts him with same record as Smith last season. Can't see him not getting sacked at that point or close to it. But also don't expect anything like as bad a return from those games.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Are we just making stuff up now?

What am I making up? We’ve constantly heard from Gerrard how we want to play, we even had the pre season he needed. We’re still the same. We’ve now tried to sign a right winger. Have you seen anything to suggest Gerrard is tactically able? Or is it the work of Michael beale and Neil critchley he relies on

5 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

7 points from from our next 8, which are WHU ars MNC lei SOU lee for CHE, puts him with same record as Smith last season. Can't see him not getting sacked at that point or close to it. But also don't expect anything like as bad a return from those games.

I'd be surprised if we aren't on around 7 pts from those games. If we don't beat West Ham Saturday then I don't see where we get those 7 pts from. 

I also don't think he'd be sacked if we match those points totals.

Edited by DCJonah

23 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

And that's cool, as I said I have no truck with reasonable opinions that have been formed on the basis of actual events and facts. 

Another poster on this thread (page 6) said that they hope that SG loses the first 5 games in charge and gets sacked. If that person tells me 'I told you so', I'm just not having it.

My guess is that the people who have taken time to consider their opinions, such as yourself, are not going to be the ones saying 'I told you so'.  

I would never want to align myself with someone like that, it’s not something I’ve picked up on. I just see frustration at continual poor performances and results.

There is no reason for “I told you so’s” and I have no desire to ever say that. My only desire is to see us become a successful side and my issue is that I have zero belief that that is possible under SG.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â