Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

£32 million net so far for Gerrard to sign players. Whens he walking due to lack of support from the board ? 

Purslow might be blinded by the love of Gerrard, but I'm sure Edens and his crew aren't. We all know top 6 isn't gonna be a easy task now. But I don't think with their investment they are gonna allow another bottom half finish, even midtable might get him the sack.

You got to feel for Gerrard, having to scrounge in between the sofa cushions for players and padding the squad with some freebies like Boubacar Kamara, who of course didn't cost the club a dime. Wouldn't blame him if he walked.

• Haha 3

What's with the obsession with win rates? If you're going to judge a manager on such a simple metric like that the only acceptable one is ppg. That doesn't take context into account and you'd have to judge cup names separately but at least it gives you an accurate idea of how we're performing over a period of time. Win % is such a stupid metric to judge someone against. Draws are worth points as well everyone

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Me 100%. I am delighted with the job he is doing and he is improving. He made a mistake or was quoted out of context with Mings but he has set that straight. Bournemouth was awful but he and the players seem to have taken that wake up call to heart. Our win against Everton was strong and I am looking forward to Palace.

Every manager is 3 wins or 3 losses away form being popular or unpopular. Gerrard is no different. Its all about results.

I am not so sure I agree with that. If Gerrard wins 3 in a row I don't think he will gain new popularity on here. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not so sure I agree with that. If Gerrard wins 3 in a row I don't think he will gain new popularity on here. 

Has he done that?

If he has then brilliant if not then what's your point?

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Has he done that?

If he has then brilliant if not then what's your point?

If you don't understand the point I will explain. Some people have made up their mind on Gerrard and they do not judge him on what he is doing at Villa. The comment I replied to suggested that if a manager gets 3 wins in a row he will be popular. I was highlighting that Gerrard's popularity would not increase with many on VT, even if he won 3 in a row. The point being that some people have already made up their mind about him and blind themselves to his performance.

I hope that helps your understanding of my point.

• Like 1

Sooner or later we must have the patience to trust a manager to actually rebuild us. No-one will be able to do it overnight or even over one singular season.

sustainable success can only come from years of hard work, failure, corrections and then success. Sacking people left right and center will not bring success. 

It’s ok to think that Gerrard is not that manager. But facts are clear; we really don’t know yet because even considering last season, success is a process, and takes time. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

The point being that some people have already made up their mind about him and blind themselves to his performance.

That’s for pro supporters of him as well, some blame anything but him

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He’s already done it and we scored nine goals without reply. Still people found fault.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim said:

He’s already done it and we scored nine goals without reply. Still people found fault.

Went down hill badly after that, wasn’t it 9 points in the next 11 games then.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Went down hill badly after that, wasn’t it 9 points in the next 11 games then.

That of course is not what the original question was about.

I was going to suggest you are moving the goalposts but that sounds a bit silly on a football message board. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â