Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well for me Digne, Coutinho, Kamara & Carlos have all been excellent signings. 3 of whome have all said specifically Gerrard was one of the reasons they came here.

I also remember Deano (who I still adore) getting lost tactically last season (3 at the back anyone? thought not.) He also has struggled at Norwich, forgivable because the players there are terrible but worth noting.

I also did believe we were in relegation danger and I believe so now. Then again I have been scarred by our past decade so maybe I am just gun shy I dunno.

I just hope against hope that we win big at Everton and these unprofessional comments stop from Gerrard. I dont like it at all. 

I said it in another thread but are those signings really better or bigger than previous ones?

Luca Digne, proven premier league quality. Well same for Danny Ings. 

Carlos, big name from a foreign league, well same for Leon Bailey. 

And whilst we beat big names to get Kamara, the same can be said for Buendia. 

Coutinho is the only signing you could say would not be possible without Gerrard and this one looks like it could potentially be a **** up. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I said it in another thread but are those signings really better or bigger than previous ones?

Luca Digne, proven premier league quality. Well same for Danny Ings. 

Carlos, big name from a foreign league, well same for Leon Bailey. 

And whilst we beat big names to get Kamara, the same can be said for Buendia. 

Coutinho is the only signing you could say would not be possible without Gerrard and this one looks like it could potentially be a **** up. 

I think Dignes the only one you can make an argument for but the rest are significantly bigger imo. 

Not really given much of an opinion to the game on the weekend yet but I don't feel like Gerrard will have very long to turn things around. Which many may argue is a bit of a crazy thing to say 1 game into a season but when you combine last weekends results with the backend of last season, things don't look very good, at all.

25 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think Dignes the only one you can make an argument for but the rest are significantly bigger imo. 

Its all a bit pointless,isnt it.I mean you could sign players like Messi,Ronaldo etc etc....but whats the point if you cant get the best out of them ?! At the moment Coutinho is playing ( probably ) the worst football of his career and we dont seem to have a plan/tactic.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not really given much of an opinion to the game on the weekend yet but I don't feel like Gerrard will have very long to turn things around. Which many may argue is a bit of a crazy thing to say 1 game into a season but when you combine last weekends results with the backend of last season, things don't look very good, at all.

This has always been the case though.

Gerrard needs to deliver asap, his moronic excuses such as us not crossing the ball enough despite making over 30 crosses in a game don't help his situation.

Edited by AshVilla

Obviously they are seeing the same things we are but I honestly thought the media would give him a longer honeymoon period. They seem to be calling him out just as much as the fans are already.

It doesn't matter if it is 1 game or 10 games. He's had enough time to work with the players already here, sign his 'own' players and get them to play in his 'style'. 

Bottom line is, I'm struggling to remember, in recent years, a worst performance than I witnessed at Bournemouth. 

If I was managing a shop and when I took it over it wasn't doing overly great, but I told the owner 'spend a load of cash mate, let me get my own staff in, different products etc...' then 10 months later it was worse than before, I'd be sacked. 

It staggers me people are willing to wait 10 games, nearly a 1/3 of the season, and hope he magically stumbles across a line-up/tactic that works. 

Anyone heard the comments Richard keys mentioned about Gerrard dividing the dressing room regarding mings stripped of captaincy.

My personal opinion  Gerrard is currently imitating wiley coyote just overrunning the cliff edge, he's done and will not pull this back.

Chucking mings under the bus, look me in the eyes and tell me your ready, behave Gerrard you're a complete amateur manager and you're certainly showing it, your have a squad packed full of talent that you cannot get a tune out of, why I ask can every fan see what you can't see regarding players and who shouldn't play.

Mcginns appointment as skipper has completely thrown everyone but not unexpected I suppose as he is King favourite it was always on the cards. One thing also on the cards is Gerrard failing miserably longterm. Saturday against a side in everton where are recent form has been superb he will rely on those failing favourites yet again.

I would say thanks for the memories but they have been dull and not what I expect from the villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Tell me again why Dean was sacked (despite so much success and credit in the bank and disruption to deal with) but we’re still stuck with this amateur:

Probably because we were being dragged in to a relegation battle in that season.  If the same happens again I’m sure Gerrard will be sacked too. He won’t be sacked after one game of the season no matter how badly fans want him gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably because we were being dragged in to a relegation battle in that season.  If the same happens again I’m sure Gerrard will be sacked too. He won’t be sacked after one game of the season no matter how badly fans want him gone.

Talk of relegation was more than premature… but my point isn’t why we sacked Dean… it’s why we’re sticking with SG after 9 months of dross, no signs of progress and improvement, no defined way of playing, and apparent unrest now…

He hasn’t been with us for one game… 6 wins in 23… are we really happy with that? He’s had his preseason, he’s brought his own players in… should he not be under pressure at least?

Another wasted season is upcoming…

Talk of relegation was more than premature… but my point isn’t why we sacked Dean… it’s why we’re sticking with SG after 9 months of dross, no signs of progress and improvement, no defined way of playing, and apparent unrest now…

He hasn’t been with us for one game… 6 wins in 23… are we really happy with that? He’s had his preseason, he’s brought his own players in… should he not be under pressure at least?

Another wasted season is upcoming…

Well the club obviously believe in Gerrard and have backed him. If this form continues and it looks like we're getting involved in a relegation battle as it did with Smith, then I have little doubt they will pull the trigger and replace him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

They’re at least right about the fanbases. Lampard still seems popular with Everton fans (why I do not know) and will most likely stay longer than SG.

Kept them up and crucially isnt Rafa Benitez

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well the club obviously believe in Gerrard and have backed him. If this form continues and it looks like we're getting involved in a relegation battle as it did with Smith, then I have little doubt they will pull the trigger and replace him. 

Ok, so wait until we are in deep shit before changing anything.

Waste another season.

Ok, sure…

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Waste another season.

Ok, sure…

Well kinda yeah, you change things when they're going badly and it looks like things won't change. That's just normal, isn't it?

I'm slowly drifitng into the Gerrard out camp myself as I generally hate the system he's trying to implement. We don't seem to have the players for it and it's never seemed to work. But even though I feel that way, I don't think he should be sacked...... yet. 

• Like 2

Waste another season.

Ok, sure…

@PieFacE is correct.

But...so are you. Would be so annoying to waste this season.

Leicester are in disarray, West Ham have Europe to contend with, Wolves look very weak (Guedes is a shame).

There's only Newcastle to worry about outside the top 6. Plus obviously they appointed their manager the same time as us and have gone flying past us when they had 0 wins. Embarrassing.

Next year it will be much harder to finish 7th or 8th.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â