Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

12 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

"Steven Gerrard: “I think we are further ahead here (at Villa) than we were at Rangers. But it does take time, it takes windows, it’s a patient process. It is not just going to change overnight...” #avfc"

All he **** talks about is transfer windows and buying players. Never coaching players to be better or finding a system that more suits our players and their strengths. He's really starting to get on my tits.

Apart from this bit you mean?

You can never stop working with your players, trying to improve them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

"Steven Gerrard: “I think we are further ahead here (at Villa) than we were at Rangers. But it does take time, it takes windows, it’s a patient process. It is not just going to change overnight...” #avfc"

All he **** talks about is transfer windows and buying players. Never coaching players to be better or finding a system that more suits our players and their strengths. He's really starting to get on my tits.

It's almost as if he gets asked specific questions about the transfer window and squad improvement, and then answers them... the prick...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So he should just play defensive counter attacking football with average players that he inherited?

The man wants to compete properly and has clearly already made an assessment - after giving them plenty of opportunity to impress - that a lot of this squad is bang average and just not good enough to compete for a European position. 

Tbf I don't think the assessment is a lot of them are bang average and need to be replaced. Cash for example, there were definitely doubts on here early on about whether he would adapt to the more aggressive attacking role but he absolutely has. Ramsey has continued to improve as well. IMO there's only a couple of positions we are likely to get nailed on first XI replacements for this summer because I expect changes to those few positions, if done right, will have a massive positive impact on results and performances next season.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Who's saying they're against him? People are stating the fact they don't like how he keeps bringing up transfer windows and bringing players in.

If you can't take any criticism/questioning of Gerrard, then yeah I'd stay out.

It is not a bit weird that people aren't happy the manager wants us to have better players?!

Plus as mentioned by others, not sure he's the one bringing it up by asking questions about the transfer window.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim said:

Apart from this bit you mean?

It get's harder and harder for me to take some of these seriously now mate.

My favourite of the past couple days is hands down " Yes they have improved, but they've improved playing their natural games "

So while the players might have improved, they haven't actually improved. lol

People are legit making things up as they go along.

You can only laugh at this point.

No need getting wound up or even attempting to debate.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Gerrard talks well but doesn't back it up with action.

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

To me he's speaking honestly. If a player keeps making individual errors that are costing the team what else can he do but replace them? Al the games bar 1 we've lost under Gerrard are by a single goal. The individual errors are costing us. 

He doesn't change players after errors though. He says he will but doesn't, there's protected players who play every game.

Coutinho plays every game, McGinn plays every game.

Buendia doesn't start having been our best player for weeks.

Newcastle was it? We were crap and he clearly wasn't happy and said expect changes. One change, Watkins for Ings, not even anyone who'd played that badly!

If Gerrard managed as good a game as he talks, I'd have no complaints.

I'm worried by the serious amount of Steve Bruce/Tim Sherwood self-preservation creeping in to be honest. It's not my fault I need better players.

Very glad to hear him say top 10 minimum next season. I'd go 55 points myself, but whatever. Spending another £100m, season ticket prices up 10-40%, it is going to be the minimum expectation from fans. The atmosphere will take a few weeks (and wins) to get going if the football is as flat as we've seen at times as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't think so? You'll see universal praise if we play well.

Gerrard talks well but doesn't back it up with action.

He doesn't change players after errors though. He says he will but doesn't, there's protected players who play every game.

Coutinho plays every game, McGinn plays every game.

Buendia doesn't start having been our best player for weeks.

Newcastle was it? We were crap and he clearly wasn't happy and said expect changes. One change, Watkins for Ings, not even anyone who'd played that badly!

If Gerrard managed as good a game as he talks, I'd have no complaints.

I'm worried by the serious amount of Steve Bruce/Tim Sherwood self-preservation creeping in to be honest. It's not my fault I need better players.

Very glad to hear him say top 10 minimum next season. I'd go 55 points myself, but whatever. Spending another £100m, season ticket prices up 10-40%, it is going to be the minimum expectation from fans. The atmosphere will take a few weeks (and wins) to get going if the football is as flat as we've seen at times as well.

What does this mean? He's not the one on the pitch playing.

On Buendia (or insert any player who isn't playing at various points during the season) the guy not playing is ALWAYS the answer to all problems. Ings when Watkins was not scoring. Nakamba when he was out injured. Sanson for McGinn. Targett for Digne. 

It's simply ridiculous to expect a manager to do much with one January window and no preseason. Gerrard has got us 7th best defence and 8th best attack since he joined. A win today has us in 8th in the points table since he took over 4 points behind Newcastle. We've lost all bar 1 game (Spurs) by more than one goal. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What does this mean? He's not the one on the pitch playing.

On Buendia (or insert any player who isn't playing at various points during the season) the guy not playing is ALWAYS the answer to all problems. Ings when Watkins was not scoring. Nakamba when he was out injured. Sanson for McGinn. Targett for Digne. 

It's simply ridiculous to expect a manager to do much with one January window and no preseason. Gerrard has got us 7th best defence and 8th best attack since he joined. A win today has us in 8th in the points table since he took over 4 points behind Newcastle. We've lost all bar 1 game (Spurs) by more than one goal. 

He clearly explained what he meant in his post.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So he should just play defensive counter attacking football with average players that he inherited?

The man wants to compete properly and has clearly already made an assessment - after giving them plenty of opportunity to impress - that a lot of this squad is bang average and just not good enough to compete for a European position. 

He didn’t say that though did he? And if he had sad so it would be worrying, we aren’t going to replace that many.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

You can't polish a turd.  If a player isn't good enough, then obviously they'll be replaced when a deal can be done. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He didn’t say that though did he? And if he had sad so it would be worrying, we aren’t going to replace that many.

That’s my biggest concern.  I’m not sure how many of the first main XI the fans are expecting to change.  You would assume even with a really busy transfer window almost 7 or 8 current first XI will be first XI next season.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's almost as if he gets asked specific questions about the transfer window and squad improvement, and then answers them... the prick...

I know right what a prick. If he doesn’t talk about eastenders after tonight’s game then he’s a grade A prick.

”Poor result tonight Steven where do you think it went wrong “

”eeeeeeeeeeee yeah course Phil Mitchell gave Ian a right going over in the arches and I love the way Pat wears those earrings, in fact I’ve tried to get our Alex to wear em but she’s put me on the sofa…..”. 

Prick. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

The worst football you've seen in 25 **** years under this guy. PPG. Expected clean sheets. Table from x date.

It's totally and utterly crap crap crap football.

I can count about a thousand empty seats alone in front of me. But yes 'sold out'

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The worst football you've seen in 25 **** years under this guy. PPG. Expected clean sheets. Table from x date.

It's totally and utterly crap crap crap football.

I can count about a thousand empty seats alone in front of me. But yes 'sold out'

None of these are true though?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â