Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Lost count of how many times I said I was very happy to see Smith leave, and equally sceptic about SG replacing him.

Villa under NSWE have a manager deficit. Money is spent on everything except brains.

Yesterday everyone were ecstatic about the assistant replacement for Beale. Great, but we still don’t have an experienced manager with merits from one of the big leagues. If Villa keep spending, this will be the remaining problem. We’ll never challenge the top 4 without a coherent idea.

Crazy post. NSWE without a coherent idea? Wild. Give me some examples of managers with merits from the big leagues we could have signed when we got Gerrard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Crazy post. NSWE without a coherent idea? Wild. Give me some examples of managers with merits from the big leagues we could have signed when we got Gerrard. 

They have been mentioned before. Tedesco was available, so was Favre

We all know we never had an interview process or had a list of options and Gerrard was always Purslows Number One choice

21 minutes ago, Adman said:

I don't understand being either 100% for or 100% against the manager at this stage with the performances and results to date

But if you're not 100 percent against, it means you're 100 percent for.... apparently... no realistic middle ground is possible.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who is " WE " and how do we know this? lol

The whole employment world since Smith was sacked on the Sunday and Gerrard was hired the next Thursday. Was absolutely no chance other managers were considered in such a short time frame

Plus the leaks in 2020 Gerrard was wanted by Purslow to replace Smith

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They have been mentioned before. Tedesco was available, so was Favre

We all know we never had an interview process or had a list of options and Gerrard was always Purslows Number One choice

Not sure we all know this.

The CEO took a hunch on someone that he knows extremely well, someone who knows the league extremely well (unlike the other names mentioned) and has basically pretty much never failed at anything in his life. 

This manager has also brought in the highest calibre of players that quite frankly we’ve probably ever seen in the modern era … And he’s only just got started. 

Yes, it might go to shit but the upside is huge…and based on Gerrard’s career to date more likely to happen than not. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The whole employment world since Smith was sacked on the Sunday and Gerrard was hired the next Thursday. Was absolutely no chance other managers were considered in such a short time frame

No foundation to any of this. There is just as much chance that the replacement manager hunt and interviews had taken place long before Smith was sacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

No foundation to any of this. There is just as much chance that the replacement manager hunt and interviews had taken place long before Smith was sacked.

A poor run of form in a month then when we sack a manager who got us our highest points tally in over a decade and replace him immediately

I dont buy it. Gerrard was always going to be the next Villa manager with Purslow here. The Newcastle rumours for Gerrard spooked Purslow into action 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is it not a good thing that the CEO of a company knows exactly who he wants to employ as a senior manager within the company and goes and gets that person to join? 

Not when its his mate :P 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We were also linked with Bruno Lage, as well as other Managers in 2020.

Fact is, even if SG was Purslows " preferred choice " . Insinuating that the club basically rigged a whole system, had no ethics, or contingency plans ( What if SG said no , or changed his mind? ) is quite a claim.

I find it extremely unbelievable that a club of our stature, with these owners, would not have considered other possibilities.

You say it as FACT.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not when its his mate :P 

Why? and who said they are mates, when Gerrard was appointed there was a lot of this type of narrative to try and suggest there was something dodgy about the appointment but wasn't it reported that Gerrard and Purslow hadn't been in contact for a number of years before Purslow discussed the Villa job with him. They are hardly mates

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Dean’s a lower premiership and upper championship manager. Let it go man and let’s not forget that the points tally was an extremely Low bar.

55 points is a low bar. 

Whats the point of a conversation when suggest this guff

Considering Gerrard is being lauded by some for finishing 9th in a PPG table when hereally finished 14th.55 points in a real season is a low bar

Just now, Zatman said:

55 points is a low bar. 

Whats the point of a conversation when suggest this guff

Considering Gerrard is being lauded by some for finishing 9th in a PPG table when hereally finished 14th.55 points in a real season is a low bar

Fine. Name your stake. I’ll bet you that Gerrard beats smiths points target this year. Shut up or put up. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Favre who hasn’t worked since 2020 and may not want to return to management. 
Or Tedesco who left Moscow as he wanted to be in Germany with family. 

Yeah we really know they were available.

I really am intrigued as to why you hate Liverpool and subsequently Gerrard so much. You seem so reluctant to give him any chance

I hate all the Sky 6 and the crap from the fans and Gerrard is the posterboy for Sky 6 football 

A very good player not world class but was hyped as the best midfielder about when was far from it and will be same as manager 

I have praised him when he has deserved it but for me but its a job he didnt deserve and cronyism from Purslow 

Also as mentioned before he has an identical win record to Tim Sherwood and same games played and in much better conditions than Sherwood had. He got none of this backing

• Like 1

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

If you think smiths points achievement was that special and that Gerrard is that poor then surely it’s easy money. Reality is that either you’re still twisted over smith or you’re a troll. 

Again nobody has said bring Smith back except the Gerrardistas

When was the last Villa team to get 55 top flight points? Gerrard should be getting 70 next season with the investment and 55 this season was also achievable

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So in one breath you’re saying 55 points is really hard and then saying 70 is easy because it’s Steven Gerrard? The man must have done something bad to you when you were kids. 

70 should be gettable because of the huge investment he has received 🙄

He isnt playing Trez and AEG

Edited by Zatman
  • Confused 1

Smith has spent far more than Gerrard so far re transfer fees so please quantify that statement. Gerrard has actually spent relatively little in capital outlay. 

Also, id be really interested in how you expect Gerrard to achieve more points than Tottenham considering they got less than 70 points last season despite the huge difference in spending over the last 5 years? 

For avoidance of doubt only the top 3 got more than 70 points last season. Ridiculous. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â