Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched the Last Everton highlights posted by the club , goals came from some outstanding moves.

I also remember us having some brilliant moves and playing some brilliant football in a couple of other performances too.

Reminds me that, whilst we've been shit alot, admittedly, the notion that " we've never played any good football " or seen any signs of encouragement throughout his whole tenure is absolute nonsense.

The last Everton game we scored a single goal from a corner no?

In 2022 I could practically count the good performances on 1 hand. The 2 Leeds games, 2 United games, Southampton, Burnley away maybe? November up til the United home game (Coutinho's debut) we played consistently good football but that was so long ago, and also a very interesting cutoff point 👀 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We haven't beaten a team that finished above 15th in the league last season since December

That is absolutely shocking. You'd think with just the law of averages and the randomness in football we would have lucked out against 1 team that finished in the top 15.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The last Everton game we scored a single goal from a corner no?

In 2022 I could practically count the good performances on 1 hand. The 2 Leeds games, 2 United games, Southampton, Burnley away maybe? November up til the United home game (Coutinho's debut) we played consistently good football but that was so long ago, and also a very interesting cutoff point 👀 

We won 3 - 0 in the one in talking about | September.

So guess not the " last " one, had to double check.

Point still remains.

OH FFS that was under Deano in 2021 wasn't it???!!! 😂

Digne own goal for them!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

That was under Smith though...

Yeah i've updated the posts mate 🤣

Saw " Digne " on the corresponding scoresheet so assumed it was with SG.

When it was actually a Digne own goal ffs!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Wondering if there's more to the story behind Beale jumping ship so soon. 

Mate Beale was with him for years before coming here... lol

Maybe sometimes the story is just what it says on the tin?

We could also wonder if there is more to ROK jumping ship under Deano?

Or Critchley leaving a Managers post to be an Assistant?

Seek and we will find ,,,, lol

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah i've updated the posts mate 🤣

We played some good stuff even under Deano last season, the results became untenable though. Wolves was the killer.

My favourite performance under Gerrard was United away in the FA Cup. I thought we were really onto something then. We've rarely seen anything come close to that since which is very disappointing. It's been so long now that I can't reasonably expect its return either.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thing is if we lose against Everton I'd imagine we lose the next four after that too...

Everton is the easiest opposition we face for some time, after that it’s:
Crystal Palace (away)
West Ham (home)
Arsenal (away)
Manchester City (home)
Leicester (away)
Southampton (home) 
Leeds (away)
Nottingham (away)

If we lose against Everton and keep SG, I don’t see us getting any points before we play Southampton or Nottingham.

Our record is 11 consecutive loses in the premier league, will SG make history.

• Sad 1

We'll stumble across enough points to not be relegated but don't see us finisher much higher than we did last season if we stick with Gerrard and his ideas of football.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i get the feeling a lot of fans are waiting, primed for a moment to explode, rather than it being organic, and the Everton game could be the fuse i reckon.

Well then they would be stupid. To make the home atmosphere toxic would just be assisting all our rivals.

People just working themselves up into a hateful frenzy.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

We'll stumble across enough points to not be relegated but don't see us finisher much higher than we did last season if we stick with Gerrard and his ideas of football.

I can't see/hope the board wouldn't allow a run that bad to go as long.

IF everything continues on the same path, we need to time it in a way to be able to still attract a top Manager before they get scooped up.

With how it's started for Ten Haag, Pochettino could be at United quicker than we think LMAO.

If we were to replace SG, god forbid it all goes wrong, Pochettino and Potter are my favoured targets.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

My main worry is if we get those so called "easy" games out of the way like the Bournemouths of the world, and we get through it in a bad shape what happens then? 

Gerrard had an awful record against the top half teams last season 😞

If it continues like this and we don’t improve, we are absolutely going to get torn apart and embarrassed by a top/quality team… it’s not going to be pretty…

this why I would like a change asap as we are just risking further damage… again, he’s had over 9 months to sort us out and “stamp his authority” and establish some form of a playing style and has absolutely failed… we’ve won 6 games in 23… that’s it… shocking…

the only point in sticking with the manager is if there are any “crumbs of comfort” or signs for encouragement or optimism… I don’t see a single one.

Our poor performance and lack of imagination/ideas, piss poor defending (including continually allowing the ball to bounce in our box!) and lack of direction, including apparent unrest in the squad as well as SG’ abrasive personality, has me demoralised… and I know I’m not the only one…

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I can't recall going from optimistic and excited for a new season to pessimistic and despondent in a matter of 96 minutes.

What a **** calamity. 

Shambles was here way before, sadly a lot had blind optimism to the Gerrard PR machine

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Christ listening to the Mings debacle on various media, you get the impression that Gerrard is turning us into a bit of a circus with his pointlessly incendiary comments. We seemed to have rolled the clock back several years in a few months.

Sherwood version 2.0

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

EDIT: Got this completely WRONG, This was actually a win under Deano in 2021

Just watched the Last Everton highlights posted by the club , goals came from some outstanding moves.

I also remember us having some brilliant moves and playing some brilliant football in a couple of other performances too.

Reminds me that, whilst we've been shit alot, admittedly, the notion that " we've never played any good football " or seen any signs of encouragement throughout his whole tenure is absolute nonsense.

You can hide posts mate 😄 

From the dots in the corner.

Any positive performances under SG were a hell of a long time ago, the momentum has been decline/downward and it is very worrying… we’ve barely won any games…

15 minutes ago, sne said:

That’s what I believe too. Without a new manager I see us finishing behind even clubs like Everton and Leeds.

The worst thing is that the current owners are almost like winning the lottery, rich and willing to invest. But their patience won’t be unlimited and I fear another shit season, and having to restart with another manager, could make them lose interest. Such a wasted opportunity if that were to happen.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â