Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

The players are looking a bit dissociated from the manager, this was a whole team (apart from Martinez) playing well below par. We had a good platform from the last game but something is amiss. I for one do not like manger upheaval, I'd rather they were given time and got it right - he might need more time. But I've moved from patient to impatient. Let's see what he gives us the next 4 games, then move. 

Why are the player's so weak mentally?

We conceded early against Bournemouth and put on a pathetic showing. We conceded straight after scoring against Everton, which nearly cost us the game, and we conceded straight after our goal today and got battered.

Gerrard is not improving the players at all.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

We have West Ham, Arsenal and City coming up next.

I'm sure he can turn things around.

Well… if ever we needed a “new manager bounce”…

Go and get Poch, let’s show some actual intent and ambition. Let’s become a force.

Opportunities like this don’t last and don’t come along very often.

It’s a great opportunity for him to build a side and make a mark in this league again. We have a lot of appeal, away from the pitch…

We need someone to sort that side out for us…

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

I mean he leaves midfielders who are comfortable in possession on the bench or out of the squad so is that a surprise?

I agree but it’s like picking 3 turds out of 6.

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Michael Beale the brains … Critchley missing Australia was shit timings. Shit state of affairs at present and awful summary of Villa and Gerrard on the radio just now. Scathing and sadly correct… 

Thing is we were going downhill at the end of last season. We've been on a downward trajectory since about March.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Why are the player's so weak mentally?

We conceded early against Bournemouth and put on a pathetic showing. We conceded straight after scoring against Everton, which nearly cost us the game, and we conceded straight after our goal today and got battered.

Gerrard is not improving the players at all.

Told to do things that don’t work. What does that do to your morale?

Just now, AV82 said:

Who could've foreseen Steven Gerrard's biggest fault being an inability to organise a midfield. It's hilarious when you think about it.

Gifted player supported by smart footballers, he didn’t have to think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The players are looking a bit dissociated from the manager, this was a whole team (apart from Martinez) playing well below par. We had a good platform from the last game but something is amiss. I for one do not like manger upheaval, I'd rather they were given time and got it right - he might need more time. But I've moved from patient to impatient. Let's see what he gives us the next 4 games, then move. 

Gerrard's personality is not exactly endearing - he's prickly and humourless. This is not a good platform for building a happy dressing room that is focused and committed, but rather demoralised players who aren't going to want to listen to more shouting from someone out of his depth and with nothing insightful to say. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

Gerrard is being poor. But our 11 isn’t good enough. I struggle to find 6 worse starting 11’s than us in the league 

A worse team put 2 pass man City on the last day of the season. 

It's not the players this time, it's a manager who has been signed for some on the job training.

GET US A MANAGER WITH EXPERIENCE, PLEEEEEEEEEESE!

I will have zero sympathy when he gets sacked. I'm beginning to hate the bloke, like I did when he played for the plop.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Who could've foreseen Steven Gerrard's biggest fault being an inability to organise a midfield. It's hilarious when you think about it.

As good as he was though, he wasn't an intelligent player.

• Like 1

Gerrard has a week to convince the Board to break our transfer record on a quality CM and to sign a good CB who can fill in for Carlos this season and then challenge Mings for the second starting position when Carlos comes back.  Whether he then lasts until Christmas would still be doubtful but at least it would give the next manager a chance.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â